Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2004, 22:34 (Ref:1152734)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So why dont they ask?

AA is running a survey on their performance soon (which I encourage every man and his dog with access to buy and tell them how you really feel ) why cant #10 do something similar.

I have been to a number of market research surveys for products we sell, and as a participant for other people's products... its not that hard to do....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Nov 2004, 00:31 (Ref:1152807)   #52
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mixxer
Obviously they feel the bulk of their viewers would rather watch the tourers than the WRC, not hard was it.
The same thinking that will ensure we don't see the Ashes, i.e commitment to current programming & time difference - the commercial channels dont like messing with their early evening programming & mid afternoon in WA is a big problem.
The 10 coverage today finishes am WA time.

It has nothing to do with the WA Govt telling Coch0 to hoof it with his demands for a street race & part of the WRC budget. (still in the 'too hard to believe' basket for the Cold Coast marketeering latte set)

I blame CAMS because if there was not a conflict of dates we would get conerage of both events. If Ron Walker & his bunch of snipers had snaffled the WRC event like they did the AGP, could you see a Melbourne event having any
competition?
Old 14 Nov 2004, 02:25 (Ref:1152851)   #53
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foxsports has the rights to the rally - they have just finished the highlights so now Ten can follow.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Nov 2004, 11:44 (Ref:1153117)   #54
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Schrodes
Another classic Beattie moment today. Ambrose finishes second...
Beattie: So Marcos, your a Tasmanian and you've had your first race in Tasmania and won...
Ambrose: Well I've had my first race but we didn't win.
Seriously, why does this bloke still have a job?
Now you are getting seriously picky. That was a small slip of the tounge. Beattie is one of the best people #10 have ever employed IMO.

And when you put him in a room with Greg Rust to commentate a bike race he sounds even better......
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1153129)   #55
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 00 XR8
Now you are getting seriously picky. That was a small slip of the tounge. Beattie is one of the best people #10 have ever employed IMO.
Is that really saying very much, when you consider the other people Channel 10 employ for motorsport duties?

The question isn't so much as to why Network 10 shunned the WRC for the touring cars, but why did CAMS allow the Symmons meeting to be held on the same day as Rally Australia. The fact that the race was originally in China shouldn't have made a difference, they changed the track, why not the date by a week or so?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 04:46 (Ref:1153655)   #56
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"All season Dovisiso has been riding the same, but not the same Honda as everyone else." - Beattie

I just wished 10 would show the Superbikes again That and maybe the IRL
Old 15 Nov 2004, 06:33 (Ref:1153686)   #57
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
When you quote it like that it sounds like a mistake but it really wasn't That Team Scott thing has twice the horsepower of the other Hondas..........

I like your sig though
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1153697)   #58
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After many years of commentators making mistakes, from Murray Walker all the way down to John Smailes, I laughed at Darryl Beattie's faux pas, but, gee, the guy made a mistake. Does it matter?

BTW, looking at sigs, and yours in particular, OO XR8...

Murray Walker from the Canadian Grand Prix: "..and that stretch of water you can see at the top of your screen is not the St Lawrence seaway, it's the Olympic rowing course, which I walked down today."
Old 15 Nov 2004, 07:46 (Ref:1153704)   #59
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
because 60,000 people went to tassie, about 50 went to the WRC
Old 15 Nov 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1153864)   #60
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard the head count at Symmons was 60,000, but only 30,000 people turned up

[/crash-test running for shelter]
Old 15 Nov 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1153938)   #61
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by resisturban
because 60,000 people went to tassie, about 50 went to the WRC
Didn't you work for Dr Edelsten & the Sydney Swans in the 80s
cos

yeh its you
Old 15 Nov 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1154041)   #62
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
That Team Scott thing has twice the horsepower of the other Hondas..........
Never mind Barbera's bike...

Beatties alright, even when not comparing him to the rest of the 10 commentators.

Still miss Sheene though...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1154051)   #63
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is that woman reporting from the pits on the weekend & where is she from?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1154101)   #64
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
I heard the head count at Symmons was 60,000, but only 30,000 people turned up

[/crash-test running for shelter]
Now now thats not very nice And besides there were at least 4000 'mainlanders' there, so the head count was 52000

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 15 Nov 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1154138)   #65
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMP @ Danny
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1154404)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerri
Who is that woman reporting from the pits on the weekend & where is she from?
Kylie King? She has been around for a while, spent time looking after the Konica series from memory...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Nov 2004, 03:56 (Ref:1154675)   #67
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Nice too see a female getting into it, hey maybe I should give it a go
I'm sure my other would be really impressed with that
Old 16 Nov 2004, 05:45 (Ref:1154697)   #68
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by EGG
Never mind Barbera's bike...

