Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 2 Dec 2003, 21:20 (Ref:801882)   #51
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anything can happen between now and march, it says in fia rules that the grid must be deicided by march 4th.
so lets wait and see and not jump to conclussions just yet.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 23:50 (Ref:801964)   #52
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As for the comment about "rookies". I also am a rookie here; I also have been an auto racing fan since I was a youngster. I recognize JV for what he is, a very talented, outspoken pure race car driver. A quick perusal through some posts here, I find quite refreshing compared to the blinders-like loyalty that you often find. For example the top drivers post is quite interesting, especially the low rating of Schumi by some. Personally I think he has proven to be an excellent driver although not of the legend status that too many fans want to label him as. Having said that I long for the great rivalries of F1 past and I feel we, the fans have been deprived to a large extent for different reasons. At the conclusion of 1997 it appeared that a long term rivalry (and a very exciting rivalry in my view) was imminent between MS and JV but it fizzled and F1 has changed a great deal since then. For better? Not in my book.
Old 3 Dec 2003, 00:05 (Ref:801971)   #53
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
For example the top drivers post is quite interesting, especially the low rating of Schumi by some. Personally
Hmmm, dont know where you get that from. I just looked at it and Schumacher on Average is ranked higher than anyone, and (along with JPM, Kimi and Alonso) is ranked in EVERY top 10 so far.

As for JV, I can understand why they feel cheated. JV is still fast enough to be on the grid and they feel (rightly or wrongly) their favorite driver got shafted.

But as MrV pointed out, blaming Richards is'nt the answer. If JV was still as good as he used to be, other teams would be falling over themselves to sign him.

The reality is he does'nt have 'it' anymore, and his reduction in speed is only exceeded by his increased arrogance and self importance.

Ponder this if you will. Despite offering to drive for nicks, a former WDC has ZERO offers on the table. Why do you think that is?
Old 3 Dec 2003, 05:35 (Ref:802168)   #54
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
...recognize JV for what he is, a very talented, outspoken pure race car driver. ...conclusion of 1997 ... MS and JV ...
yes the three things that come up when Villeneuve gets mentioned. But since then - Schumi got better and faster and Villeneuve? Shall I keep going on about England and the 1966 World Cup and base everything I say on that year?
Old 7 Dec 2003, 15:59 (Ref:806072)   #55
TBSMC
Rookie

TBSMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Hmmm, dont know where you get that from. I just looked at it and Schumacher on Average is ranked higher than anyone, and (along with JPM, Kimi and Alonso) is ranked in EVERY top 10 so far.

As for JV, I can understand why they feel cheated. JV is still fast enough to be on the grid and they feel (rightly or wrongly) their favorite driver got shafted.

But as MrV pointed out, blaming Richards is'nt the answer. If JV was still as good as he used to be, other teams would be falling over themselves to sign him.

The reality is he does'nt have 'it' anymore, and his reduction in speed is only exceeded by his increased arrogance and self importance.

Ponder this if you will. Despite offering to drive for nicks, a former WDC has ZERO offers on the table. Why do you think that is?
Hmmm, dont know where you get that from.

How can you say that JV has suffered from a reduction in speed when he was supplied with a car that allowed he to finish 5 races this year? (And please don’t use that tried and lame standard response about how JB scored more points then him) The truth is that BAR gave JV a car that was incapable of showing what a purebred racer he really is.
Old 7 Dec 2003, 22:58 (Ref:806243)   #56
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I'm gonna use that lame old excuse that Button was ahead of his 80% of the time.

BTW, you did'nt answer my, "Despite offering to drive for nicks, a former WDC has ZERO offers on the table. Why do you think that is?"
Old 8 Dec 2003, 00:23 (Ref:806308)   #57
TBSMC
Rookie

TBSMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
I'm gonna use that lame old excuse that Button was ahead of his 80% of the time.

BTW, you did'nt answer my, "Despite offering to drive for nicks, a former WDC has ZERO offers on the table. Why do you think that is?"
Your quite right, JB was ahead of JV most of the time, but it wasn't because of skillful driving. JB had 3 mechanical DNF's this year, JV had 8! To suggest that JB out performed JV this year is really quite ridiculous.

What offers could be on the table considering there are no openings for any top teams in 2004? JV himself said that he wasn't interested in driving for back markers any longer, I’m quite sure if he had approached Jordan there would have been some interest.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 15:02 (Ref:806698)   #58
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What excuses will you JV lovers make next year, when Button and Sato take BAR into the top 5?

It took Button only one year at BAR to make that team better, and show them a bright future, something that JV never did in all his years there.

Danica Patrick
Old 8 Dec 2003, 15:06 (Ref:806702)   #59
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
It took Button only one year at BAR to make that team better, and show them a bright future
That's funny!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 8 Dec 2003, 16:07 (Ref:806725)   #60
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But ofcourse every success that BAR had last year is down to Buttboy!!!
The designers of the car had absolutely nothing to do with it!
Old 8 Dec 2003, 16:21 (Ref:806740)   #61
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps, JV is unlucky that he doesn't do well in the car. But can anybody actually say that JV had impressed in his stint at BAR? Can anybody say that JV had managed to pull more performance out of the lousy car than any other drivers could?

For now, Button is a good driver, JV is a good driver. But one is on the climb up to becoming better, one is declining. Who's who? It isn't hard to figure.

Button had shown strong performance this year, irregardless of JV. Button had also been a better team man. And lucky for him, he came after the JV/Pollock era to find a stronger team of Richards/Willis. The new Honda looks strong. The new car, if anything shown this year is to go by, will be strong. Button and Sato looks strong. Michelin looks strong. Now BAR-Honda have a strong team for 2004. So ditching JV doesn't seem to hurt.

Don't blame Richard for badmouthing JV depriving him a seat in F1. Other team managers are experienced and very smart people who can judge for themselves, and what they see in JV doesn't impress them. That speaks for more than what we the fans can insist.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 16:23 (Ref:806741)   #62
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok, now close this thread and shut up about it in the future please...
Old 8 Dec 2003, 16:33 (Ref:806751)   #63
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a good idea....