Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Oct 2003, 07:02 (Ref:755547)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cash Converters here we come....

Why is there a 2nd thread on this by the way??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Oct 2003, 07:08 (Ref:755553)   #52
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Accident GTR , I am new to this forum although not some of the participants. I still think the Old format was a whole lot better. I will predict AA will flounder, if it does not provide as much info as the non-colour edition. Also get rid of the grid girls and replace with some good colur shots of local racing, like they had before.
By the way does anyone know how the Sports Sedans went at the 4th round of the TRans Tasman challenge?

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 19 Oct 2003 at 07:13.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 07:17 (Ref:755567)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does NZ still have its Speed Sport publication? You used to be able to get it on the Gold Coast pretty easily, but havent seen it here for a long time. That mob had LOTS of info in its package...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Oct 2003, 08:30 (Ref:755622)   #54
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Yep, Speedsport is still going GTR. I get it every month, and it still covers pretty much everything

If you like, I can give you the publisher details as that could make it easier for you to find??
Old 19 Oct 2003, 08:32 (Ref:755623)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
That would be cool Tracy, by PM would be great
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:22 (Ref:755652)   #56
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought Foges said he had overwhelming support at Bathurst for the new format. I personally thought he was telling porkies.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:28 (Ref:755659)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I guess when he asked his staff, he had overwhelming support
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:30 (Ref:755661)   #58
pete55
Veteran

If what you read about the new format in these forums is and indication of overall acceptance, i think AA will become very scarce on the bookshelves. Hope Foges didn't spend too much designing the new format. Considering his experience in his field, his effort to improve the magazine in this case is very poor. Thank god we have Motorsport News.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:32 (Ref:755664)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
But a one game town isnt the solution either....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:40 (Ref:755672)   #60
pete55
Veteran

No i agree GTR. But AA will have to improve or it will disappear. Maybe RossP can start one up again.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:43 (Ref:755676)   #61
pete55
Veteran

You could be right GTR because i haven't really heard anyone that likes it yet.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:48 (Ref:755685)   #62
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Q. Does anyone think no matter what AA does it will be the wrong thing?
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:51 (Ref:755687)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not really, but they havent been headed in the right direction circulation or content wise for some time now... and despite the latest makeover, cant seem to aspire to the greatness and regard the publication once enjoyed
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:56 (Ref:755695)   #64
pete55
Veteran

Crash, it used to be a good publication. I think it's downhill slide began when Tony Cochrane came onto the scene. But then that applies to many other aspects of motorsport in this country.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:26 (Ref:755746)   #65
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete 55, I thought the same thing. They would have had great support of the new format from Phil Branagan and the boys at Motorsport News!

Basically, the new format sucks, the content is of lesser quality and if I want to look at tits, I'll buy Penthouse or surf the net. I buy AA for Motorsport News, not cheap thrills.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:55 (Ref:755775)   #66
pete55
Veteran

Yes there are plenty of girlie magazines around. I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 in it but the whole magazine as far as news on Australian motorsport is pathetic. Same people are interviewed every few months, as well as a lot of worthless articles they've had lately don't help.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 12:30 (Ref:755847)   #67
White Knight

Publishers keep saying the circulation figures are on the up. Maybe like politics, there is a silent majority?

Old 19 Oct 2003, 12:37 (Ref:755851)   #68
pete55
Veteran

If you look at the figures i think they are pretty poor considering the number of motorsport competitors and fans there are in this country.
Old 19 Oct 2003, 12:40 (Ref:755855)   #69
White Knight

I don't disagree with you Pete55, just saying their figures were up.

Old 19 Oct 2003, 13:25 (Ref:755893)   #70
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well considering Australian Playboy got shafted (ooops, poor choice of expression...) by the internet, perhaps the same is happening to the motorsport mags.

I mean by the time I pick up AA at the newsagents, I know all the stuff already. Granted it's goss from here and a couple of other sites, but then so's AA
Old 19 Oct 2003, 13:32 (Ref:755901)   #71
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I look at my AA for free, so i reckon it's really good !
Old 19 Oct 2003, 13:40 (Ref:755913)   #72
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have a phone number for AA? I need to contact them regarding this watch. I've rung one of the numbers in the mag several times to no answer and left messages, but no one's getting back to me.

PM would be great
Old 19 Oct 2003, 14:12 (Ref:755975)   #73
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My God, you guys must be the first I've met you actually agree with my letter!!
Old 19 Oct 2003, 19:58 (Ref:756268)   #74
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Aust Playboy folded because its content and photo(Printing quality) deteriorated after it was taken over Emap. AA On the other hand even two years ago was an informative mag. What happened to the technical articles? The news items on he sidebars? The coverage of local Speedway, Drag Racing . Off Road etc?
Old 19 Oct 2003, 20:05 (Ref:756274)   #75
Robert Ryan
Veteran

One thing I must comment on we are better than the US, when it comes to weekly or fortnightly motorsport publications. They have NSSN National Speed Sport News, which is awful.It looks like a thin throwaway suburburban newspaper.