Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Oct 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1752067)   #51
Firefox
Rookie

England
kilton meynes
Firefox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you enjoyed your day. We hope you come back next year, we need the younger legs to run around for us. You must try VSCC next year.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1752086)   #52
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very enjoyable meeting, nice people on post 1, good racing, Thank you 750 club for organising the event, for the breakfast and the raffle prize.
Certainly a club that values the marshals and it shows.
Hope to be back next year.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 19:08 (Ref:1752102)   #53
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting; some good racing and interesting cars, nice people on post at Maggotts, the loan of a pair of overalls, breakfast voucher and a win in the raffle. All very much appreciated.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1752131)   #54
DavidBritainUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
DavidBritainUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A nice end to my season for 2006. Great racing, no rain (must be Pete's magic wand!), and a free breakfast. Thanks to the team at Brooklands, you were good company. See you all next year (at training day).
Old 28 Oct 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1752132)   #55
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a ball! Everything a good club meet should be. Who cares who won? Huge variety of cars, bigger variety of racing lines... Everyone playing fair and waving to the marshals at the end. Eyes still out on stalks from blue flagging - fantastic fun. Only criticism, it could have been warmer!

Great stuff, folks, thanks 750MC for the organisation, superb meeting and £5 for breakfast too. Good company on post too.

I've just had my highlight of the year.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1752150)   #56
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Swallow
What a day we had, was great racing but there was only 3 of us all together 2 OBS and 1 Flag, we just mucked in with everything Time flew by. the weather was kind to us no wet stuff. See you next year
Old 28 Oct 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1752255)   #57
Short Circuit
Rookie

England
Lincolnshire
Short Circuit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spent the day in pit lane. what a great way to end the season. A big thanks to all the teams who offered refreshments throughout the day.

Keep up the good work 750!
Old 28 Oct 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1752257)   #58
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was a great day.

I thought a 6 hour race would drag on, but the constant mix of cars going past all the time was fantastic! A great way to run down the season and I finally came away with a raffle prize!!

Thanks for a great season 750mc, see you next season!
Old 28 Oct 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1752268)   #59
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks to jason and all on becketts for great day to much running though my young legs aren;t used to that will be back hopefully next not running poorly on the red energy drink
Old 28 Oct 2006, 22:39 (Ref:1752273)   #60
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was that you? You must be the one who moved for me to get past while the safety car was out and I was heading back from the gents. I was flagging at Maggots. I'd have said hello properly if I'd known.

You lot kept hiding behind the bank while I was flagging so I had no idea if I was supposed to have the flag out still or not! (Not your fault, the visibility from Maggots to Beckets is appalling).
Old 29 Oct 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1752600)   #61
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sincere thanks to all marshals for the Birkett!
Exceptionally swift removal of the various car residues (both material and liquid). An even quicker response when that (?) Mallock went sideways across the access point opposite the pits. Never seen a marshal leap higher or faster!
John
(For the Spitfire Squadron)
Old 29 Oct 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1752611)   #62
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
well a be lated hello lol was wierd having cars coming from in front and behind
Old 29 Oct 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1752628)   #63
AndyV
Racer

England
Somerset, where the cider apples grow
AndyV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you very much to all the marshalls on the Birkett from the 'Sports Six Pack' team. The flaggies must have arms of steel after all the waving of blue and yellow flags.

Thanks also to the recovery truck that swiftly and sympatheticaly picked up both mine and my team mates Spitfires after we freakily snapped driveshafts within minutes of each other (despite having imported the "bombproof" items from the US).

A great event that showcased the best of UK club motorsport on both sides of the armco.

Cheers
AndyV (and team mates Steve, Nigel, Jon, Stacky, Dave)

Last edited by AndyV; 29 Oct 2006 at 12:12.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1752791)   #64
pmoloney
Racer

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
pmoloney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou too from my team with the 4 BMW M3's. I was a little concerned about the speed differential but I'm glad to say that we finished a respectable 6th with one casualty at Copse in 6 solid hours of hard driving. The day was run very professionally and efficiently, so thanks once again!

Paul
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1752841)   #65
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really had a good day bumbling around the paddock & pit lane saying "hello" to people. Made a change not being in orange, but I did miss not flagging such a race. Congratulations to 750 for such a smoothly run event. Even the weather was better than forecast.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1752883)   #66
B and H
Rookie

United Kingdom
Buckingham
B and H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the recovery trucks at the Birkett Six Hour Relay, we just wanted to say that we really enjoyed the day. In particular we would like to say thank you to the 'Sports Six Pack' team, whose two Triumph Spitfires we bizarrely collected in quick succession, having both encountered exactly the same problem. (Trying to drive on three wheels), not least for giving us a bottle of champagne which we thoroughly enjoyed!!! As usual a well organised event, with lots of cars and action and clearly popular with teams, marshals and spectators. Looking forward to the Walter Hayes next week. PS Best wishes to JCBs Rule - hope you enjoyed your sleep.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1753013)   #67
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
A very big thanks to all the marshals from The Grunties. We had a superb day due in a big way to the excellent marshalling. I have to sympathise with any of you who have RSI of the blue flag waving arm, but rest assured it doesn't half make life easier out on track. Nice one
Old 29 Oct 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1753023)   #68
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Big thanks from Julian, Andy and myself for a great day and the 6 hours just flew by for us too. Also thank you to all the competitors for driving so well, observing the flag signals (99% of the time ) and just entering into the spirit of what is one of the best events of the year. Julian and I are both doing the WHT next weekend, so we'll see some of you again there.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1753055)   #69
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_nut
thanks to jason and all on becketts for great day to much running though my young legs aren;t used to that will be back hopefully next not running poorly on the red energy drink
So that was you consuming cans of strange fluids under my box...
Old 29 Oct 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1753125)   #70
Startline Ed
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Startline Ed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks to all the drivers and all the start/pits people. Had a great time, great atmosphere amongst all the teams. Many thanks to the RAF team for their hospitality and apologies to the Six Pack guys as I had to come see you several times in quick succession due to the broken Spitfires, etc.
I imagine you must have thought of me as some sort of a bad omen by the end of the day.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1753128)   #71
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
So that was you consuming cans of strange fluids under my box...
had to drink something wasn't the racing but the lack of sleep the night before that did it.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1753296)   #72
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anybody else who visited the RAFMSA team pit garage notice the high quality aerial photos of the circuit that they had? I challenged them as to how much tax-payers money they had cost but was assured that they just got them off the internet! I expect that they had 'borrowed' a satellite or sent up a Nimrod to monitor their cars around the track too...
Old 30 Oct 2006, 07:39 (Ref:1753300)   #73
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just be glad there wasn't a Bloodhound missile unit to take out any close opposition.

Go to Google Earth and search for Silverstone - the detail on the picture is awe inspiring.

JOhn
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1753343)   #74
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyV
Thanks also to the recovery truck that swiftly and sympatheticaly picked up both mine and my team mates Spitfires after we freakily snapped driveshafts within minutes of each other (despite having imported the "bombproof" items from the US).
That would be here - http://media.putfile.com/Runaway-Wheel - would it?

Thanks to all the marshals - see you at the 8 Clubs next week (should have just left my car at Silverstone...)
Old 30 Oct 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1753405)   #75
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats the one I saw. Was at Copse Exit watching it all happen. It was pretty exciting from where we were standing, it must have certainly been scary from where you were sitting!