Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2004, 16:18 (Ref:999820)   #51
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
2) He'd like to drive for Ferrari.
I'm afraid ol' Jacques will have to get in line for the opportunity! Nearly all drivers would do anything to get into the cockpit of a Ferrari.
Old 10 Jun 2004, 16:31 (Ref:999829)   #52
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 11 Jun 2004, 08:11 (Ref:1000492)   #53
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although not JV's fan, i must say that if he does find his way back into F1, then it pretty much means he deserve it. And in such a situation, all the best of luck to him.

partly due to the Villeneuve name, i really think it's quite sad that JV leave F1 in such a bitter manner...it seems like there is business left undone...and if he has a chance to give his F1 career a nice ending, it would be most appropriate.

No ill intentions, but personally, i won't really like JV as a Ferrari driver. It has nothing to do with MS.

Firstly, having Jacques in Ferrari would never replicate the feelings of seeing Gilles in a Ferrari. Hence, the emotional attachment to such a possibility doesn't exist. Furthermore, pardon me JV fans, but recent performance of JV doesn't give a decent indication that he deserve a Ferrari drive. I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but even if the guy's name isn't JV, but another driver, the resume doesn't reflect well.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1000902)   #54
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R

Firstly, having Jacques in Ferrari would never replicate the feelings of seeing Gilles in a Ferrari. Hence, the emotional attachment to such a possibility doesn't exist. Furthermore, pardon me JV fans, but recent performance of JV doesn't give a decent indication that he deserve a Ferrari drive. I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but even if the guy's name isn't JV, but another driver, the resume doesn't reflect well.
I would agree Gilles is a Ferrari legend but I think many would be very emotional if the day ever arrives where Jacques drives for Ferrari. Including Jacques himself, although he may try to deny it. As for JV's resume as you call it. Isn't it more like BAR's resume that you are referring to here? As many have pointed out, no one really knows how fast JV is these days because of those lost years at BAR. But I think we will find out sooner than later as the testing rumours persist.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:08 (Ref:1001736)   #55
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another JV article with a quote - what's going on?!

http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=37810&s=5

(from Frank Williams)

Quote:
"First Jacques must be tested and evaluated. If we proceed it would be in August or at the start of September."
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1001739)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now that is more like a quote that's needed!
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1001740)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But still not terribly conclusive...
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1001742)   #58
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said a couple of times before, the mere fact that he "must be tested and evaluated" is extremely interesting.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1001744)   #59
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
As I said a couple of times before, the mere fact that he "must be tested and evaluated" is extremely interesting.
Who cares?
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:19 (Ref:1001748)   #60
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Who cares?
Frank Williams, obviously, or he wouldn't have said it
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1001750)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'd be worried if it came down to head to head Williams tests and I was a Villeneuve fan.

He could be blown away if it were a Davidson or Webber in the other car.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1001753)   #62
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time will tell.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:29 (Ref:1001756)   #63
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Testing is more than just setting fast laptimes and comparing it to the others.
Just look at Coulthard, he's as slow as a drunk snail and he still got a 9+ year career with McLaren.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 12 Jun 2004 at 14:29.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1001758)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I was just going by the last Williams test shootout between Button and Junqueira which was judged on pace. You're probably right ASCII
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1001763)   #65
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
I was just going by the last Williams test shootout between Button and Junqueira which was judged on pace. You're probably right ASCII
But they didn't give the drive to the one who did a quicker lap.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1001767)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I thought Button got a marginally quicker lap.

Maybe I'm having memory failure, but I'm sure he did.....
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1001770)   #67
Kicking-back
Veteran

As far as I recall, Junqueira was a TAD quicker, but Frank saw something in Jenson.

I think history has proved him right.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1002023)   #68
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging from the excessive whinging that Bruno has shown in CART, I think it probably came down to attitude. Bruno's being bad, he seems to constantly be making excuses.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 13 Jun 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1002159)   #69
charlie97
Rookie

charlie97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here's the rest of the quotes that came with that one.

"The meeting was in England and I was not the only representative of the team who participated," Williams told Canadian newspaper 'le Journal de Montreal'. "Patrick Head and Sam Michael were also present. We wanted to re-establish contact with him (Villeneuve) to remind ourselves of his personality and his feelings. It is a normal procedure. The first thing to do is to test him and evaluate him. If we proceed with Jacques it would be in August or at the start of September. We have plenty of time to negociate with Jacques and we will not rush the process before August."

"He appeared as competative as always. It was very nice to meet him and he was very determined to return behind the wheel. One of the interesting things is the personality of Jacques - he is a very determined individual."

"It is a long process but Jacques brings with him a lot of experience," said Williams. "He knows the Honda engine and Bridgestone tyres well and that does not affect our choice but if he joined us it would help us. I am sure that if he has the chance to secure a good drive he will work hard and will be very demanding of himself. We have discussed different things, and have looked into the possibility of seeing him again and we are always interested in his services."
Old 13 Jun 2004, 00:38 (Ref:1002174)   #70
ASCII Man
Veteran

Mouthwatering prospects... *drools*
Old 19 Jun 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1008714)   #71
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canadian GP Observations

Interesting read HERE

Ted
Old 19 Jun 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1008716)   #72
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which bit of it is interesting? (is this discussion about?)
Old 19 Jun 2004, 16:06 (Ref:1008719)   #73
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found the AD on the right of the article quite interesting!!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1008722)   #74
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"He (Jacques Villeneuve) will get a test (with Williams F1) this summer,'' said Thiessen, who has input on driver selection but the final decision is made by Frank Williams. "But he will be one of about 10 (to test).
It'd be interesting to work out who these 10 are. JV looks like he's one of them. Do the 10 include Webber and/or Williams' current test drivers?
Old 19 Jun 2004, 16:14 (Ref:1008726)   #75
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I think we have enough clutter, so until we have an official announcement that JV has anything to do with F1 again, we can confine the gossip to this thread of the historic forum.