Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2002, 13:32 (Ref:311578)   #51
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not getting involved in this argument, but I would like to see people not refer to Barrichello as a third-class driver. I remember when everyone was heaping praise on him for his efforts in the Jordan and Stewart but now it appears he's a bad driver?!?!?

He's one of the best on the grid, but he's not as good as TGF. Simple as that. Third rate drivers are guys like Yoong.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 13:42 (Ref:311588)   #52
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It can't be had any way that suits your argument BBK... Rubens got the old (tried, tested) car at Suzuka, and the team were criticised for not giving him the best chance. Then he gets the quickest strategy at Montreal, and the team are criticised for being too risky for him. Two examples, from many - you can read them however you want, depending on your disposition... but it's stretching credibility to shift your assumption (should he get the quick option vs. should he get the safe option) just to shoe-horn the result into a pretty shakey argument. As far as the T car goes - Schumacher did of course take his own spare car and gave Rubens the car that had just scored pole position. Rubens has proved categorically that he is very far from third rate - it's just that he lacks the class to live up to his full potential at each and every race like a true champion.

Last edited by Glen; 12 Jun 2002 at 13:43.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 13:52 (Ref:311599)   #53
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Third class has noting to do with potential or talent. It has to do with character to be able to live up to that potential or talent.

Barrichello has proven to be an spineless individual for signing once again for a team that does not respect him. Not even Yoong would do that. Money is not averything for everybody but it seems to be it is for Barrichello.

You cannot avoid being cynical about Ferrari can you? Every thing they do for Barrichello seems to go wrong. I wonder why?
Old 12 Jun 2002, 14:26 (Ref:311623)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
Barrichello has proven to be an spineless individual for signing once again for a team that does not respect him. Not even Yoong would do that. Money is not averything for everybody but it seems to be it is for Barrichello.
Who can say what's going on another man's mind ?

Personally I think Ferrari is Barrichello's last stand. Maybe he could have a chance at Toyota, but overall he's a goner.

Why not sign with the bucks and yet driving the best car in the grid ?

More than half of the grid would like to have that seat...
Old 12 Jun 2002, 15:54 (Ref:311719)   #55
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anything that Ferrari does, the anti-schumachers would cry foul. Not the least bit surprising...

BBK had mentioned how Rubens the third class driver is spineless, to drive for the sake of money not the wins. Use your juice and think about it beyond your fantasy world...

Carefully analysing the situation, (note: not biased presumptions )currently, there are 2 major teams without a top line driver - Toyota and Ford.aka.Jag. And there are few to choose from, Rubens actually being one of the better choices available on the market up to Spain 2002. His late 2001 effort showed his impressive speed and aggressive side, after putting in a string of good race performance coupled with many good overtaking moves. His early 2002 form further built on where he left off...being able to challenge MS in quals frequently. If anything, his market value had raised instead of fall.If he chose to leave Ferrari, its very probable Jaguar or Toyota would pick him up, with at least the same wage, if not higher. (lets face it, no matter what, Rubens is a better driver than Irvine and co.) However, what is equally sure is that the car he gets would more probably be far worse than the Ferrari, that not only he could not fight for wins, he might even end up at the tail end of the grid (and hence doing a JV or EI ). Base on this reasoning, it kinds of contrast with what BBK had said...

And trust me, i'd bet my car that Yoong would not hesitate to accept a Ferrari offer...but wait, he's simply not good enough.

As for the allocation of the only F2002/Ross Brawn's focus, as a team manager who looks for efficiency in operations, what would you do?

Last edited by Gt_R; 12 Jun 2002 at 15:56.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 16:28 (Ref:311749)   #56
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gt_R. You wanted proof of unequal treatment from Schurarri to Barrichello. Is not important what I would do. Fact is that Schumacher gets what he considers the best equipement (i.e. the t-car) that Barrichello made it go fast. Not that is anything wrong about it.....LOL
Old 12 Jun 2002, 19:56 (Ref:311945)   #57
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERO, nice pic! but whos who? Could you please label it?

