Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Feb 2002, 11:14 (Ref:220579)   #51
RAT CATCHER
Rookie

RAT CATCHER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello again
well first i am not mrs lewis, but i do live close to snetterton.
also my mate works at van diemen .
he tells me good things about the new VD zetec.
it went very well this week in testing.
also I agree with TVR sgroog sgrooge what ever. you seem to have very bad info on whats happening at VD.
all is well , and westley is very happy.
I can tell you all this as a fact as he told me himself yesterday.
so as I said why dont you all stop talking s...t and get back to the point of this thread ie top 5 this season?
you can see how ffzetec is in a bad way if you lot are anything to go by ?..
Old 22 Feb 2002, 21:52 (Ref:220924)   #52
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still wondering about the Mygales? And who are driving them this year?
Old 23 Feb 2002, 07:31 (Ref:221126)   #53
Tomgreen
Rookie

Tomgreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conway= little rich kid, Barber= Pants
Danielsson= real talent
Old 23 Feb 2002, 11:16 (Ref:221174)   #54
Richard Dean
Rookie

Richard Dean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GM man, the Mygales seem to be a little bit off the pre-season test pace at the moment although all the serious testing (against other top Teams) has been done in the damp and wet. It may be that the car is brilliant in the dry and in the summer. I personally don't think the top drivers are in Mygales this year but could be proved wrong. At the end of the day it has to be a numbers game, the more people in Van Diemens the more likely they will take the wins. Danielsson does seem to be on the pace if not setting it but I am told Christian England is right there with him from within JLR. I think Barber is the most likey winner at this point due to his experience and the fact he isn't a bad little driver. Heylen should be good but I am not sure how he will handle it if Barber is consistantly quicker in the early races. Gaymor the dark horse. Where are Nexus or what ever they are called, not heard anything about them yet? There you have it, my opinion!
Old 23 Feb 2002, 12:19 (Ref:221201)   #55
GM Man
Racer

Yes, you're probably right. It is likely that we'll see VDs at the front and at the back due to numbers.
I was told Barber used to do F3? Is his "step down" due to finance?
So do you think its going to be between Duckhams, JLR and Nexus..which is the strongest team?
Old 23 Feb 2002, 14:55 (Ref:221238)   #56
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wez did a season Elf Campus and then French F3, he was pushed ahead into British F3 as the next 'natural' step, but anyone with a pair of eyes knows that BF3 is a different word to FF3. He did ok, but ADR were never gonna set the world on fire, the move to Manor with the Pizza in mid-season was a good one, but he decided that it was best if he went back to FF for last season and then come on again. After all he's young enough to get away with doing it...
Old 24 Feb 2002, 01:49 (Ref:221516)   #57
BladeRunner
Rookie

BladeRunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be an interesting 2002 VD / Mygale battle, but VD seem to be late with the car this year. Maybe quailty control is also lacking due to this..... adapters that stay in one piece and don't leak are preferable.

Last edited by BladeRunner; 24 Feb 2002 at 01:53.
Old 24 Feb 2002, 10:18 (Ref:221620)   #58
Nexa Racer
Rookie

Nexa Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by slipery
Where are Nexus or what ever they are called, not heard anything about them yet? There you have it, my opinion!
Nexa Racing, not Nexus if you please, have been busy building their cars. They were held up by the slow Van Diemen Stores system and missed their first test at Oulton Park. However the cars are now finished and were shaken down at Snetterton on Friday and yesterday. The next test for the team is at Silverstone on Tuesday.
Old 24 Feb 2002, 10:21 (Ref:221622)   #59
The Accomplice
Rookie

The Accomplice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wesley Barber will win the championship, Jan Heylen will fall apart when Wesley out paces him at the start of the season, the other Duck VD's will be disapointing. Closest to Barber/Heylen will be Gaymor and then Danielson then England.
Old 24 Feb 2002, 21:18 (Ref:222004)   #60
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomgreen
Conway= little rich kid, Barber= Pants
Danielsson= real talent
Tom Green = short and to the point
Old 24 Feb 2002, 21:25 (Ref:222012)   #61
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id like to see conway win a few rounds just to see how cheesy the photo shoots get
Old 25 Feb 2002, 17:39 (Ref:222403)   #62
MCP CLUB
Rookie

MCP CLUB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey ratcatcher, I notice you say that you are not Mrs Lewis - does that mean that you are not the current Mrs Lewis, - there are a lot of X-Mrs Lewises you know ?
Old 25 Feb 2002, 21:44 (Ref:222582)   #63
GM Man
Racer

All I know about Danilsson is that he was quick last year in the Vector (quicker then Richard Goranson in 2000?). Could someone fill me in, Tomgreen maybe? And someone ranked Yuya Sakamoto high, last year he was a tailender?
Old 26 Feb 2002, 17:30 (Ref:223000)   #64
MCP CLUB
Rookie

