Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Sep 2003, 10:12 (Ref:710655)   #51
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure - the international rating is an FIA/CAMS designated thing - depends on who the promoter is - AVESCO, IMG or Jon Davison.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 10:19 (Ref:710662)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From the Supp Regs again

"1.3.1 Promoter : IMG"

And something fun....

"1.2.2 - The Meeting has Major National status."

Last edited by GTRMagic; 7 Sep 2003 at 10:21.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2003, 22:05 (Ref:711231)   #53
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedy could develop food poisning between sessions and enter a 'substitute' driver. Unless my memory fails me, a sub is legal and can be done with approval from the other entrants.

Has worked in the past.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 22:09 (Ref:711232)   #54
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was reported that the only drivers affected are Rydell and both TD drivers. RT can you remember if the QLD 500 was a National or International round, I am sure it was only National.
But then I remember Beattie did not have a Cams circuit licence at all last year prior to the event. One was found for him, I am sure the same will be done for these guys.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 22:17 (Ref:711240)   #55
RaceTime
Veteran

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/downlo...LD%20Final.pdf

1.2.2 The Meeting will be a Major National Meeting.

I would be interested in finding a copy of the Supp Regs though to see the permit number that was issued for it - there used to be a spot on the SoupCars site that gave the Supp and Further Supp regs but, like anything else on that site - finding it is almost impossible.

Last edited by RaceTime; 7 Sep 2003 at 22:18.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 22:20 (Ref:711241)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like that plan TonyC, yes it is possible for Speedy to substitute a driver (like Owen Kelly in Seton's car at Bathurst last year).... will need to have a quiet word

I also find it weird that only Jan Magnussen, Nicolas Minassian and Rickard Rydell have issues with licencing. Allan Simonsen must already be sorted, having run PROCAR all year, not sure how John Cleland would manage that, or Andy Priaulx.. or Brabs who runs on a British licence I believe.... do we have some deal or other on British licences being transferable or something? Or because they have been here before, all is sweet?

If I were them, I cant say I would want to swap my hard earned international licence from the country of birth/racing to swap for a local yokel version....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2003, 23:16 (Ref:711277)   #57
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grant Kenny announced on 10 this morning that he's driving in both endouros he didn't say a lot about it as Bert was more intersted in his weight loss etc. Grant did say it's been a long tome since he drove the WRX.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 23:25 (Ref:711283)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Oakely Doakely... lets get the view from somewhere that should knows whats going on...

It seems that any application for transferance of licences from international standard to Australian C4 designation needs to be in CAMS' hands by close of trading today. Any driver not having this paperwork in CAMS hands by this time, will effectively not be able to compete at Sandown this weekend.

This process has been in place for some time apparently, suggesting the international drivers who had competed in Australia previously, or had team management used to foreign import drivers, will have this issue sorted.

CAMS could not confirm whether any applications had been received, nor whose applications they had in hand due to privacy rules.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2003, 23:31 (Ref:711292)   #59
RaceTime
Veteran

Privacy Rules? Political correctness.

So this would mean, then, that no entry list can be published due to privacy rules?????
Old 7 Sep 2003, 23:43 (Ref:711298)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
AVESCO releases these, they wipe out your common law rights by making you sign a paper that says you arent allowed to sue anyone else in the series, so what would a few bent privacy rules actually mean?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Sep 2003, 00:05 (Ref:711311)   #61
RaceTime
Veteran

Still raises an interesting quesiton though...
Old 8 Sep 2003, 00:09 (Ref:711314)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
For sure it does, I bet there are lots of things that CAMS, AVESCO and TEGA do that if tested at common law, would sink their little party... but who (besides the Morrises) has the cash to pursue it?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Sep 2003, 00:34 (Ref:711319)   #63
RaceTime
Veteran

<cough> AAA....
Old 8 Sep 2003, 02:53 (Ref:711344)   #64
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
WW has qualified the car this year, just never fronted on race day. LRT were the brainy ones, hooking up with Speedy to share his pitboom, knowing full well that there will be times when they get the boom to themselves
LRT should be thanking Ray for that then, as he is the one to allocate the pitlane garages.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 07:13 (Ref:712706)   #65
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a C4 licence, is it worth doing a ring around of L1 teams who have nominated International drivers?
Old 9 Sep 2003, 07:21 (Ref:712710)   #66
RaceTime
Veteran

What for? To sell them your licence or obtain a drive?
Old 9 Sep 2003, 07:21 (Ref:712711)   #67
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
simon wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably is David...
Old 9 Sep 2003, 07:38 (Ref:712728)   #68
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What do you reckon Race?

G'day Simon and welcome to the forum. I was only joking, I assume you are too.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 07:42 (Ref:712733)   #69
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
Yeah I was. I think things will be ok David, just people being pushy when theres no need.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 23:46 (Ref:713669)   #70
paydriver
Rookie

paydriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess when Neil McFadyen takes the wheel for the 2nd stint we know Dynamik sorted their issue by ignoring CAMS bureaucracy...
Old 10 Sep 2003, 00:36 (Ref:713687)   #71
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi simon on your site it says only jan is will have any real problems

and that Kees may have to deal with the dutch instead to sort it out (surender his international and try to get it back after the race)
are cams such big of ********s to deal with

by the way how did the online chat go?

Last edited by smokinJ; 10 Sep 2003 at 00:38.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 02:24 (Ref:713723)   #72
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my mistake sorry Kieron
clicked before i thought
Old 10 Sep 2003, 06:24 (Ref:713782)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Jan Magnussen's problem is that he has a race in the US the weekend following Sandown, in the prodrive Ferrari somewhere or other... so swapping his International licence for the local version in the timeframe, and hoping it gets swapped back in time to go earn money from his day job a few days later is fraught with danger!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Sep 2003, 07:11 (Ref:713816)   #74
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
The online chat went well I suppose as it was our first time trying smokinj. We had good reports so fingers crossed.

Jan has had problems, and I have stayed away from it and focused on what I need to do for the weekend but I have heard some little bits here and there but I dont know how true it is. Nic seems to have agreed to a Oz licence and Jan was this morning finalising his situation. I think a problem is that they have scrapped a 'visa' type system recently which has changed things. That might not be the case with this situation, but I know I used to use 'visa's' a lot, earlier on in my career.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:19 (Ref:714719)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I guess we know the answer now huh!
#CANCERSUCKS