Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Sep 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1708369)   #51
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
The Rollcentre and Eclipse Moslers looked good in the gloom of the fog, such bright colours, you could make them out quite clearly, yet the best paint scheme was the #77 Civic, the chequer pattern really showing up an the night.
we took the mick out of Lynchy as he raced back from a gig in Doncaster to get in the car in the early hours only to have to sit behind a pace car for close to 3 hours!!! We was singing and telling jokes over the radio so he was still in good spirits.

If you have access to www.dailysportscar.com they have really good images even a good pick of Shane in the fog/smog
Old 11 Sep 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1708373)   #52
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim69
If anybody has any pics of the 25 Falcon, I would love to see them. I was helping to look after the car and never had the chance to take any pics.
However the whole team were over the moon when the car finished, despite having to change a clutch during the night. The event was brilliant, cant wait to do it again.
You might check out www.mg-lola.com, where there's a report on the Falcon's race with a fair spread of photos. The link is from the News page. Mike Newton, Thomas Erdos and Adam Wiseberg are more usually associated with the RML MG in the Le Mans Series, but got together with Philippe Hensault for the Britcar 24 - but as a member of the team, you'd know that of course!
Old 12 Sep 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1708418)   #53
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Thanks, Steve, but I'm curious that someone from 'over the pond' is so interested in this event (that's great by the way!) or are you an ex-pat?
I actually followed the radio broadcast and DSC coverage too, and I am on wrong side of the pond and not an ex-pat, not my generation or the one before anyway.

Can't get enough of 24 hour races and this event, with the mixture of cars is interesting. Much like the early days of IMSA, with the variety of makes and prep levels. Also had to follow that BMW, which is stunning in that livery and it collected a convincing victory.

robert
Old 12 Sep 2006, 01:23 (Ref:1708440)   #54
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was fun following the race on the net (radio-stream), but I wish I could find a list of drivers (entry list or something). Live timing was cool.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 06:38 (Ref:1708529)   #55
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
Can't get enough of 24 hour races and this event, with the mixture of cars is interesting. Much like the early days of IMSA, with the variety of makes and prep levels. Also had to follow that BMW, which is stunning in that livery and it collected a convincing victory. robert
Robert, great! All good reasons there! Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

Fiorentino, I think there were quite a few late entries because even the programme had gaps in its entry list. There were also driver line up changes. I certainly haven't yet found a detailed listing of all the cars and drivers.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1708582)   #56
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a copy of the official entry list, post programme that was available in Race control, can't e-mail it but could post copies.
I am sure Britcar would supply copies also if asked.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1708583)   #57
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
we took the mick out of Lynchy as he raced back from a gig in Doncaster to get in the car in the early hours only to have to sit behind a pace car for close to 3 hours!!! We was singing and telling jokes over the radio so he was still in good spirits.

If you have access to www.dailysportscar.com they have really good images even a good pick of Shane in the fog/smog
was his response "thanks Boss!"? or a case of give as he got? Must be awful 3 hours behind the Safety Car and in fog - I think I heard the expression "..like 3 hours in the M1 contraflow"
Old 12 Sep 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1708593)   #58
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
can anyone tell me who was involved with the mazda teams, i was at the rachel green accident and was wondering how she was?
I spoke to her at the back of her pits soon afterwards, and she said she was fine, if a little stiff, but even then was hopefull of getting back out later, which of course they did.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1708658)   #59
Ockside
Rookie

Ockside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a race! There were so many highs and lows for our mazda team. Getting all the cars to finish was brilliant. Couldnt believe when the 98 car went end with 20mins to go and then having to push it up half the pit lane. Another high was just to see our 97 car make it out again after its terrible crash during the night. If anyone has any pics of the 97 car with itsdamage please post it up. Well done to all the teams that finished and hopefully see everyone back next year.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1708737)   #60
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ockside, Excellent work to get the #97 back out, I saw the team working on the car in the scrutineering bay sometime in the wee hours. I should be able to post some pics tonight
Old 12 Sep 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1708798)   #61
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ockside
I have three good shots showing the damage to a silver Mazda, but it has a number 7 on the door!!
Can't be your car I suppose?

Send e-mail address for copies.

Bob
Old 12 Sep 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1708808)   #62
jase
Veteran

Only 3 Mazda's in the race, and only 0ne Silver one at that.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1709000)   #63
bauble
Veteran

England
A bit of a sense of humour shortgage here. 97 on a dented door becomes number 7.
Are you sure there was only ONE silver Mazda? I know I saw several silver cars.

Amazing!!
Old 12 Sep 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1709142)   #64
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
big thanks to everybody involved in the race and radio le mans for the coverage, thank you. Some great pictures in here too.
I really regreting not going (not that i had the choice, car crash on the thursday before) Radio Le mans and the living timing were great as an alternative though.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1709156)   #65
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
A bit of a sense of humour shortgage here. 97 on a dented door becomes number 7.
I realise that, but just to put things inthe frame, I was media-ing for the weekend, I woke at 6am saturday, drove to the track, in total caught a total amount of "sleep" of 1 hour in numerous 5 minute catnaps, went to bed at 1am Monday. I'm a little tired, perhaps you should use a once or twice.

