Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jun 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2476571)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
Or is it just me?
It could be just you! Or maybe the director is more interested in ensuring that we don't get too many shots of empty grandstands.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2476574)   #52
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Vettel was lighter than Mark after all

He must've messed up his lap to be that much slower in comparison to his Q2 time. In contrast, Webber did a good job in comparison to the Brawns

Button will definitely win this race barring any miracles
Old 6 Jun 2009, 16:34 (Ref:2476583)   #53
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm desperately hoping that Vettel can pull something really special out of the bag tomorrow to take the win, but right now my money would be on Button.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 6 Jun 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2476591)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Button will be hoping that he can break the pole position mans run of victories at this track.It's Vettel's to lose really.

Some drivers may be worried about where Trulli ends up after the first couple of corners.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2476618)   #55
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure Webber will be speaking to Lee "bitterly disapointed" McKenzie fairly soon into the race, no doubt commenting on how bitterly disapointed he is, after a bitterly disapointing race.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2476631)   #56
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why, I thought he was a solid and mature driver now that the role of fastest driver of the team is taken.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2476642)   #57
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
Did anyone else find TV coverage particularly uninspiring this time? I am not talking about commentary - it is dismal as usual on RTL which I was forced to watch, and will have been much better on the BBC, again as usual - but about images. There seemed to be far fewer onboard shots than usual, nearly all of them from the same perspective (starting on the boring straight leading up to the slow final corners) and singularly failing to provide a sense of how spectacular this circuit can be. Or is it just me?
I saw a few bits qhich annoyed me (on the images side) One was showing Lewis's car in the pits after he had failed to get through to Q2. There was still action on track and now we were looking at a boring old Mclaren?

Then there was the shot of Eddie Jordan walking on his own somewhere? Maybe this was only on the beeb?

And also a shot of of someones gf in the pit garages again while there was quite a bit of track action!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2476694)   #58
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
So Vettel was lighter than Mark after all

He must've messed up his lap to be that much slower in comparison to his Q2 time. In contrast, Webber did a good job in comparison to the Brawns

Button will definitely win this race barring any miracles
If this race pans out as you have predicted, and a very reasonable prediction taking all factors into consideration, lets hope it will run it's course without the need for the stewards/saftey car etc intervention.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 23:38 (Ref:2476716)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potsie to win? Was on pole for like 34 seconds.. till bumped by the Brawns and soon after Vettel...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 6 Jun 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2476718)   #60
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Then there was the shot of Eddie Jordan walking on his own somewhere? Maybe this was only on the beeb?
I think this was actually the world feed. The BBC had Jordan on for the build up obviously, but when they switched to the world feed, I guess they showed Jordan for a 'blast from the past, look who's here' moment for everyone else.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2476921)   #61
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Good grid walk with Brundle and Coulthard, with some good questions asked etc.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2476925)   #62
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I thought it was very good - who was that dozy looking woman who said she was supporting 'England' today? What car does England drive?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2476934)   #63
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Button ?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:19 (Ref:2476974)   #64
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer View Post
Yeah, I thought it was very good - who was that dozy looking woman who said she was supporting 'England' today? What car does England drive?
Did she even know where she was, or what her name is?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2476994)   #65
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rules didn't work. Get new ones.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2477003)   #66
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
who was that dozy looking woman who said she was supporting 'England' today? What car does England drive?

She was so supporting England.... she watched the race from the Ferrari Garage Airhead ex-supermodel, there to be seen, not to see. Prefeferably there to be seen and NOT heard in future
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2477029)   #67
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It was Naomi Campbell. Looked like she had been sat on her brains for too long or she had been using some illegal substances recently. Still she was a model, what do you expect
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2477041)   #68
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Barichello's was very annoyed, and coming out with statements like he did will do his position in the team no good at all.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2477047)   #69
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Barichello's was very annoyed, and coming out with statements like he did will do his position in the team no good at all.
It was telling that EJ and DC both said he had always been a bad starter. I think he would be advised to keep his own council in public. Also Jenson has the beating of him in all circumstances so i think if he wants to be in the team next year he needs to play the good teammate.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2477056)   #70
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
He's whining a bit isn't he! Maybe too many years at Ferrari ?

He seemed to admit that he'd got his 'calculations' wrong in the interview.Why does it always seem to happen to him. Well,you wouldn't want him in the same team as Webber would you.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2477077)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rubens is just being Rubens, aging changed nothing, he's still the cry-baby he always has been.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2477098)   #72
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Quote:
Anybody else notice on the BBC piece with Hamilton and Humphrey that the helmet they used for the neck training was one of Jamie Green's?

I wonder where that piece was recorded...possibly a Mercedes training facility, and that was the only Mercedes powered helmet they had lying around!
Looks like a McLaren or a Mercedes centre. Got a couple of pics of Jamie Green testing the McLaren at Silverstone in December 2004, on my website in the sports section. Feel free to have a browse.
www.foreversideways.co.uk
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2477157)   #73
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well Im glad I didn't watch that. The sleep came in handy
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2477158)   #74
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
It was Naomi Campbell. Looked like she had been sat on her brains for too long or she had been using some illegal substances recently. Still she was a model, what do you expect
Not all models are like that - I'm sure Jodie Kidd would get a few votes here!! Seems quite bright, and races cars!

Campbell is a real waste of space though.

Thought that the coverage from the BBC was pretty good today - made an otherwise tedious race watch-able.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2477162)   #75
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Well, judging from the fact that this thread is only 5 pages long and the race finished hours ago, I'm guessing none of us were exactly enthralled...

It didn't really have much to recommend it - some decent racing in the first couple of laps, and the Barrichello/Kovalainen scrap was quite entertaining, but other than that I'm really starting to despair of F1 this season. All that playing around with the rules and it's turning out to be a far bigger procession than it has been over the last two seasons. Bernie must be fuming...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'