Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Aug 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2750730)   #51
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
What was his punishment ? Has he been referred to the MSA for a ban ?
He was given six points on his licence, (which I believe brings his total to nine), and was deducted thirty championship points.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2750754)   #52
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the live coverage on record, and glad i had the option to fast forward. The entire package is a ffing joke. Appalling driving standards and very glad I made the decision to stop attending BTCC years ago.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2750776)   #53
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
He was given six points on his licence, (which I believe brings his total to nine), and was deducted thirty championship points.
A little harsh compared to some of the bumper car antics going on elsewhere in the field.....!

The last couple of rounds haven't been as bad, maybe the problem was racing at a circuit with 4 corners a lap that offers little genuine overtaking opportunity?

Last edited by Tim Wilkinson; 26 Aug 2010 at 20:32.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2750780)   #54
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Just watched on Sky+ also, agree with Dan but not Tim, Swanick's punishment too lenient, this guy shouldn't be racing (well, arguably he isn't).

M.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2750787)   #55
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I appear to have got my wires crossed - I thought the 6 points was for the BTCC guys running wide at Copse.

I didn't watch the Ginettas (is that what Swanick races in?) so can't comment on that.

As you were!
Old 26 Aug 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2750810)   #56
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah sorry Tim, rewind it was shocking. It will be on Motorspork UK at some stage.

M.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2750954)   #57
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxUK View Post
Ah sorry Tim, rewind it was shocking. It will be on Motorspork UK at some stage.

M.
Agreed, it was absolutely shocking and deserving of a ban. He didn't do it once, he did it at least twice that I saw on TV, and possibly more times off camera. It could have led to serious injury or worse.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 08:38 (Ref:2750956)   #58
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Changing the subject for a moment... anyone know how badly damaged the Depper car is ? Has it gone back to Munich for a reshell ? Was the engine/gearbox damaged as well ?
Old 27 Aug 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2751072)   #59
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxUK View Post
Just watched on Sky+ also, agree with Dan but not Tim, Swanick's punishment too lenient, this guy shouldn't be racing (well, arguably he isn't).

M.
According to the write up of the race on the Championship's web site he was also " excluded due to some robust driving", so has lost the points he would have gained for finishing sixth with the 30 deduction on top of that.

http://www.ginettacars.com/news_details.php?id=289

The write up of Snetterton states that he was docked 3 seconds for passing Jake Hill by cutting the chicane, which moved him back to the second place he'd have achieved if he'd not done so.

http://www.ginettacars.com/news_details.php?id=275

The championship table is showing total deductions of 55 points so far
http://www.ginettacars.com/championship_tables.php?id=1
Old 27 Aug 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2751080)   #60
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can answer that one, not forster cars for Knockhill due to the damage done in race 3 of this race.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2751090)   #61
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Changing the subject for a moment... anyone know how badly damaged the Depper car is ? Has it gone back to Munich for a reshell ? Was the engine/gearbox damaged as well ?
Well there was a considerable amount of oil came out of the engine and from the looks of it in the pitlane it was heavily impacted so i would guess there was damage to the engine, dont know about the gearbox though.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2751129)   #62
davyboy
Veteran

The oil could have been damage to the oil cooler.

I know its relatively easy to uncouple the front end of an S2000 car [to facilitate quick engine changes], but from the looks of it the engine and box were moved back into the car. If either were badly damaged and/or that car has to go back to BMW Motorsport, the costs don't bear thinking about.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2751139)   #63
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget the back end was a bit 2nd hand as well after his Saturday shunt. I believe he has the ex-Jackson 2007 car which has already suffered a huge crash in it's lifetime.