Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 28 Aug 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1695322)   #51
chewy pappas
Rookie

chewy pappas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jennifer,thanks for all your help.You seemed to be there a split second afterwards.Impressive.Drivers I dont think appreciate all you you guys until we need you,I know I didnt.I'll say thanks at the next outing if yous are there.(repair bills permitting)
Old 28 Aug 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1695326)   #52
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy pappas
You seemed to be there a split second afterwards.Impressive.
well you did demolish our post - believe me, we were already moving!!!!!

I was the rotund female marshal in front of you asking you all the silly questions like "do you know what date it is" "do you know where you are" etc.! We're now looking at updating the SAMPLE history to SAMPLED with the D being "Do you post on Ten-Tenths"

Glad you're ok - I'd actually checked with the medics afterwards just to see how you were doing, so I knew they'd cleared you, but good to see you here!

How's the car? Looked fairly unhappy when we hauled it out...
Old 28 Aug 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1695348)   #53
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy pappas
Jennifer,thanks for all your help.You seemed to be there a split second afterwards.Impressive.Drivers I dont think appreciate all you you guys until we need you,I know I didnt.I'll say thanks at the next outing if yous are there.(repair bills permitting)
No prob Ronan!! I take it you wont be out for the leinster trophy??
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1695426)   #54
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,
yeah, have to agree. FANTASTIC racing all day. Bernard Dolan was great to watch, still incredibly quick but falls off a little more than he used to!! I spoke to him in the pits and his eyes were all big and he was really animated about the race.....brilliant. Any opinions about the Moore/Dunne incident, heard there were some different opinions about it??
Jonathan McGall was great in the masters too, trying to hold onto Edgar till he spun at the chicane.
It's gonna make great TV
(And yes I am biased )
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1695445)   #55
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
Hi all,
Any opinions about the Moore/Dunne incident, heard there were some different opinions about it??
Can't comment on the incident for obvious reasons. However, I will say that Mr. Moore, despite being a VERY unhappy driver when he pulled off with us a couple of laps later, was an absolute gentleman!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1695448)   #56
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
Hi all,
Any opinions about the Moore/Dunne incident, heard there were some different opinions about it??
As i told mr moore yeasterday when he retired at colonial shouting the odds, we cant coment!! To me it looked like a racing incident one of which they were both very lucky to get away with!!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:23 (Ref:1695450)   #57
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni

As i told mr moore yeasterday when he retired at colonial shouting the odds, we cant coment!!
He was just having a general rant - and he did go out of his way to say thanks to us several times.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1695462)   #58
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Oh i no we all have a rant at some stage!!! He was a nice guy!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1695512)   #59
chewy pappas
Rookie

chewy pappas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How's the car? Looked fairly unhappy when we hauled it out... [/QUOTE]

Waiting to hear,but certainly 2 corners,nose box,possible upright.Bad enough but could have been worse.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1695521)   #60
Richard Young
Racer

Richard Young should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Good to see Ronan posting, and no we won't send you the bill for the marshalls post !
Just a quickie to say a big 'thank you' to everybody who helped to make the day such a success, from Seamas M (Your car turned into Henry Campbells I think ) to the guys on the gate, and not forgetting the sponsors, competitors, and even the spectators .Everybody played a blinder - even if the ambulance did roll on its way to the circuit !
Full marks to all in FF, and maybe a special mention for Jeremy McWilliams. He didn't really look like a guy having his first car race did he ? And Martin Donnelly of course, and Michael Devaney and....and....and. I could go on for days.
and....Just a reminder....This was the first year of a three year deal. Roll on '07.
and another thought, even if it's not FF. Stephen Colbert for World Champion ! That was the first-ever 100mph Kirkistown lap by a sports car, in case you hadn't noticed.....
Old 28 Aug 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1695796)   #61
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great racing, nice to watch from the outside for a change.

I think noel was on the other end of the stick this weekend looked like Ed had a bit of break fade nudge, nudge

Well done to Ivor looked like he had'nt a chance when Michael spun in front of them all, Great drive.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1696013)   #62
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great days racing guys, fantastic battles all the way through each of the races.

Well done to Keith Hogg on the Formula Vee win, I counted five cars that could have won coming out of hairpin on the last lap! Or should I say Autobahn?!

