Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Nov 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3167597)   #51
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I stuck 50 quid on Vettel before qually. It's the one race i'm hoping he just disappears...

Selby
I wish you luck but I think Lewis is going to win this one..
Old 17 Nov 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3167620)   #52
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Fair play, mate.

But I can see Seb leading in to T1 (familiar sight), and no one being able to keep up with him through T2-9. He'll build up that nice comfortable gap over the first 7-8 laps and that'll be it.

Can't see there being a safety car, there's ample run-off all round.

Although he will have to deal with a lot of backmarkers, quite often!

Apart from that, I can't see much else being an issue.

Selby
Old 17 Nov 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3167641)   #53
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Am I the only one who wants a Verizon event with Jenson and Lewis switching cars with Power and Briscoe?
Old 17 Nov 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3167642)   #54
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
Did I just hear Speed refer to the peak at turn 1 as "Phil Hill?" LOL!!!
Why not? Anything is better than "Turn 1".

And Brands Hatch has a "Graham Hill".
Old 17 Nov 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3167643)   #55
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Am I the only one who wants a Verizon event with Jenson and Lewis switching cars with Power and Briscoe?
Probably
Old 17 Nov 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3167658)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I guess the glass is still half full...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Nov 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3167660)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck Alonso. You've done wonders this year, but it is looking too much?
Old 18 Nov 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3167673)   #58
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Looks a great track to drive, but I fear it won't be conducive to great racing because of dirt offline.

Awesome driving from Lewis in qualifying to almost beat Vettel. In car views show the Red Bull to have significantly more grip and also able to get on the power earlier out of corners, so kudos to Lewis for that performance.
Poor old Fernando doesn't stand a chance unless something unusual happens. He'll fight like he always does, such that the Championship isn't decided until Brazil, but to no avail as far as he's concerned unfortunately.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3167678)   #59
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is anyone here still going to claim Vettel isn't all that?

Hamilton was phenomenal too though. I mean really, him, Alonso and Vettel are the class of the field. They are the guys.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 00:46 (Ref:3167679)   #60
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

I guess the glass is still half full...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Good luck Alonso. You've done wonders this year, but it is looking too much?
How exciting race this one will be...
Old 18 Nov 2012, 01:33 (Ref:3167686)   #61
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
They mentioned it several times this weekend and at least once explained that the hill was made of fill, so "fill hill" was sort of a play on "Phil Hill".
Old 18 Nov 2012, 02:32 (Ref:3167693)   #62
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I predict a safety car within the first 20 seconds of the lights going out.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 03:03 (Ref:3167699)   #63
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
They mentioned it several times this weekend and at least once explained that the hill was made of fill, so "fill hill" was sort of a play on "Phil Hill".
Thanks, Iceman. Glad I wasn't hearing things!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 03:28 (Ref:3167702)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there any info re Button's lack of power?
Old 18 Nov 2012, 08:28 (Ref:3167767)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I stuck 50 quid on Vettel before qually. It's the one race i'm hoping he just disappears...
I would have thought the odds would mean that you'll be paying the bookies if he wins - not the other way around........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Is anyone here still going to claim Vettel isn't all that?
Best car + great driver = doddle.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3167788)   #66
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Is there any info re Button's lack of power?
I heard it was an electronic problem but didn't get any further than that. Most likely a potentiometer failure I would surmise.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3167806)   #67
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
At least it is a name that is appropriate for the first corner in more than one way. The first corner of the USA's first purpose built permanent GP track to be named after the USA's first world champion.

I wish a lot more tracks had their corners named rather than T1, T2 etc. Almost all the great corners have names with the possible exception of Turkey's T8.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3167816)   #68
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
At least it is a name that is appropriate for the first corner in more than one way. The first corner of the USA's first purpose built permanent GP track to be named after the USA's first world champion.

I wish a lot more tracks had their corners named rather than T1, T2 etc. Almost all the great corners have names with the possible exception of Turkey's T8.
I think most circuits do have names for every corner - it's just F1 that numbers them.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3167830)   #69
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I think most circuits do have names for every corner - it's just F1 that numbers them.
I have just checked out web sites for three of F1's more recent circuits namely COTA, Yas Marina and Budda Inrternational Circuit and none mention corner names although that does not mean they don't have names.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3167837)   #70
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Literally anyone with balls could drive that Red Bull, Seb was taking so much time out of people in that last section because the car simply works better!

Not sure why Webber coulodnt really capitalise, but fair play to Lewis, the car looked perfect, am sure he is beginning to wonder, did anyone se Rosbergs onboard? That thing is a total dog!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3167843)   #71
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I predict a safety car within the first 20 seconds of the lights going out.
I say 10 secs. Grosjean, Maldonado and Senna are in a bunch on the grid.

This is Judgement Day for any conspiracy theorists amongst F1 fans - will SV walk it, and the championship, or has Bernie got other plans, nudge nudge?
Old 18 Nov 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3167848)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope for the nudge, nudge then.....

Say no more!!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3167852)   #73
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Say no more!!
Great minds... Nod's as good as a wink to a blind man....
Old 18 Nov 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3167868)   #74
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Say no more!!
Same here, nudge, nudge !
Old 18 Nov 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3167875)   #75
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Same here, nudge, nudge !
Do you think BCE uses 1 or 2 script-writers like the British or a committee like the Yanks?

I reckon Seb retires, and Alonso drives better than he qualifies (now there's a shock), and comes second. LH to win. Opens it up again.