Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2004, 12:25 (Ref:899331)   #51
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This whole thing sounds just SOOO counter intuitive!
Ralf to renault?! Sure renault would grab him at a low price
but...
It sounds like another ralf 'threat to leave ploy' against williams.Soon he's going to to run out of cards to hold against frank.

"Frank,minarti are offering me three hundret sousand pounds to drife for zem. i vill leef if you don't pay me fourteen million pounts"
Old 9 Mar 2004, 12:45 (Ref:899347)   #52
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...to558484.shtml

"I saw (Schumacher's manager) Willi Weber in Melbourne," Briatore said in a statement, referring to Sunday's season-opening Australian Grand Prix. "We certainly talked to each other -- we are friends, so that is perfectly normal.

"However at no time did we discuss, or have we discussed, a possible future for Ralf Schumacher in a Renault car."

Bild reported on Tuesday that Ralf, whose contract with Williams expires at the end of the year, could drive for Renault next year.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 12:52 (Ref:899354)   #53
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr (quote by Willi Weber)
"However at no time did we discuss, or have we discussed, a possible future for Ralf Schumacher in a Renault car."
So if we apply the usual razor to that we can see that it is a definite. as with politics, a flat denial means absolutely the opposite.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 12:58 (Ref:899361)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ralf at Renault?

NO CHANCE!!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:05 (Ref:899369)   #55
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why "no chance" from all you guys? Serious, going-places team and accomplished, race-winning driver - seems to fit for me, especially if Trulli's on his last chance. Maybe Williams get Alonso, or Webber.

Gordon and Alonso, Webber and Button... there sure are some exciting options, and they are all possible.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:16 (Ref:899389)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Indeed Glen,

But most other teams will have seen RS as a soft touch when the chips are down

ie, whenever he is in straight fight with Juan on a given day and whenever he is in the rare position to take on his brother and then defer to him!

Why would a team that is likely to be right up there in 2005 want to sign someone like that?

I think RS is fast but he is not an ace i'm afraid and i doubt he'd offer any more than Jarno does.

Flavio is more likely to put Webber in the other car above anyone else
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:16 (Ref:899390)   #57
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
So if we apply the usual razor to that we can see that it is a definite. as with politics, a flat denial means absolutely the opposite.
razor applied: that was Briatore speaking.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:22 (Ref:899405)   #58
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Its been denied by Flavio Flave so there are two possibilities.

1) Webber was lying and is trying to forcve his hand at Williams.
2) Or Flavio Flave is hedging his bets and trying to appease Trulli who doesn't need this blow.
Other possibilities include:

3. Bild is lying.

4. Bild has misinterpreted whatever Weber has said to them.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:26 (Ref:899412)   #59
Glen
Veteran

chunterer

I don't think team bosses pay much attention to the nonsense stereotypes that get bred and developed on these message boards. Ralf's results are not all that bad - he certainly is just as worthy as DC, and surely a more accomplished racer than Trulli.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:27 (Ref:899413)   #60
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hey, here's a thought.....why don't they just end the 2004 season right now.....ms wins his 7th wdc....everyone has almost a year to jump from this team to that team and back again.....contracts can be signed, then torn up but twice in this interval, and we can start fresh in 2005....but then again f1 would lose its soap opera lustre...
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:30 (Ref:899420)   #61
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
...and I think your are more likely DonK.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:34 (Ref:899431)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simple as that... Is Ralf really good for Renault ?

Check the facts. Renault is the next big, and chases the WDC and WCC, they have everything they need now, just keep growing.

Would they need a driver like Ralf ? ? ?
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:36 (Ref:899433)   #63
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
I must unsubscribe from this thread - I am never gonna get any work done
Old 9 Mar 2004, 15:17 (Ref:899536)   #64
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a couple of names, like Rosberg jr, Piquet jr, Scheckter jr, Dixon ...able to fill any spot.
Add to the list: Montagny, Wilson, DC
Old 9 Mar 2004, 15:42 (Ref:899557)   #65
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO

TOYOTA will go for DC who is nearly as fast, easy to work with and great with the sponsors and corporate wonks.

wonks never heard that term before

Another reason for Toyota to go for DC..he's cheaper! and looking at Toyota's abysmal performance on sunday, they need all the money to develop the car they can get
Old 9 Mar 2004, 18:47 (Ref:899764)   #66
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wonk
n. Slang

1. A student who studies excessively; a grind.
2. One who studies an issue or a topic thoroughly or excessively: “leading a talkathon of policy wonks in a methodical effort to build consensus for his programs” (Michael Kranish).

Usually used for politicians who are well educated on the minutia of the issues.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:19 (Ref:899896)   #67
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Another reason for Toyota to go for DC..he's cheaper! and looking at Toyota's abysmal performance on sunday, they need all the money to develop the car they can get
assuming that you could get DC for $6 and ralf would cost you $13, leaving asside the absurdity of ralf beign worth more than twice DC, what do you think toyota would do with $407m that they couldnt do with $400m?

You can see why Toyota invested in Gascoigne, hang on a spare $7m? we're not saying he's being paid as much as Byrne are we
Old 9 Mar 2004, 20:24 (Ref:899902)   #68
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by bosch!

You can see why Toyota invested in Gascoigne, hang on a spare $7m? we're not saying he's being paid as much as Byrne are we
I have heard a rumour that Mike is second highest paid of all the techies, Newey being the highest!
Old 9 Mar 2004, 23:46 (Ref:900214)   #69
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
...and I think your are more likely DonK.
what's donk?....similar to imbibed? ....nah it was just before my first cup o java this morning....
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:47 (Ref:900284)   #70
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmm.
Ralf for $13mil and DC for $6mil....nah,if i was a team manager i would rather live with the shame of giving up and getting out of f1 than spend that much on also rans (and never win a chamionship anyway!)
Old 10 Mar 2004, 13:27 (Ref:900825)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How much they pay for DaMatta ?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 13:34 (Ref:900837)   #72
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get the feeling that this one could be one of those stories that will run and run and run zzzzzzzzz. You got to ask what the hell is ralf at here he is in one of the top teams in f1 and all he seems to do is complain. Pull your finger out mate and get in the bloody car and go out and race and do your best to win the the championships
Old 10 Mar 2004, 17:34 (Ref:901063)   #73
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WilliWeber is sometimes a real pain.

Last edited by Gt_R; 10 Mar 2004 at 17:35.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 02:56 (Ref:904802)   #74
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf to Renault

this week in the australian news papers they say Ralf has signed with Renault for next season.
can any one confirm thsi?
if so who will be at Williams next year i would like to see Webber and Button.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 03:35 (Ref:904810)   #75
Eff One
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
Eff One has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Villeneuve and Webber.