Thanx
Old 12 Jun 2002, 20:27 (Ref:311964)   #58
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
The F2001 WAS reliable. Rubens ran out of gas.
i presume your talking about Brazil, this year? if so, Rubens didn't run out of gas, he had hydraulic failure.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 20:41 (Ref:311975)   #59
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS usually measures his words before he speaks to the press, but he seems to have forgotten to get his brain in gear on this one.

As EERO said, in the past he'd always gotten loud cheers in Montreal. And as far as the "no love lost" relationship with Villeneuve, what about Montoya and JV? Last year a "brake test" bumping incident put Villeneuve out of Friday practice, and during a drivers' meeting JPM mentioned the death of the track marshall in Australia, after which Jacques' hands had to be forcibly removed from Juan's throat. These incidents made all the papers, and yet Montoya was politely cheered during the driver's parade last year, and very loudly cheered this year.

Michael knows very well why he was booed, but he's ducking the issue as much as possible. He was literally ducking during the drivers' parade: When EERO was shouting "Ostreiche!" and we were all booing (even people like me wearing Ferrari paraphernalia), MS scrunched down and pretended to talk to the Healey driver.) Why is it that every time he has the opportunity to step up and act like a man, he takes the easy way out? [a strictly rhetorical question]
Old 12 Jun 2002, 20:46 (Ref:311983)   #60
eatapc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by downforce
EERO, nice pic! but whos who? Could you please label it?Thanx
Scroll down on this thread and you'll get the cast of characters:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...5&pagenumber=4
Old 12 Jun 2002, 22:51 (Ref:312055)   #61
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Just a thought here - during the FIA hearing the best outcome would be for the FIA to reverse the finish order in Austria with the support of MSch. Of course, it takes a brilliant mind affected by valve bounce to think of such excellent PR.
On a more interresting note, I think that if MSch continues to be on the receiving end of jeers and boos at both Nurnburgring and Monza, it could hasten the departure of MSch from F1.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 12 Jun 2002, 23:17 (Ref:312082)   #62
eatapc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Just a thought here - during the FIA hearing the best outcome would be for the FIA to reverse the finish order in Austria with the support of MSch. Of course, it takes a brilliant mind affected by valve bounce to think of such excellent PR.
Auto, Motor und Sport magazine reported exactly this scenario, Valve. I read about it on CNN. Check it out here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mot...r_austrian_ap/
Old 13 Jun 2002, 00:54 (Ref:312127)   #63
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Let's face it - MSch needs me for his PR Manager. WREX, could you please let him know. Thanks mate!!

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 13 Jun 2002, 01:29 (Ref:312134)   #64
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
You wanted proof of unequal treatment from Schurarri to Barrichello. Is not important what I would do.
Okay lets recap from the start of the season.

Poopens didn't get the chance to test and work on the F2002 during testing period because it's not wise to have two drivers to test the same car when the car have some reliability problems and it's best to let only one driver to help give healthy feedback. While TGF was helping the crew to sort out the problem on the F2002, Poopens was helping to develop the F2001 with the few upgrades they had made. That makes both of their jobs equally important.

Then in the early races Poopens DNF which makes him not in contention for the WDC and that leaves TGF with most clearer oppurtunity to grab it early.

People are not making sense as to when they say that Poopens didn't get equal treatment and machine as what TGF gets but those people fails to realise that Poopens team manage to get better setups during qualifying and occasionally he outqualifies TGF! which shows all those talks are baseless!

