Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Do you think SVG be served court papers this weekend, preventing him from competeing?
Yes 4 12.50%
No 28 87.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3232435)   #51
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Fabian coulthard heard what the giz had to say too. he said he was a liar to his face..

Now who are you going to believe
It's possible to believe neither of them. Coulthard is exclaiming a personal opinion - which is his right, likewise it's our right to be able to disagree with others opinions. But Coulthard hasn't had deep discussion with the van Gisbergen's on the matter - whereas there is a possibility that Petch has. I'm not taking Petch's word as gospel at the second solely because it hasn't been picked up by other media, but you have to admit that it's a pretty interesting element to an already interesting story.

Coulthard also said that he "gets on well" with him to his face too. Very mixed messages. Maybe he - like some forum-goers, barring yourself and a few others obviously - is more likely to put a dollar each way, considering that he only knows what we know (I assume).
Old 11 Apr 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3232438)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
It's possible to believe neither of them. Coulthard is exclaiming a personal opinion - which is his right, likewise it's our right to be able to disagree with others opinions. But Coulthard hasn't had deep discussion with the van Gisbergen's on the matter - whereas there is a possibility that Petch has. I'm not taking Petch's word as gospel at the second solely because it hasn't been picked up by other media, but you have to admit that it's a pretty interesting element to an already interesting story.

Coulthard also said that he "gets on well" with him to his face too. Very mixed messages. Maybe he - like some forum-goers, barring yourself and a few others obviously - is more likely to put a dollar each way, considering that he only knows what we know (I assume).
see what you are doing is justifying the lie. Im sure he felt he had a had a good reason and i am sure he is happier now.
But as an ex fan, and he was my preferred driver, he hasnt told us anything. he hasn't apologised . he is just pretending nothing has happened.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3232445)   #53
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
see what you are doing is justifying the lie. Im sure he felt he had a had a good reason and i am sure he is happier now.
But as an ex fan, and he was my preferred driver, he hasnt told us anything. he hasn't apologised . he is just pretending nothing has happened.
I'm not really justifying the lie as much as I'm attempting to illustrate the distinction between it and PR. It doesn't bother me all that much either way - I'm a fan of the guy because he's so anti-PR and anti-media that it's hilarious, not to mention his awesome car control.

Hoping to nab an SVG hoodie this weekend. They're quite plain and non-lairy looking, which is my cuppa tea.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3232449)   #54
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I'm not really justifying the lie as much as I'm attempting to illustrate the distinction between it and PR. It doesn't bother me all that much either way - I'm a fan of the guy because he's so anti-PR and anti-media that it's hilarious, not to mention his awesome car control.

Hoping to nab an SVG hoodie this weekend. They're quite plain and non-lairy looking, which is my cuppa tea.
He does have awesome car control.

and when him and lowndes were duking it out on track last weekend i was barracking for SVG.

none of that changes that Fabs and others consider him to have lied.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3232456)   #55
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
He does have awesome car control.

and when him and lowndes were duking it out on track last weekend i was barracking for SVG.

none of that changes that Fabs and others consider him to have lied.
Most of those others though, at least out of the online fans, are Ford fans with chippies on their shoulders because they've taken the issue to heart.

(Funny how there's this massive anti-whinger movement from members on V8 forums - be it everyone moping about Winterbottom's comments from Tassie, or something one of the other notables has uttered. Yet a fair few from that crop were bleating and whinging at full volume when this SVG business came to light).

From the posting I've seen, most of the Holden boys don't care too much about the whole thing. Although obviously they've gained a shiney asset to their fleet and the Ford side is looking slightly more anemic than it did prior.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3232460)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Most of those others though, at least out of the online fans, are Ford fans with chippies on their shoulders because they've taken the issue to heart.

(Funny how there's this massive anti-whinger movement from members on V8 forums - be it everyone moping about Winterbottom's comments from Tassie, or something one of the other notables has uttered. Yet a fair few from that crop were bleating and whinging at full volume when this SVG business came to light).

From the posting I've seen, most of the Holden boys don't care too much about the whole thing. Although obviously they've gained a shiney asset to their fleet and the Ford side is looking slightly more anemic than it did prior.
You just didnt know when to stop did you?

its a very simplistic and flawed theory.
he had already left Ford, he was driving for Erebus.
Naturally his fans were mostly ford fans and not Holden fans though,
But the bitterness is not because he swapped. its because he lied.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3232479)   #57
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what has been officially released apart from SVG's comment on "I want a break", whereby it is not actually mentioned how long the break is?
Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3232633)   #58
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
Chapelli, whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, as much as everyone is entitled to agree or disagree, the difference is, apart from a one race DQ, any other opinions you have regarding FC cheating are more than opinion, they are baseless accusation.

