Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Oct 2004, 22:56 (Ref:1138339)   #51
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alesi has a contract.

Schneider is Scheider.

Bye bye Albers!
Old 28 Oct 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1138576)   #52
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be a shame if Albers didn't get drive next year why not replace Schneider he didn't as well this season
Old 28 Oct 2004, 10:18 (Ref:1138698)   #53
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The return of my beloved Mika to racing is very exciting but a contract has not been signed yet. There are a lot of rumours about the contract but I want to see the official confirmation first. The thing is he's also still in line for the Williams seat. Somehow I don't think he'll be able to contest both series.

If he signs the DTM contract Carrie had better watch out because I will be taking my pro-Mika propaganda and declarations of admiration to this forum
Old 28 Oct 2004, 11:43 (Ref:1138754)   #54
Trebor
Rookie

Trebor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was the latest news at autosport.com

Hakkinen remains on Williams list

Former world champion Mika Hakkinen remains on the list of contenders to join Mark Webber at Williams next year following the failure of the team to land Jenson Button.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1138776)   #55
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Schneider is Scheider.
????
Scheider drives for Opel.
Schneider drives for Mercedes.

Last edited by FIRE; 28 Oct 2004 at 12:04.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 15:55 (Ref:1139054)   #56
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it was just a missed letter
Old 28 Oct 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1139245)   #57
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
My user name means I am almost contractually bound to defend Schneider. He had a bad season, sure - though if a bad season is one in which you win a race, how many of the Opel drivers would love a 'bad season'! And every defeat must hurt for a man who has won the title so often (1995, 2000, 2002). But I don't think Bernd will quit just yet. Apart from anything else, I imagine he'd want to go out on a high, after a fourth title. Besides, 40 isn't so old in touring cars. He still has phenomenal speed in him. A couple more years in the DTM, and then maybe he might decide that he has unfinished business at La Sarthe (please, please)?
Old 28 Oct 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1139312)   #58
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have trouble finding the links again as it's more than 12h old, but according to finnish press(Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat) Häkkkinen's contracts is almost "confirmed" but they are still discussing about finance issues.

Personally I can't see how a contract can be confirmed if they haven't agreed on money stuff, but Mercedes want's him, Häkkinen wants to drive, and DTM need more drivers like him so I think there's a fair chance. I can't locate the source anymore but I do remember reading something about Haug noting that Mika wouldn't get paid as much as he did in F1, which was to be expected, and which to me, tells that Mercedes is serious about this. Why else mention such issue.

Last edited by Paarma; 28 Oct 2004 at 21:58.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 22:19 (Ref:1139330)   #59
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimeth
i think it was just a missed letter

Yes, it was a missed letter.

I meant Schneider is Schneider.

As in he's a legend.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1139768)   #60
Petrick
Rookie

Petrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, Hakkinen & Mercedes contract was almost sure?.. well Haug denies Häkkinen's DTM contract

Quote:
According to Mercedes' Motorsport Vice-President Norbert Haug Mika Häkkinen will not return to racing in DTM. Haug denied the Fin has a contract with Mercedes to race in DTM next season.