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing Fact is that Schumacher gets what he considers the best equipement (i.e. the t-car) that Barrichello made it go fast. Not that is anything wrong about it
To the statement that TGF uses the T-car which Poopens made it fast is such so lame. How in the world would TGF fit in a car that was supposedly setup for Poopens in the first place? Do you their size to be the same to fit in the cockpit? Do you see their driver style is the same?
Old 13 Jun 2002, 01:42 (Ref:312136)   #65
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Juke, I get your point about Rubens, but perhaps you could find a less insulting nickname?
Old 13 Jun 2002, 01:51 (Ref:312141)   #66
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
sorry bout that EERO but his nickname stays and it's specially created for him
Old 13 Jun 2002, 02:22 (Ref:312163)   #67
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, first time was a request. The second time is isn't.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 02:25 (Ref:312166)   #68
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
In case my previous post was too vague, You will NOT use that name. Understand?
Old 13 Jun 2002, 02:27 (Ref:312168)   #69
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
posted by Jukebox:

Quote:
Poopens didn't get the chance to test and work on the F2002 during testing period because it's not wise to have two drivers to test the same car when the car have some reliability problems and it's best to let only one driver to help give healthy feedback.
You are so true my friend.. Now I see why Badoer and burti were playing around with it.. very wise
Old 13 Jun 2002, 02:40 (Ref:312174)   #70
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
In case my previous post was too vague, You will NOT use that name. Understand?
Goodness sake EERO, i'm not calling any member in here names am i? it's just a nickname for a driver in Formula1. Why am i being cautioned for calling someone in the Formula1 names? Why aren't members who calls TGF names cautioned? Then does the nick i gave to Eddie Irvine - Eddie aka the motormouth is also a no no in here?

Fine i'm not going to refer him using that nick ever again as THIS IS YOUR FORUM & WHAT YOU SAY GOES and i hope i'm not going to get myself banned for saying this

Quote:
Originally posted by freud
posted by Jukebox:
You are so true my friend.. Now I see why Badoer and burti were playing around with it.. very wise
I'm going to take that in a positive way my friend
Old 13 Jun 2002, 02:50 (Ref:312181)   #71
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oh, I am surprised
Old 13 Jun 2002, 03:14 (Ref:312189)   #72
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

Goodness sake EERO, i'm not calling any member in here names am i? it's just a nickname for a driver in Formula1. Why am i being cautioned for calling someone in the Formula1 names? Why aren't members who calls TGF names cautioned? Then does the nick i gave to Eddie Irvine - Eddie aka the motormouth is also a no no in here?

Fine i'm not going to refer him using that nick ever again as THIS IS YOUR FORUM & WHAT YOU SAY GOES and i hope i'm not going to get myself banned for saying this

For the record, This is NOT my Forum, this Forum belongs to Craig for all of us to use. Juke, your choice of a nick is marginal; its probably harmless, but it might offend some people who don't have an appreciation for scatalogical humour. I am merely requesting that you not use the name. Also please realize that some stuff DOES get by us, but we would react just as quickly if some one were to coin a similar name for Schuey. As far as calling Irvine Motormouth, giving the frequency with which he is quoted in the tabloids, I would guess that's an accurate name.

And to answer your final question, don't worry, this isn't the kind of thing that gets people banned. Basically, try to use the standard "What would I want said about me?"
Old 13 Jun 2002, 03:30 (Ref:312197)   #73
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Okay i got it EERO and it's a done thing as far as both of us are concerned and it's not healthy for either of us to continue arguing on this issue. I just would to forget about it all...
Old 13 Jun 2002, 04:58 (Ref:312219)   #74
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
i presume your talking about Brazil, this year? if so, Rubens didn't run out of gas, he had hydraulic failure.
Yes, that was what I talking about. And of course, Pablo had a "suspension" problem at Montreal, Hill got "electronic" problems at Nurburgring, etc... What do you expect them to say? "Yes, our driver screwed it biug time" and laugh afterwards?

PS: Eero, shall I presume that TGF goes too? And Rafe, Cubehead, Bunsen, Toad, etc? Just asking.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 05:19 (Ref:312231)   #75
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although the first time i read "toad" or "Poopens" coming up, i thought it sounds rather...erm...cute. But i won't miss the absence of name calling... infact, i'd rather all name callings be requested its departure...taking the most meaningless (yet well-known) TGF (and its variations) along with it.

As Eero said, the standard we try to follow is based around "What would I want said about me?". Surely, nobody likes to be called a "toad" and hear croaks everywhere they go?