Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1106814)   #51
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was probably doing his 'brake and throttle at the same time' thing because you usually would lose the front. Liked his quote on BBC Ceefax; " I'm Michael Schumacher. I don't need to question my driving ability." True, but...
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1106818)   #52
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just goes to show that traction control can't even stop Michael Schumacher from spining!

Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1106820)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmmm....yes Michael.

You made a mistake. Don't get so uptight. It's not as if it's a recurring problem this year!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:15 (Ref:1106821)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
Just goes to show that traction control can't even stop Michael Schumacher from spining!

Well that's because it wasn't a traction zone.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1106823)   #55
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He userly makes mastakes under presure that's why we havn't seen him crack up until now even though he hasn't been under presure this year.

The race I'm seriously looking forward to this year I can't even see the end because I have to head of, for my Karting at 8.00am. I'm looking forward to it so much I'm nervous already!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1106831)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well good luck!

Schuey has seemed slightly off colour since Hungary.....although his drive at monza was amazing, he made an awful mistake at the start, at Belgium he seemed a man under pressure (with the title and all that hanging over his head) and suddenly he harpoons off the road at Shanghai.....although he'll probably pull the rabbit out of the hat and win tomorrow. One thing you can't do is rule TGF out.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 02:47 (Ref:1106984)   #57
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hhaha..cute.

It's obvious why F1 needs Michael..a spin like this and a start from the back is enough to grab headlines like that.

Well, one thing is, it isn't a DELIBERATE spin. Unless decided by the team for a proper reason, MS won't deliberately spin "for fun".

And secondly, MS did not strongly reject suggestions that he screwed up. In fact, he's rather open about it that data doesn't show anything yet and there's probability its the fault of the guy in between the fuel tank and the steering wheel (ie driver error).

Funny then...as some people say MS crack under pressure while some say MS makes mistakes when without pressure..make up your minds.

In anyway, what's the big issue here over a simple spin? LOL.. if anything, what's worth remembering is the great performance he put up at Monza, a nicely tactical drive in Spa, and up til that spin, was amazingly quicker than Rubens in pre-qualifyings - as usual the ability to get the quickest line for a track.

And with the championship off..hmm..i won't complain having more show to watch.. jus hopefully nobody tags him.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 03:45 (Ref:1106992)   #58
F40_LM
Rookie

F40_LM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Hhaha..cute.

It's obvious why F1 needs Michael..a spin like this and a start from the back is enough to grab headlines like that.

Well, one thing is, it isn't a DELIBERATE spin. Unless decided by the team for a proper reason, MS won't deliberately spin "for fun".

And secondly, MS did not strongly reject suggestions that he screwed up. In fact, he's rather open about it that data doesn't show anything yet and there's probability its the fault of the guy in between the fuel tank and the steering wheel (ie driver error).

Funny then...as some people say MS crack under pressure while some say MS makes mistakes when without pressure..make up your minds.

In anyway, what's the big issue here over a simple spin? LOL.. if anything, what's worth remembering is the great performance he put up at Monza, a nicely tactical drive in Spa, and up til that spin, was amazingly quicker than Rubens in pre-qualifyings - as usual the ability to get the quickest line for a track.

And with the championship off..hmm..i won't complain having more show to watch.. jus hopefully nobody tags him.

Go go go all you Schumi fanboys!
Old 26 Sep 2004, 04:11 (Ref:1107002)   #59
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What's all this discussion about?

So Schumacher had a spin? Big deal! He's human and had a little off - no biggie.

If anything I find it heartening to see the man that has wrapped up the championship two rounds ago pushing so hard.

Can't wait for the race ..... could be an absolute cracker!
Old 26 Sep 2004, 05:29 (Ref:1107011)   #60
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Teretonga
Conspiracy aside, if DC is washed up how did he manage to out qualify the 'ace' who is replacing him? Monty's qualifying is surely a disappointment in the light of Ralf's fine effort...
the only real comparison for DC is his team mate ....
Old 26 Sep 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1107167)   #61
F40_LM
Rookie

F40_LM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, DC has had WAY too many chances(years/races/teammates) to prove himself worth of WDC material. Experienced vs less experience on the same machinery but gets outqualified and outraced more often than not by Kimi. Enough said.