FC's comments are based on the same facts that has been made public, backed up with his opinion, and had the balls to voice it in from of SVG. Love it or hate him, that deserves respect..
And that's where you're round the wrong way... Fabian got DQ'd for running an engine outside of the rules.. FACT (and generally a person who doesn't play by the rules is refered to as a cheat)....

SVG's situation on the other hand is a little more complicated... they're saying he did, he's saying he didn't... So in Fabian's opinion he was lied to... but given the murkiness of the situation it's certainly a little more complex than was the simple yes/no question regarding an engine being within the rules.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3232647)   #59
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a question....
Would SVG be considered a bigger liar if he had of stayed true to his word about not racing a V8SC in 2013, but had instead changed his tune... That is, if last year he was quite positive about the car, gave it praise when he got good results, suggested that he was otherwise pretty happy with the hardware he had...... then this year, came out swinging saying that the REAL reason behind things was that the car was a bag of bolts.

Just interesting to get your opinion... "Burn Out" isn't really tangible, I can feel burnt out at work one day, then feel great the next... while generally speaking equipment is a little more measurable. I know that my laptop is a piece of junk, it may have good days, but I'm hardly going to tell the world it's a great piece of equipment..... See, I think I would feel differently if it were that black and white, if there wasn't and under-current of "did he say he was retiring", "did he sign an extension after being told things would be the same", "was ge genuinely going to take a year off, before an offer of a great car came in"....
Old 11 Apr 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3232698)   #60
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More to this.

http://tvnz.co.nz/motorsport-news/v8...-video-5403112
Old 11 Apr 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3232725)   #61
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
That story would suggest that the grown-ups have somewhat built a bridge....

I wonder if Fabian is still upset his parents lied to him about Santa.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3232732)   #62
d1gto
Rookie

d1gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG

I think Fabian is just a little bitter as he thought he was finally going to have all the limelight for 2013. He has been the kiwi bridesmaid for a number of years now and with Shane coming back this has thrown a spanner in the works.

Personally I'm just really stoked to have 3 kiwi lads in good gear mixing it up at the top.

And yes I do realise there are 4 kiwis racing
Old 11 Apr 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3232733)   #63
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
That story would suggest that the grown-ups have somewhat built a bridge....

I didnt hear anyone mention a fabian engine issue from last decade. I guess the grownups have somehwhat built a bridge.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3232736)   #64
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
I didnt hear anyone mention a fabian engine issue from last decade. I guess the grownups have somehwhat built a bridge.

I was being an idiot to demonstrate a point about....... Who knows what Fabian’s motivations are.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 05:23 (Ref:3235040)   #65
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds to me you are an idiot full stop Chapelli.
If Fabian's a cheat so is Van Gizburgen, have you forgotten what happened at the Melbourne Grand Prix meeting DOH !!!!
Old 16 Apr 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3235086)   #66
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Why? What do you mean? Don't try and tell me that he's not real because I'm not having it!

I mean who do you think delivers my Christmas presents every year?
Old 16 Apr 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3235087)   #67
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontub View Post
If Fabian's a cheat so is Van Gizburgen, have you forgotten what happened at the Melbourne Grand Prix meeting DOH !!!!
That's not nice calling people names

I've forgotten what happened at Melbourne, please enlighten me??
Old 16 Apr 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3235099)   #68
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
That's not nice calling people names

I've forgotten what happened at Melbourne, please enlighten me??
an engine issue that was outside the rules. found after he won the race.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3235100)   #69
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So?

None of that relates to the hot air surrounding his alleged contract breach with the Stones.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3235102)   #70
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
So?

None of that relates to the hot air surrounding his alleged contract breach with the Stones.
Did it have too?
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3235113)   #71
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Only one "o" in "to" Pecky

Two in "I'll have one too."

One in "You don't need to."

We'll cover "there" and "their" in the next class, and that will be followed by "your" and "you're" next week.

We will then be covering correct use of apostrophes, so watch this space...

Last edited by Goat Boy; 16 Apr 2013 at 08:16.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3235116)   #72
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Only one "o" in "to" Pecky

Two in "I'll have one too."

One in "You don't need to."

We'l cover "there" and "their" in the next class, and that will be followed by "your" and "you're" next week.

We will then be covering correct use of apostrophes, so watch this space...
*We'll.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3235118)   #73
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
*We'll.
Sorry, my son has wrecked the "l" key on my laptop - it either doesn't do one, or it does two or three in a row (not good when your password has an l in it)! He has since been banned...
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3235119)   #74
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Good spotting though
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3235120)   #75
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
We have a man at my work called Len Nel - he is a living pallindrome...