Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 Jan 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1511529)   #51
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Providing I don't break it on the Friday....
Old 30 Jan 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1511681)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well treat it nicely and you won't:-) Don't keep doing a Nigel.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1511760)   #53
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Providing I don't break it on the Friday....
Promise it (and yourself) a Hoegaarden for afterwards.
Old 30 Jan 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1512080)   #54
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard ibrahim
By the way, I managed to trash the Sud at Mallory, but sold the remains on to a guy who has now restored it to better than ever! Hope to see you at an LMA event (I'll probably do 2 or 3 races if the D98Js hold up!)
Needless to say, the new owner of the Sud got in touch with me as well, has set up his story at http://www.rupturedduck.co.uk/index.php
Old 30 Jan 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1512095)   #55
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
It seems strange to me that Silverstone is hosting the BRSCC & EERC (National Circuit presumably) and the BARC-SEC (Stowe circuit) on the saturday and the SUNBAC on the sunday. How all of the clubs expect to get full entries (not to mention marshals, medical cover and officials - and dare I suggest, spectators !!!) for all the events is beyond me..
the main purpose of BARC SE being at stowe is the Racing school, the deal is barc se run races for the school, thus allowing the pupils to leave not only with race licences but also with actual real life race experience and signitures on their licences, in return barc se gets to use the circuit in between races allowing us to put on some racing and it gives the sprinters another venue to play at for sensable money as sprint venues are getting very expensive not to mention disappearing fast, the added bonus is theres very little to hit there so its a great place for first timers to have a go and anyone with a very unknown chassis set up!

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 31 Jan 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1512560)   #56
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Well treat it nicely and you won't:-) Don't keep doing a Nigel.
I used to have a sticker on the dash of my Nova "Don't thrash it you dimwit"
Old 31 Jan 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1512698)   #57
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by the ammount of Saloon cars at the Walter Hayes Trophey on the Club circut in November, I would say that the orgainisers of that got the entry fee right. Pitch it at the same level and you should see the entries flood in.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1512755)   #58
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think it was more than that Penelope although the two races at WHT was obviously a draw but also it was the timing that helped. We are approaching the start of the season, I can enter several races around that time including the Silverstone CTRCC on the same day and the Brands GP TRC round a little later but at the time of the WHT the main season was effectively finished.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 09:10 (Ref:1514068)   #59
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr
the main purpose of BARC SE being at stowe is the Racing school, the deal is barc se run races for the school, thus allowing the pupils to leave not only with race licences but also with actual real life race experience and signitures on their licences, in return barc se gets to use the circuit in between races allowing us to put on some racing and it gives the sprinters another venue to play at for sensable money as sprint venues are getting very expensive not to mention disappearing fast, the added bonus is theres very little to hit there so its a great place for first timers to have a go and anyone with a very unknown chassis set up!
Graham

I understand that; I have raced in the Stowe races myself (and will again this year) and always enjoyed them but we can't complain about crowded calendars, shortage of entries and pressures on marshals etc if we have 3 meetings in 2 days at the same track complex. My point is that clubs should work together to propose attractive packages for all participants. For eg, the SUNBAC situation might have been helped out if they could have worked with the EERC to put on a suitable saloon/ sports car race on the sunday. Similarly, a F Libre event for single seaters might have attracted both the Monoposto crowd that are already racing on the SUNBAC timetable, along with a few of the BARC-SEC single seater drivers from the saturday. Thing is, these sorts of additional races need to be publicised and made financially attractive via some sort of (small) discount - anything to make it worth staying on.
Old 2 Feb 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1514235)   #60
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
part of the problem is Ego's and every club wanting to put on its own event, i believe in the long term laws of supply and demand will sort it out, if clubs only ran events when they knew they could have full grids there would be less events, with fewer events the ones on would be better supported, at barc se we have already cancelled meetings we pencilled in as we knew there wouldn't be sufficent content, rather than wait until the event is nearly upon us and then have a frantic push to try and get sufficient content, or dilute other meetings on elsewhere, which in the long term is in no ones benifit. certainly at barc se we have adopted a policy that if a meeting does not have good support and it doesn't look like that will change we dont run it, the way to go isn't last minute pushes.

as a club committee member i feel for sunbac being faced the the prospect of cancelling, i believe but am not 100% sure that they canned last years event, in which case i feel they really have left it rather too late this year to start trying to pull in additional interest, my gut feeling is they should have a good number of weeks ago, realised the shortfall, done the sums to work out how much money they needed to make it viable, then offered additional racing at the rock bottom price but early enough to pull the plug without too much embrassment if need be, but as already been said, its the start of the season, there are plenty of race meetings and championships to choose from, my i really do feel they will only get a good grid for an extra race is it really is bargin basement money.

Old 2 Feb 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1514298)   #61
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Maybe to save the event and as insurances etc I would assume have already been paid if the driver was racing on the day then the extra event could be offered at a very viable price to guys who book in for one or other of the main events eg. CTRCC pre-83, because although with my car I could enter both the CTRCC events the Post historics and the pre-83 anyone with a model younger than 73 and running in the pre-83 would only have one event open to them and may relish the chance of a second race at a good discount. Just a thought.
Old 4 Feb 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1515544)   #62
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See the latest Hot News on www.classictouringcars.com
Old 4 Feb 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1515594)   #63
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
They are saying it is going to be filmed for TV as well (now where have I heard that before!)
Old 5 Feb 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1515983)   #64
Richard ibrahim
Rookie

United Kingdom
Somerset UK
Richard ibrahim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw
See the latest Hot News on www.classictouringcars.com
Result ! Spread the word.
I still struggle with the concept of my Production spec old Alfa 33 being considered as "Classic Thunder" (more like classic chunder) - but it cost me next to nothing, and I'll be there. Also, if son Tom fancies a go, we can both have race - as long as he's slower than me.
Old 5 Feb 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1516022)   #65
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
ok sounds good, £??? assuming still that your my TRC spec beemers allowed in