Quote:
Are you sure there was only ONE silver Mazda? I know I saw several silver cars.

Amazing!!
Silver cars and Silver Mazda, different diferentiations there.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 00:44 (Ref:1709281)   #66
SteveT
Rookie

United States
Rockville, MD USA
SteveT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Thanks, Steve, but I'm curious that someone from 'over the pond' is so interested in this event (that's great by the way!) or are you an ex-pat?
John,

I'm a BMW owner and fan of the racing program. I've been very interested to watch the new Z4 M Coupe go together and the delays in it's first race have made it even more tantalizing. I found the live commentary and timing to be very enjoyable and informative to follow. I also follow the ALMS broadcasts. I'll be heading to Petit LeMans in a couple of weeks myself to watch PTG run the M3's there. It will be interesting to see where the Duller car is run next and when others are completed. Hopefully we'll see them on this side of the pond soon. Now that I know about the Britcar races I'll check on what's going on. Thanks again John.

Steve Tenney
Old 13 Sep 2006, 07:24 (Ref:1709363)   #67
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Steve, both you and Robert (skycafe) have provided great reasons for your interest and it's really great to see that it comes from so far away.

I'll put a few more pics up later if of any further interest. I don't think I got the whole field of cars, but any requests?
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1709404)   #68
bauble
Veteran

England
jase,

No offence intended, it was just that when I first went through my pictures looking for the Mazda I a bit suprise to see it was number 7 not 97! A closer look revealed the truth - badly dented door hiding the 9. It was all meant in jest, jase.

I'm sure that your sense of humour will return after a good night's sleep, but I admire your dedication, I went home for a kip, which considering the foggy period was probably a good decision.

Kind regards,

Bob.

PS; Sorry for the crack about silver cars - it was out of order.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1709467)   #69
Cliff3
Rookie

United States
Livermore, CA
Cliff3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
John, I enjoyed following the race via the Internet stream and timing information. Steve mentioned the race and this site over on a BMW enthusiasts site of which we're both members. My Z4 M Coupe is on a train en route to (eventually) my dealer, so the campaigning of this car by the Duller team is of great interest to me. I attend several races each year out here in California, most recently the Monterey Historics last month, and the Grand Am race in May out at Laguna Seca.

Cliff Oates
Old 13 Sep 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1709531)   #70
jase
Veteran

Quote:
jase,

No offence intended,
None taken. Finally got some sleep last night, Need loads more.

I will soon have my gallery updated, but for now:

Last edited by jase; 13 Sep 2006 at 12:18.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1709568)   #71
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff3
My Z4 M Coupe is on a train en route to (eventually) my dealer, so the campaigning of this car by the Duller team is of great interest to me. I attend several races each year out here in California, most recently the Monterey Historics last month, and the Grand Am race in May out at Laguna Seca.

Cliff Oates
Cliff, you lucky chap; enjoy! When you get it, what about telling us about it on the Road Car forum?

Noting that you attended the Monterey Historics, it would be excellent if you posted on the Historic Racing Today forum, particularly since I'm trying to get some threads on North Amercan Historic race meetings started.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1709572)   #72
Cliff3
Rookie

United States
Livermore, CA
Cliff3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cliff, you lucky chap; enjoy! When you get it, what about telling us about it on the Road Car forum?

Noting that you attended the Monterey Historics, it would be excellent if you posted on the Historic Racing Today forum, particularly since I'm trying to get some threads on North Amercan Historic race meetings started.
FWIW, I did post some photos and a gallery link over in the photography forum. And I'll be glad to give a quick impression and post some photos of the car once I get it. My drive home will probably be along the California Coast Highway, so there will be several photo opportunities as I struggle with the need to respect the break in process on a killer sports car route..

Last edited by Cliff3; 13 Sep 2006 at 13:45.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1709578)   #73
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

[QUOTE=jase]I realise that, but just to put things inthe frame, I was media-ing for the weekend, I woke at 6am saturday, drove to the track, in total caught a total amount of "sleep" of 1 hour in numerous 5 minute catnaps, went to bed at 1am Monday. I'm a little tired, perhaps you should use a once or twice.

QUOTE]

OHHHHHHH I've missed all this *****iness since i've become a foriegn driver lol

Hello Jase, hello all

MP
Old 13 Sep 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1709585)   #74
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another great 24 Hour race, despite the long safety car period, and me locking my keys in my car...
Pictures are coming online :

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/2006gallery.htm
Old 13 Sep 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1709623)   #75
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Another great 24 Hour race, despite the long safety car period, and me locking my keys in my car...
Pictures are coming online :

http://www.mdh-photography.co.uk/2006gallery.htm
Did you have two RAC vans help get into your car near the burger van on outside of the track?