Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Apr 2003, 12:00 (Ref:557128)   #51
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No i've put the original back. The one you sent me was hideous. The problem with the updated sounds is that they don't sound realistic, and most of them sound very console gamey
Old 3 Apr 2003, 12:25 (Ref:557167)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't agree there for a moment Pirenzo. The Ferrari sample I have is taken from a period Ferrari recording and is as accurate as I've heard. If you listen to it and then listen to the Ferraris in Le Mans, the sounds are nigh on identical.

The Ferrari apart, the car wavs in the original game are hugely naff compared to the one's I'm now using. I have something like 120 of them stored, from which I've selected my favourites.

A matter of taste though, I accept.
Old 5 Apr 2003, 04:06 (Ref:559022)   #53
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I need a good late 70's sportscar game...you know, like Porsche vs. Renault type game. Those cars were awesome! But then again, any decent sportscar game would be nice right now.
Old 5 Apr 2003, 04:56 (Ref:559043)   #54
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Papyrus guys need to get their physics engine and modular approach together with the Gran Turismo guys to get some visceral sensation into the game (progressively blurring scenery and the like!)

Get a core game with a realistic and flexible physics engine, and expand it with packs like turbo era F1, Group C/IMSA GTP, circa 1970 LeMans, Can-Am, CART... All from Papyrus, properly modeled, say... $15 a disc? Meanwhile the circuits would still be churned out by independant developers, and from Papyrus themselves posted on their site.

They've got to do something to give the _option_ of a shallower learning curve, though... Like the _option_ of a simplified setup system.

As good as GPL is, there's a ton of room for improvement. Better modeling of throttle-induced oversteer, better clutch modeling, and like I mentioned, it's too damn hard to gauge speed by the seat of your pants... 50mph and 150mph feel almost exactly the same... Which is why I can never judge braking properly, and go flying off the track (it's _not_ that I'm a crappy driver... That's a whole different problem!)
Old 6 Apr 2003, 20:40 (Ref:560638)   #55
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should have a Colin McRae 3 type game about Ayrton Senna, ie, start in karts, and work your way to the Williams team and win the championship with them to win the game. (I would leave out the fatal Imola accident)
Old 8 Jun 2003, 15:00 (Ref:624617)   #56
Road Warrior
Rookie

Road Warrior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A vigilante type game where you get to shoot the baddies in the Ozzie outback would be nice....:> and loads of turboed 70s cars too.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 02:05 (Ref:625242)   #57
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
They should have a Colin McRae 3 type game about Ayrton Senna, ie, start in karts, and work your way to the Williams team and win the championship with them to win the game. (I would leave out the fatal Imola accident)

Yeah....hopefully a little better than "Ayrton Sennas Kart Duel"...what a load of ****. I just want a late 80s/early 90s F1 sim, want to be able to drive the old Tamburello and do battle with Piquet, Mansell, Prost and Senna instead of bloody Schumacher....
Old 9 Jun 2003, 07:09 (Ref:625312)   #58
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know a good game if they can get the physics right might be a Road race game proper-Old 50's racers and you can mod the cars a bit- Mille MIglia, Isle of MAn, PanAmericana, all the real roads that would be keen..
Old 9 Jun 2003, 08:01 (Ref:625349)   #59
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got something completely different - a National Rugby League game!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 12:20 (Ref:625677)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to see a Formula One game with every car from the championships history and every track. Race a Lotus 79 against an F2002 at the old nurburging! Compare a McLaren MP4/4 with the Lotus 49! Ooh, the fun that could be had!

By the way, what happened to the GPL game of the turbo era. I've been waiting six years and nothing has happened!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:11 (Ref:625952)   #61
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Apart from the obvious GPL prequel and sequel, wouldn't a London-Sydney rally game be pretty decent? Either with 1969-70 vintage cars or with modern day equivalents? Wide variety of stages and conditions, a full on game or stages at a time...

And I hope this Racing Legends thingy does get made...
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:35 (Ref:627157)   #62
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
You know a good game if they can get the physics right might be a Road race game proper-Old 50's racers and you can mod the cars a bit- Mille MIglia, Isle of MAn, PanAmericana, all the real roads that would be keen..
Great idea. You could throw in the Targa as well, to make life even more interesting.

