Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:21 (Ref:391671)   #51
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
agwiii should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumacher
Well the real team has won the championship by over a hundred points and the real team mates are 1 and 2 in the drivers championship.Nothing more to add.
Eddie Jordan said it well. He said it's not Ferrari's fault if they're so good. It's our job to compete with them and if we can't, we need to work harder. They have the best driver, the best car, the best team, and the best infrastructure.

That explains the constructor's title and 1 & 2 in the drivers.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:23 (Ref:391674)   #52
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
?? neil..this is supposed to be a Williams-thread... And please, the dealings between MS and Rubens is NOT a decision by Ferrari.

Anyway, i must say, out of fairness, that those who blamed JPM for what happened in Nurburgring has almost no right to blame JPM this time around. Similarly, those who think what happens in Nurburgring is not JPM's fault but a racing accident should not hold any grudge and blame Ralf for today.

What ever it is, I don't think JPM is at fault. However, i must admit that 2 top guys as teammates taking each other out isn't exactly good.

Oh yeah? Team Williams is about fair racing irregardless? If they are really that keen about fair racing, then why the reaction when they saw it? Why would Head and Frank speak to their drivers about it?? If they are really in it for sports and racing, they should have expected and accept it.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:24 (Ref:391675)   #53
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you think Ferrari has no racing spirit then you are mistaken my friend.The team is all about racing and that is why it has a history in the sport a glorious history.

Coming back to the two Williams drivers,I do not see a situation that is conducive for the drivers to take the fight to Ferrari.Both drivers are told they are to beat each other.When one of them has a bad race all of a sudden the press is all over them.That is more of a case with Ralf mainly due to the fact that he is German and the British press hate him.

Still the blame lies at the feet of Williams grand prix.What happened today was the result of two drivers who hate each other,two drivers who have camps of support within the team,and two drivers who care more about beating each other than beating Ferrari or helping their own team progress up the grid.

Montoya and Ralf are equal partners in all of this.I realize there are some Montoya fanatics who are always doing their best to divert blame from their man's door when he is clearly at fault or at least partly to blame as he was today.Similarly there are fans of Ralf who feel the same way.

I am of the opinion that neither of these two guys will ever win the championship unless they learn how to work as a team and both their fan groups realize that beating the other is not as important as them helping their team to progress up the grid.

Whatever happens neither of them are of the class and calibre of Schummy.Not today nor ever.

Last edited by Schumacher; 30 Sep 2002 at 01:26.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:39 (Ref:391689)   #54
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That is more of a case with Ralf mainly due to the fact that he is German and the British press hate him.

Rafe is hardly ever mentioned in the British Press o' knowledgable one, so, as he's hardly ever mentioned, how do you know that the british press hate him?

Last edited by Mr V; 30 Sep 2002 at 01:40.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:44 (Ref:391694)   #55
Schumacher
Racer

If you think the pommies dont hate him then mate you've had your eyes closed for 5 years.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:49 (Ref:391699)   #56
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Why don't you provide a solid bit of proof that the British press hate him? Do you actually live in Britian so that it's possible to provide ths proof?
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:54 (Ref:391701)   #57
Schumacher
Racer

I have lived in London for 4 years.I moved away a year ago.If you ever read the garbage they print about him down there then maybe you would have a different opinion.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:54 (Ref:391702)   #58
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams do seem to find ways to loose races don't they. Monza at the start, Indi at the first corner on the start of lap 2.

Also I just read that Monty pitted a little to early and this also effected his race.

"I made a mistake in the pit stop as I pitted much to early. I saw a sign out and thought I had to come in and the crew didn't know I was comming."

I seems to me both Williams drivers need glasses.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:55 (Ref:391703)   #59
Mr V
Veteran

England
As i live about 35 miles from London, i'm sure i get to read the same "garbage" that they do in London. Proof please.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 02:03 (Ref:391708)   #60
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
As i live about 35 miles from London, i'm sure i get to read the same "garbage" that they do in London. Proof please.
If you mean my quote of monty and his pit stop go the grandprix.com and go to race notes. They have quotes from all drivers and most team managers ans well as the full post race conference transcript.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 02:10 (Ref:391713)   #61
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I am of the opinion that neither of these two guys will ever win the championship unless they learn how to work as a team and both their fan groups realize that beating the other is not as important as them helping their team to progress up the grid.
True, that why drivers such as Prost and Senna never won a championship as teammates. They hated each others guts so much that they let other drivers win the championships......oh no.......wait a minute......I think that's what happened in a dream because Senna and Prost did win championships as teammates despite hating their guts.

