Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 May 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1315938)   #51
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He never said that there was any illegal blocking Kirk. I think your blowing this out of Proportion. JVs comments do battle me though, so he thinks a slower car should let him pass?
Old 31 May 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1315941)   #52
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
....For him to react as he did, there must be a damn good reason for it. ....
For anything and everything, there is always a reson, point is whether that reason is the right one or not. And, I did not WITNESS the incidents, but if one were to post only if one has WITNESSED, then I am sorry to post something about JV, without witnessing it. Maybe you WITNESSED it, and maybe you have a better idea, and maybe you are right. Anyways, no hard feelings.

As I said earlier, I like JV a lot, and I wish him well, and would love to see him win, or atleast beat his team-mate fair and square like at Imola '05.
Old 31 May 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1315944)   #53
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Faster cars have to pass slower ones that are in front of them on the track. That's perhpas the most inherent feature of motor racing. Unless NK deliberately blocked him unfairly (and there's no suggestion of this), everythign was fair,a dn Narain certainly should be praised for racing hard against a much faster and more drive-able car as well as a more experiecned and arguably more gifted driver.
Old 31 May 2005, 16:21 (Ref:1315955)   #54
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Immediately after having finally overtaken Karthikeyan, Villeneuve spent 10 laps behind the *other* Jordan (until Monteiro made a pit stop).

So I do not believe that Villeneuve actually lost time because of Karthikeyan.
Old 31 May 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1315960)   #55
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Of course Jacques carrying all that fuel did not help his cause. In fact the 1st corner incident, then getting stuck like he did, ruined his strategy. He estimated 40 seconds was lost in that stint and I can imagine the frustration of following a rookie driver in an inferior Jordan trying to impress (and frankly trying to make up for some lack lustre performances of late). Meanwhile DC and Massa who were just ahead of him before the eventful 1st corner, are fighting with the top 4 or 5 soon thereafter.
Old 31 May 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1315983)   #56
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Of course Jacques carrying all that fuel did not help his cause. In fact the 1st corner incident, then getting stuck like he did, ruined his strategy. He estimated 40 seconds was lost in that stint and I can imagine the frustration of following a rookie driver in an inferior Jordan trying to impress (and frankly trying to make up for some lack lustre performances of late). Meanwhile DC and Massa who were just ahead of him before the eventful 1st corner, are fighting with the top 4 or 5 soon thereafter.
I think that Monteiro has *not* had lacklustre performances during that period.

Yet Villeneuve spent more time behind Monteiro than behind Karthikeyan ...
And he did not succeed in overtaking him.
Old 31 May 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1315997)   #57
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
He never said that there was any illegal blocking Kirk. I think your blowing this out of Proportion. JVs comments do battle me though, so he thinks a slower car should let him pass?
JV's quote: ...." I was not asking him just to let me by, but he didn't need to block me by breaking inside and pushing me off the track like he did."
Old 31 May 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1316095)   #58
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That quite strongly implies contact actually (pushing me off the track), but braking on the inside doesn't represent unfair contact in itself. Clearly Karthikeyan wasn't going much slower than the car's potential if Montiero was close enough ahead for JV to get stuck behind him immediately after passing NK, so I'd say this is a storm in a teacup.
Old 31 May 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1316147)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's interesting that JV complains of this incident at the Nurburgring. I mean how dare Karthikeyan have the crust to race him and fend him off! It beggars belief!

Still, Jacques must be frustrated. Two years ago, at the same track, he was struggling to break the Minardis in a BAR....