There is a game on the Mille Miglia for the original Playstation, but it is COMPLETE rubish. Probably the worst racing game I've ever played - such a shame given the idea.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 21:08 (Ref:627575)   #63
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART CART CART CART!!! A sim that lets you drive an 800HP open-wheel car on road courses, street circuits, short ovals and superspeedways!!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 10 Jun 2003, 23:32 (Ref:627688)   #64
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I want the British Hillclimb Championship. Career mode as you work up from a Mini through sportscars and motorbike engined Single Seaters all the way up to big beast Pilbeams and Goulds.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 14:08 (Ref:629482)   #65
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
CART CART CART CART!!! A sim that lets you drive an 800HP open-wheel car on road courses, street circuits, short ovals and superspeedways!!
Hunt out a Dreamcast, get a boot disc off the net and get a copy of CART Flag To Flag. Shouldn't cost too much these days, and a great CART sim to boot, based on the 1999 season and not dated in terms of graphics in the slightest.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 15:54 (Ref:629548)   #66
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doom 3 - Hurry up guys !!

in a racing context, im looking forward to when the graphics are much more realistic and there's no jaggies on straight lines. IMO PCs still can handle decent anti-aliasing.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 13:38 (Ref:630534)   #67
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah a national rugby league game would be great, but it has to be really relistic with high tackles and punch ups
Old 13 Jun 2003, 14:41 (Ref:630573)   #68
gttouring
Veteran

I recall a rugby union game from EA sports- but yup a Rugby league game would be Tops.

I was thinking a good kerting game would be fun witha build your own kart feature and tuning blah blah- haven't seen one in the states.
and it'd be fun to have a "cup" racing game where you go from cup to cup like Fiesta cup- renault spider-porsche-beetle cup- Maseratti Trofeo cup- and so on until you pick up an enduro ride and one shot at the 24 hours
Old 16 Jun 2003, 00:40 (Ref:632458)   #69
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I heard about that Formula 1 Career Challenge that EA is making. It's a good idea, but I want to see something more complete. I want to see the most comprehensive Formula 1 simulation ever made, one that puts you into control of every imaginable aspect of the sport; driver, owner, manufacturer, sponsor, engineer, and promoter. All of EA's ball-and-stick sports games have franchise modes, I want the most detailed franchise mode conceived for Formula 1.

The game begins in 1995. As an owner, you can either form a new team, or you can buy an existing one. You find sponsors, sign drivers, design the chassis, and make a deal with an engine manufacturer. The goal is to win a World Championship, either for drivers or constructors, within 10 seasons, by 2004.

That's not where it ends. The game doesn't remain static over the years. There will be an obscene amount of options. All the major carmakers and privateer engine builders will be available. If you want a Porsche engine in your car, you can have it at a price. The Ferrari team can be powered by Judd, if you're messed up enough. There will be hundreds of real drivers, and you will be able to create your own as well. You will attempt to woo countless sponsors to put their logo on your car. You will race or test on at least fifty circuits. The schedule for each year will not be limited to what the schedule really was; if, say, a Mexican driver signs with Williams and finishes second in the 1998 championship, the Mexican GP will take place at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in 1999. If a series of serious accidents occur at the Nurburgring (there will be accidents that drivers will not simply walk away from), the European GP will be moved to Jerez. Quite simply, anything and everything will be possible.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 18:40 (Ref:636890)   #70
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
A game based around Group A Touring Cars, say for example the ETC of 1986, when Touring Cars were at their best worldwide.
Yeah, I agree- maybe even a "BTCC Legends" game with all the mid-90s drivers and cars...That would be out of this world but I'm just dreaming here.

Fishflake that sounds like a really cool game- I've always had a similar idea in my head.

Last edited by Radisichrox; 19 Jun 2003 at 18:42.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 01:27 (Ref:644256)   #71
Panzer32
Rookie

Panzer32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 challenge 1950-2003

much better than 99-02 I'd say
Old 27 Jun 2003, 04:38 (Ref:644313)   #72
gttouring
Veteran

BTCC legends in the Mid90's would be tops for me i think I f Codemaster can keep the physics/damage from the TOCA games and put it together with some gran turismo or auto modelista graphics oooh baby- and a full grid c'mon we have PS2 you can do it.
Old 28 Jun 2003, 16:48 (Ref:645514)   #73
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
The only essential game is an exceptionally good real-time Le Mans 24 Hours sim. With potential for add-ons year-on-year and the ability to save without having to pit!

Oh and I mean for the pc, of course......
Or a Mille Miglia, Targa Florio...

A 50-car PS2 LeMans would be off th' heezy
Old 5 Jul 2003, 11:34 (Ref:653199)   #74
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found out recently that there is a a NRL Football game coming out around October this year.
Pictures and some infomation can be found at this http://www.hesinteractive.com/
Old 13 Jul 2003, 17:12 (Ref:660083)   #75
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
Renault Clios?? Or could you make a computer programme capable of coping with all that panel damage!!
I like the sound of that!