And, although this belongs in another thread, despite Mclaren's appaling dominance those weren't boring seasons (like this one) because Prost and Senna were allowed to race. Mclaren knew that being a dominant team is also a reponsability with the sport itself and with the people that love the sport.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 04:15 (Ref:391752)   #62
Powered by JPM
Racer

Powered by JPM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Champ69

Also I just read that Monty pitted a little to early and this also effected his race.
didnt read the quote myself, but i noticed that during his pit stop the crew was running around as if they werent expecting him.
the comentators on ABC mentioned the same.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 04:27 (Ref:391755)   #63
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they still using radios ?!?,
Old 30 Sep 2002, 05:00 (Ref:391763)   #64
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, I get it all the teammates should stop racing against each other. It that is not the most idiotic thing I've heard. The day racers stop racing guess what, it’s not racing anymore. After watching Collin Edwards race to the finish in WSB I am convinced that some teams still like to race. If anyone thinks Ferrari has that kind of spirit they are mistaken. Williams and Maclaren are far more entertaining than Ferrari.

Lets not forget that the most important thing in racing is not winning it’s the fans. If we don’t show up Ferrari has no future. They have deprived all of their fans of any real racing this year. I don’t even understand their supporters. RS is probably my least favorite driver on the grid, however even he is more entertaining.

By the way I do know this is a Williams thread. I think the point I was making was well within the context of the original post. My point was that it is much better to see real racing even if they are not winning that a pathetic procession.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 05:35 (Ref:391769)   #65
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
My point was that it is much better to see real racing even if they are not winning that a pathetic procession.
i agree with that !...
Old 30 Sep 2002, 05:44 (Ref:391775)   #66
alchemy
Racer

Ireland
Tranquillity Base
alchemy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yet another glaring example that intelligence isn’t a strong requirement in being a Grand Prix driver!
Old 30 Sep 2002, 06:24 (Ref:391808)   #67
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it is good to see real racing but if you are silly enough to run into each other on lap 2, then the spectators don't get to see a lot of real racing from you after that do they??

Last edited by alfasud; 30 Sep 2002 at 06:25.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 07:58 (Ref:391890)   #68
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Montoya came in 10 laps too early. Surely, without that blunder, he could have had a good chance of third place in this race.

But exactly what happened to Ralf in this race? I saw him pass Alex Yoong, but yet, a few laps later, he was behind him again in the standings! Ummm... as I write this, I'm thinking - Ralf was probably a lap down on Alex Yoong too after losing his back wing, so when he passed him, he must have unlapped himself! That's probably the explanation! OK, I've solved the problem all by myself!
Old 30 Sep 2002, 08:57 (Ref:391931)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Teletext quotes Patrick as saying "I think Frank's going to let them both know what he thinks about this". He then goes on to suggest that Montaya fouled up. Something about "not following his proceedures" and seeing something which wasn't there? Anybody got a clue to this? He also said that JPM didn't communicate with his team. I'm not certain about all that, but Ralf's spin was his own fault.

Seems their both in for a grilling though.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:07 (Ref:391938)   #70
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you can see a piece of footage that looks side ways on to the incident you'll see that Ralf was already going backwards at the turning in point to turn one, whilst Montoya was pointing easily in line for the inside of turn two, until he was collected by Ralf. All this talk of pinching and squeezing simply didn't happen. It is also highly feasable to overtake on the outside there as well due to the nature of the corner meaning you end up on the inside at the second apex. Ralf should have let the corner go, JPM was at least half a car length ahead as they reached the braking zone. It was Ralf's fault without question.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:11 (Ref:391943)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damon,

I was hoping somebody could shed light on the "not following proceedures bit". I already said Ralf was wrong.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:13 (Ref:391946)   #72
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Champ69

If you mean my quote of monty and his pit stop go the grandprix.com and go to race notes.
No Champ, i was referring to Schumacher (the poster) and his insistance about the british press hating Rafe.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:21 (Ref:391954)   #73
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
My post was no referencing you Peter, it was aimed at alchemy.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:24 (Ref:391959)   #74
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Anybody that subscribes to this thread is nuts.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:25 (Ref:391961)   #75
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
welcome to the thread Valve!