Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 26 Oct 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1137054)   #51
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sound quality was so bad on Spike that it was almost like they were broadcasting from right on the race track while the cars were driving by. Now I love the sound of those engines but not when I need to hear what's going on!! Especially when it concerns my man!!!
Old 27 Oct 2004, 02:14 (Ref:1137250)   #52
FORMULA 1 RACER
Rookie

FORMULA 1 RACER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, lets hope Pat is there in Mexico to defend his 3rd place in the championship.

The fact that he was still dizzy though is not a promising factor.

In the worst of cases, lets hope the diziness moves away by the time he gets his ride with Cheever in the IRL.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 04:45 (Ref:1137301)   #53
jfly
Rookie

jfly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Hi Sue & jfly,

I was watching the Spike TV feed live on TSN and while the sound was very clear, I don't remember Tommy Kendall or Dereck Daly saying anything about it. Hope we find out!
Hi guys,

I hope so...

I was disappointed because during the Australian race there wasn't any opportunity to hear the radio connection between the team and the drivers. It was the first time that it was missing in RD. I mean, I always watch de races via RD (unfortunately in Hungary there is no TV channel to see the races this year) and listen to the radio of Pat (usually I choose him). It's really cool thing because you could know what's happening with the driver before the commentators say. But now....it was nothing

So I haven't still any idea what happened with the wing. I stay tuned and pay attention for the French-Canadian press to maybe I could find something...
Old 27 Oct 2004, 04:47 (Ref:1137303)   #54
jfly
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by FORMULA 1 RACER
Well, lets hope Pat is there in Mexico to defend his 3rd place in the championship.

The fact that he was still dizzy though is not a promising factor.

In the worst of cases, lets hope the diziness moves away by the time he gets his ride with Cheever in the IRL.
Hi F1,

I really hope so.....

And I am hoping he changed his mind regarding IRL...He should be stayed in CC.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1141246)   #55
FORMULA 1 RACER
Rookie

i dont believe staying in cc is the right thing. The competition is too diluted compared to indy, (drivers and how close the racing is). And indy will be bringing back the road courses progressivly but will remain with a majority of ovals and carp is good better on the ovals than on the street circuit.

hes also gonna get a better pay with the cheever gang.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1141491)   #56
jfly
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by FORMULA 1 RACER
i dont believe staying in cc is the right thing. The competition is too diluted compared to indy, (drivers and how close the racing is). And indy will be bringing back the road courses progressivly but will remain with a majority of ovals and carp is good better on the ovals than on the street circuit.

hes also gonna get a better pay with the cheever gang.
Hi F1,

yes, you're right that he'll get a better pay with Cheever but now it seems that they are in trouble now because Chevy wanna be out of IRL maybe this year. You're also right when you say that he is better on ovals than street racetracks but from his five wins four times he was the first who met checkered flag in road courses.

Once he said he didn't like ovals...

I don't think that IRL would be a good idea...
Old 31 Oct 2004, 20:13 (Ref:1141557)   #57
jfly
Rookie

Anybody knows how is Pat now?
Old 31 Oct 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1141615)   #58
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've looked around the web and I haven't seen any new articles on his condition, but I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1141852)   #59
jfly
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
I've looked around the web and I haven't seen any new articles on his condition, but I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Thanks Dov...

I've just read the chronicle of Tag on the site of Radio-Canada and he said that Pat is okay. They had a Halloween party Saturday in Las Vegas with Pat and his wife and their good friend Miguel Duhamel too. I hope it means really good.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1141975)   #60
FORMULA 1 RACER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by jfly
Hi F1,

yes, you're right that he'll get a better pay with Cheever but now it seems that they are in trouble now because Chevy wanna be out of IRL maybe this year. You're also right when you say that he is better on ovals than street racetracks but from his five wins four times he was the first who met checkered flag in road courses.

Once he said he didn't like ovals...

I don't think that IRL would be a good idea...

Indeed, he has had only one rather lucky victory on an oval at michigan in the past (anyone can win at michigan -if u know waht i mean). And one things for sure, in the end, the cart champioship car is a safer car than the indycar.

The crash might have made him realize that it would of hurt more had it been in a g-force chassis.

And the fact that cheever might be backing away from the IRL is another factor that should leave Pat with after-thoughts about joining the IRL.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1142110)   #61
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheever isn't backing away from the IRL...at Texas he said that he would be back with two cars, and possibly three next year, depending on how the various negotiations he is involved in shake out in November...

Also, Chevy currently has a contract for the 2005 season, and they recently said they are pleased with their gains and are looking forward to spending this winter on more improvements to the engine....

2005 might be their last in the IRL, but everything I've read says they will be back in 2005...

as will Cheever...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 1 Nov 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1142134)   #62
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't sound concrete to me. Until Cheever makes an official announement, we won't know what his real plans are.