Once again, too many people to congratulate, so well done to everyone on the day!

Special thanks to Richard Young and all of the people at Kirkistown that worked so hard, your well on the way to putting your circuit on the map internationally! Well done!
Old 29 Aug 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1696167)   #63
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great days racing. Great crowd. Hopefully next year it will attract even more entries.

Can someone post the times if they have them? or point me to the right place on the web? I've checked mylaps.com and msttiming.com

Bernard Dolan looked pretty awesome... if only he could have kept it on the island, he would have been a contender! Great on the brakes and great out of the twisty bits. I hope he gets out again!!

Fair play to Ivor on the win. Drive of the final must go to young Kris Loane. Rory Farrell did pretty good too in his "historic" to finish 5th.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1696763)   #64
lear45xr
Rookie

Northern Ireland
lear45xr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excellent days racing but!!

excellent days racing, ff1600 final was a classic, hopefully more mainland drivers will come over next year. great to see martin junior racing. Great crowd largest i`ve seen at kirkistown for years (but how many actually paid their £10 in as it was brought to my attention that there was a lot of vip pass holders)
But should the joy rides in the ferrari not have been done in the lunch break!

Richard a few people had said to me about the state of the access road pot holes etc

a big well done to everyone
Old 29 Aug 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1696789)   #65
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear45xr
But should the joy rides in the ferrari not have been done in the lunch break!
Would have got my vote, and also throwing in a couple of joy rides for the marshals would have went down well too.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1696790)   #66
Séamas M.
Racer

Northern Ireland
Lurgan,County Armagh
Séamas M. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Young
.....Seamas M (Your car turned into Henry Campbells I think ) .....
You shouldn't have told me that, I might start saving up!!

A great day's racing, the best for me was the first MD heat.

Results for the FF races are here.

Can't wait for the TV programme.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1696845)   #67
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At last the Trophy season is here, nothing i like better than just going out there and going for it, no championship points to think about!

Great weekends racing and with the big heats it felt like a real festival. Hopefully the Northie lads can build on it and be even bigger next year. Also got a HUGE piece of crystal for winning pre 82 so thats in the cabinet

Couldn't believe it when i heard Tyndalls fly wheel shearing off what luck.

Next up the Leinster Trophy and with Ivor comming down to compete Athgoe better get warmed up
Old 29 Aug 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1696888)   #68
Point-5
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Point-5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great days racing - was a pity to see the final decided in the way it was though.

Maybe Mr Moore should pay his brake set up as much attention as he obviously does to his engine!!!

Bernard Dolan was mega in the Reynard - - all the way around the outside in the wet to take the lead at Colonial -- We just won't mention the following moment at Fishermans!!!
Old 29 Aug 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1697108)   #69
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
lol
Old 29 Aug 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1697170)   #70
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point-5
Bernard Dolan was mega in the Reynard - - all the way around the outside in the wet to take the lead at Colonial
Pure CLASS... and then turns left at Fishermans... Twice!!! Must have forgot how the track goes!!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1697382)   #71
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Young
Stephen Colbert for World Champion ! That was the first-ever 100mph Kirkistown lap by a sports car, in case you hadn't noticed.....
He was stunning through the chicane, just fantastic to watch......
As for the ambulance rolling, well I was coming down the coast road from Newtownards, and I wasn't hanging around (ahem), and I spotted the ambulance overtaking a van behind me. I passed a few slower cars and he was shaping up to do the same. That was the last i saw of him until I heard that the ambulance had rolled en route. I assumed I'd be blamed cos that's how it always happened when I raced Puntos!!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1697385)   #72
Richard Young
Racer

Richard Young should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah......So the ambulance was chasing you....? The driver must have heard the stories........
Old 30 Aug 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1697633)   #73
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
I've heard about Ambulance Chasers but Ambulance chasee?? That's ridiculous!! I thought they were trying to take me back to that padded cell so I kept the hammer down
Old 30 Aug 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1697640)   #74
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well there was a day a while back where Ray Quinn (Rescue crew chief and solicitor) was being tailgated by one of the Lifeline Ambulances on the way to Mondello.

Normally it's the lawyer that chases the ambulance!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1697736)   #75
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Well we already had night time camper racing at the Phoenix Park, so maybe we could have a concurrently run ambulance series???
Maybe they could run in roadsports Richard???