Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1897954)   #51
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sorry guys, My fault. I went to get my chips out of the oven so all the action that hadn't happened suddenly had to.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1897956)   #52
Dudley
Veteran

James Hincliffe. Superb.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1897959)   #53
Dudley
Veteran

Heh, Katherine's going to get some yelling at.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1897965)   #54
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ahhh its all Dudley's fault
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1897966)   #55
Dudley
Veteran

Yup, I was gone for literally 45 seconds. The worst possible 45 as it turns out.

Bloody nice chips though.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:33 (Ref:1897967)   #56
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hey the Frenchman is leading......But not Bourdais
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1897970)   #57
Dudley
Veteran

Looks inevitable though.

Still, probable 2nd podium for Minardi.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1897977)   #58
Dudley
Veteran

Very probable in fact.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1897978)   #59
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Out of fuel
Old 22 Apr 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1897988)   #60
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, **** happens. Still, I love what PKV are doing. If you're going to finish 11th/12th anyway, take a shot! Maybe it will work out. Nice to see someone being a bit unconservative. And Gommendy certainly have proved his worth running up front at a good pace two races in a row.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1897992)   #61
D70s
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver
D70s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is Katherine going to be in the Dale Coyne car in Portland? I'm pretty sure Kalkhoven just said he wanted to kill her.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 21:13 (Ref:1897994)   #62
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I didn't get to see the race because in Canada its on some wacky channel that no one has heard of and I don't get. But anyway...

The worst thing that's going to happen if your running 12th is that you could finish 13th (the below that are almost always out due to accidents or mechanical).
Old 22 Apr 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1897999)   #63
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RACE RESULTS AND CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS HAVE NOW BEEN ADDED TO THE 3RD POST IN THIS THREAD

Well when I finish the points they will be
Old 22 Apr 2007, 21:49 (Ref:1898025)   #64
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D70s
So is Katherine going to be in the Dale Coyne car in Portland? I'm pretty sure Kalkhoven just said he wanted to kill her.
... it was just after Legge kicked out Jani running in fourth and KK said something like that in the pits... James Hincliffe made the point about Legge: this year she is absolutely dissapointing, off the pace, doing stupid moves, only backrunning and wrecking cars... Coyne isn't very happy too. I'm not shure that we will see her in Portland again...
Old 22 Apr 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1898046)   #65
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Round 3 Predictions Competition results have also been posted in the fantasy/Predictions forum
Old 22 Apr 2007, 23:07 (Ref:1898063)   #66
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Really enjoyed that... a million times better than the last Champcar race I attended (though, as that was Brands Hatch, that'd not be difficult!) I was sat in row one right on the start/finish line and had a great view. Such a shame about NoGommendy, but hardly surprising, I guess. Shame the frog had to win, guess I'll have to come back again and hope for a better outcome
Old 22 Apr 2007, 23:26 (Ref:1898070)   #67
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So what was Rahal like? Seemed like he had a good race based on the results at least.

Did he have any real chance to finish in that position had Wilson/Power not decided to try their own mini demolition derby?
Old 22 Apr 2007, 23:45 (Ref:1898076)   #68
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
He was one of those drivers you didnt really notice until he got himself in the running. At that point you noticed, hang on, this guy aint bad! He's certainly not Bordais class yet, but given time, who knows?
Old 23 Apr 2007, 08:37 (Ref:1898304)   #69
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66
... it was just after Legge kicked out Jani running in fourth and KK said something like that in the pits... James Hincliffe made the point about Legge: this year she is absolutely dissapointing, off the pace, doing stupid moves, only backrunning and wrecking cars... Coyne isn't very happy too. I'm not shure that we will see her in Portland again...
Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised if we hear that Legge is working the garages at Indianapolis next month, trying to find something in IndyCar. Imagine having four female drivers in the same race (well, assuming Milka Duno gets the go ahead to race of course which is far from certain), that'd be pretty cool.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1898390)   #70
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised if we hear that Legge is working the garages at Indianapolis next month, trying to find something in IndyCar. Imagine having four female drivers in the same race (well, assuming Milka Duno gets the go ahead to race of course which is far from certain), that'd be pretty cool.
And the number of derogatory comments about the skill of female racing drivers or the level of the Indycar field based on that stat is frightening :P

How about drafting Pippa Mann in as well then? :P
Old 23 Apr 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1898472)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bourdais back on top already then! That was quick!
Old 23 Apr 2007, 22:39 (Ref:1898943)   #72
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Bourdais back on top already then! That was quick!
Isn't it good how the new car levelled out the field for at least one race though.

It wasn't a great race, but at least Rahal was stronger and if only Pagenaud could get to the end of the race he'd be right there. Legge seems completely out of her depth this year, and 'Speedy' Dan Clarke isn't having a good season, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt despite the rookie mistake under yellow.

I noticed on SpeedTV.com that Kalkhoven says reunification is 'a completely dead issue'. Seems it's just down to who collapses first.

As an aside, what's the point of building up momentum with three races in three weeks and then going AWOL for seven?
Old 23 Apr 2007, 23:47 (Ref:1898982)   #73
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only seen the second half of the race (stupid digital TV recording didn't let me record both the ALMS race (which MotorsTV showed delayed) and the champcar race)

Am I the only one here that thinks Dan Clarke's crash was the stupidest thing ever? he narrowly avoids the crash of Legge and Jani when it happens, does a lap, and then crashes into Legge's wreck? How can you not know there's a wreck in that area, when you were almost part of it less then a minute ago?

plus, when Dominguez pitted at the wrong moment, he didn't seem to be in any rush to get out of Servia's way either...
Old 24 Apr 2007, 01:07 (Ref:1899006)   #74
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedy Dan is speedy but not the smartest driver in CC.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 05:23 (Ref:1899045)   #75
D70s
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver
D70s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, I know I've done it before but I have to defend Katherine again.

Her qualifying pace has been bad and she has crashed or spun a few times, but she is trying very hard and her race pace is just as fast as the other drivers she's racing with. When drivers like Clarke, Halliday, and even Dalziel are sliding back through the field she makes steady progress towards the front. When drivers have troubles she is there to capitalize.

She ran 6th in Vegas and 10th in Long Beach. The avoiding move she made when Tagliani spun was impressive. Someone here complained that she took out 4th place Jani in Houston. Of course it's not mentioned that she was running 5th and trying to make a pass at the time. It's also important to remember that as well meaning as Dale Coyne is, he's still a backmarker team.

Everyone's favourite PT became famous for making passes and of course when you do that sometimes there is contact. If Roger Penske had taken the same route some here think Coyne should take, no one would be talking about PT now. Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture, but hey, the television coverage sucks up here.

I think that's all the rant I have in me for tonight. Given a real opportunity I know Kath can win races in this series. Hopefully she will have better luck in Portland. Hopefully she is racing there.