Can anyone confirm Danielsson quickest from Barber, Heylen and then Conway at Silverstone to-day ? - all Scholar engines I note. Seems that the prediction from TVR on 04.02.2002 could be right.
Old 26 Feb 2002, 17:38 (Ref:223004)   #65
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet again, it's all guess work. Until there is actual official timing, how can anyone rely on word-of-mouth or someone clicking a handheld stopwatch?
Old 26 Feb 2002, 21:26 (Ref:223230)   #66
RAT CATCHER
Rookie

RAT CATCHER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me again
Well no I am not any MRS LEWIS I am a bloke MCP.
just spoke to my man at Van Diemen and he said all the works cars and danielsson JLR vd were very quick at silverstone today, also j apex the modern f fords have a data logger in them so the time,s we here are pretty good.?
wez and all the works drivers seem very strong so far,
I here nexa were very average against the top teams, maybe they will miss our MR lewis more than people think?
Old 26 Feb 2002, 21:42 (Ref:223239)   #67
bazza
Rookie

bazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MCP CLUB
Can anyone confirm Danielsson quickest from Barber, Heylen and then Conway at Silverstone to-day ? - all Scholar engines I note. Seems that the prediction from TVR on 04.02.2002 could be right.
Is that the same as Haywoods were quicker than everyone last year in pre season testing with Scholar engines. If memory serves me correct then their best result in the first race last year was 7th behind a load of Solus powered cars.

I wouldn't put it past JL and Trevor Van Royan to have some special engines to keep the boys happy until a few budget payments have been made.

BTW what happened to Hall? Was his chimp not working as hard as the rest of the chimps???
Old 26 Feb 2002, 21:54 (Ref:223249)   #68
Nexa Racer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by RAT CATCHER
maybe they will miss our MR lewis more than people think?
In your dreams mate....
Old 26 Feb 2002, 22:20 (Ref:223262)   #69
GM Man
Racer

Nexa Racer...how about a reply on RAT CATCHER's:

"I here nexa were very average against the top teams"
Old 26 Feb 2002, 22:38 (Ref:223272)   #70
Nexa Racer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by GM Man
Nexa Racer...how about a reply on RAT CATCHER's:

"I here nexa were very average against the top teams"
Let's see, I could make up some times that say that we were quicker than everyone else but I dont see the point. I know the times that we did and I have a fair Idea what times Van Diemen and Danielsson did. It is still earily times and as this was our first proper outing, I see no reason for concern.
Old 26 Feb 2002, 22:50 (Ref:223276)   #71
bazza
Rookie

bazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RAT CATCHER
Me again
Well no I am not any MRS LEWIS I am a bloke MCP.
just spoke to my man at Van Diemen and he said all the works cars and danielsson JLR vd were very quick at silverstone today, also j apex the modern f fords have a data logger in them so the time,s we here are pretty good.?
wez and all the works drivers seem very strong so far,
I here nexa were very average against the top teams, maybe they will miss our MR lewis more than people think?
I know Mr Lewis and he will miss Linz and Rog when everything goes pear shaped. Van Diemen should be more worried about their Drivers moral than what the opposition are doing.
Old 26 Feb 2002, 22:57 (Ref:223281)   #72
GM Man
Racer

Nexa Racer: True, when is the first official FF test? When is next FF test?
Old 27 Feb 2002, 09:54 (Ref:223480)   #73
MCP CLUB
Rookie

In reply to your comments Bazza I do agree that Lewis has a bit of a reputation (albeit unproven) however this does not explain Danielsson at the top of the sheets. Could it be that Scholar are now de rigeur in Zetec? As for the "chimps" Lewis does seem to be a good ringmaster as "Linz" and "Roger" willno doubt prove.
Old 27 Feb 2002, 11:41 (Ref:223532)   #74
Richard Dean
Rookie

Richard Dean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danielsson was quickest acording to my friend at Van Diemen but only by 1/100th to Barber. Jonny Apex you seem paranoid about un reliable stop-watches, have you had a bad experience? In my expereince these guys are experienced and accurate enough with a watch, but difficult for them to time the opposition every lap as well as the cars in their own team. Thats why the data loggers are the only thing to trust, I hear Danielsson and works VD exchange data? so maybe they can be accurate with timing on these cars. It is unfair to judge Nexa untill they have 2 or 3 days under the belt. Not a great fan of Lewis but he is a winner, in my experience only one car getting all the attention from whatever Team he is with, who will it be for 2002?
Old 27 Feb 2002, 11:55 (Ref:223544)   #75
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by slipery
Jonny Apex you seem paranoid about un reliable stop-watches, have you had a bad experience?
Not paranoid in the slightest. Just wary of phrases like the one you've used above "according to my friend" - how on earth can that constitute fact? OK, he might know what times drivers in his own team were doing, but what about other drivers in other cars? Does Van Diemen have access to other teams' data as well?