Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Feb 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2125765)   #51
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
A BJR car may well come with set-up sheets, but as we know the BJR set-ups are crap.
You sure about that...lets forget personal opinions from whoever, and just look at the stop watch when Bright took their car for a few test laps before committing to lease one of their "other" shells.

Regular driver does laps, Bright does 4 laps, stopwatch sizzles, lots quicker that Britek cars.
Nothing wrong with the cars or set-ups, they were competitive in the right hands (not race winners but top 15 competitive).

Lap times don't lie (Drivers sometimes do).
Old 10 Feb 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2125776)   #52
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
To suggest the V8 team can be compared with the Walker team, the results compared & the conclusion drawn davester doesnt sit well with me.

Can I suggest the actions of Gore alienating the Ford factory have reached their natural conclusion. However, I too will be sorry if WPS disappear from scene.
I'm comfortable in purporting that results will flow sooner in ChampCar than in V8 Supercar from two adequately funded operations, given ChampCar's current lack of depth.

Do you think Paul Stoddart would be as competitive in V8 Supercars as quickly as he was in his first season of ChampCar?

Comparatively speaking, V8 Supercars has considerably more depth. That's the underlying point in my previous comment (previous to my previous comment above).

Last edited by davester; 10 Feb 2008 at 15:15.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2125983)   #53
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Well they let them run an old VY in last year's Clipsal 500 development race, and they are a helpful car preparer, supporting a small proportion of the development series field with parts etc. so I can't see why not?
Did they run that car under their own licence or prepare it for another licence holder?