Yeah I forgot about that thing. Darryl even commented on it when it blew Casey and everyone else into the weeds on the back-straight in Brazil.......

"That is just wrong"!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 07:52 (Ref:1155687)   #69
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://au.sports.yahoo.com//040815/2/13dp.html

Ed, Jamie and Arnie preferred to V8s
Wednesday November 17, 04:25 PM

V8 Supercar fans will miss out on live television coverage of what looms as the year's championship deciding race in favour of an American sitcom, a cooking program and an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.

The Ten Network won't televise the 6.30pm Saturday twilight race at Eastern Creek next month, in which Ford's Marcos Ambrose is almost certain to wrap up back-to-back V8 titles, until at least 11pm that night.

Instead Ten says it will show comedy Ed at 6.30pm, TV chef Jamie Oliver at 7.30pm and the oft-repeated Schwarzenegger film Kindergarten Cop at 8.30pm on Saturday, December 4.

Ten's general manager of sport David White said V8 Supercar racing was not strong enough to command a prime-time television slot.

He said V8 bosses had always been told if they proceeded with plans to hold a twilight race as part of the Eastern Creek program, Ten would not show the race live.

But White also doubted the current scenario, in which Ambrose needs 42 points to wrap up the championship and needs only to finish race one to do so, would make the twilight race worth televising live anyway.

"If you are Marcos Ambrose and you have to finish 12th to wrap up the championship, how hard are you going to go?" White told AAP.

"My point is about 6.5 million TV homes. We've got to make sure we've got the most entertaining programming available.

"I'm not sure that scenario paints such an exciting picture."

V8 Supercar boss Tony Cochrane said he was disappointed with Ten's decision, while Ford officials are angry at the snub.

Cochrane said AVESCO had always planned to hold the twilight race on Saturday to add spectator appeal to the Round 13 Grand Finale.

But with Ambrose's failure to wrap up the title in Tasmania last weekend turning the race into the pivotal one of the championship, he felt Ten may soften its stance for TV viewers.

Ten has refused to budge, saying it would only show the race live if AVESCO rescheduled the race to afternoon.

"From the board's point of view, we're not at all happy with this decision," Cochrane told AAP.

"From our point of view, we can't change the timeslot.

"We've committed to the general public and sold a lot of tickets."

Ten had also been sounded out by AVESCO about a delayed telecast starting at 8.30pm or 9.30pm.

But White said there were no plans to dump Schwarzenegger's 1990 movie, in which he plays an undercover policeman assigned to teach toddlers, for the V8s.

The twilight race is scheduled after the network's late news and Sports Tonight program.

A spokesman said the replay of the race was likely to start between 11pm and 11.30pm, depending on the duration of Kindergarten Cop.

Ten will show the top 10 shootout live that afternoon as part of its scheduled V8 Supercar coverage, as well as races two and three on the Sunday.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 08:48 (Ref:1155715)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerri
Nice too see a female getting into it, hey maybe I should give it a go
I'm sure my other would be really impressed with that
Sweeeeet!! Be nice to have a famous person post here once in a while... or at least one who admits where they are from anyway
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Nov 2004, 23:55 (Ref:1156597)   #71
Jason Whittaker
Rookie

Jason Whittaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel Ten have just issued a press release. Bowing to public demand (apparently) Race 1 at Eastern Creek will be shown live from 6pm-7:30pm. Shootout coverage remains at 4-5pm.

The ratings will be facinating to see. The yanks are starting to put NASCAR on prime time network TV. Perhaps the V8 Supercars could be a viable Saturday night product (when the footy isn't on, of course)? Or perhaps it will bomb in the ratings and you'll never see another night race again. Stay tuned...
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1156900)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If they dont try, they will never know.

Presuming R3 in Tassie isnt cancelled, this will likely be the title deciding race... and settle position 2 and 3 in the series as well...

If it doesnt rate... then its not the fault of the content....
#CANCERSUCKS