Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Mar 2007, 07:45 (Ref:1856126)   #51
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, still not enough mention of the battles going on down the feild, but that isn't any different to anyone else, the best action is not always at the front, we need to be kept informed about the front and see it regularly, though.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 07:46 (Ref:1856127)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was TKR in the race today? #7 didnt tell me they were
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Mar 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1856129)   #53
v8race1
Racer

v8race1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing wrong with it for me GTR, I found it humourous to say the least, but for prime time tv some wowser may make a molehill out of it....if I was in the same circumstances I would have offered a whole lot more 'advise'..
Old 3 Mar 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1856136)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8race1
Nothing wrong with it for me GTR, I found it humourous to say the least, but for prime time tv some wowser may make a molehill out of it....if I was in the same circumstances I would have offered a whole lot more 'advise'..
Ignoring the profanity for a second... it is a lot better to hear something from the driver other than "Oookkkkaaaayyyyy"

#7 can time delay this stuff if they want to, I mean the BigPond broadcast was a few seconds behind #7
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Mar 2007, 08:50 (Ref:1856164)   #55
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I beleive it was broadcast "can you f-ing hang on a minute" when the engineer was giving him instructions on the radio.

Was the race broadcast live-live ? or delayed-live aka. Channel seriously??
Old 3 Mar 2007, 08:54 (Ref:1856166)   #56
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
I thought it was a very good job just as it was with Ch10 last year.
I thought it was better....not too much bulldust segments and they mostly managed to follow all the action......must have been the Bill Woods influence over at Ten.

BUT....they have to get rid of those ex-Robin Williams "Mork from Ork" spacesuits

Murray Walker looked and sounded chipper
Old 3 Mar 2007, 09:05 (Ref:1856172)   #57
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would have been much better if the "positions banner" running across the bottom didn't have to be withdrawn when it lost the plot! Very difficult to follow back in the pack after that. Why can't they have a continuos line running like Nascar.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 10:13 (Ref:1857089)   #58
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycourier
For the love of God, I pray Channel 7's coverage of the v8's is a much higher standard than the AFL last night.... Poor framing of commentry, listenting to Bruce McAvaney and Tim Watson speaking to the audience like they are 5 year olds, and no background effects... simple beats playing in the background of team line ups and stuff like that.. I'd rather watch live timing than put up with a v8 telecast like that. C'mon Cromley, do the v8 fans proud, hopefully their production will keep up with his high standard.

I could not agree more and its exactly the message I was intending to post... you only saved me the trouble.

Boring commentary, misuse of long lens technology and poor sound effects - and that's a critique against the AFL coverage. Ch 7 have definitely lost their way since Ch 9 stole the AFL coverage from them.

As far as the telecast today is concerned, not detracting from commentators Neil Crompton and Co. but the V8SC race coverage reminded me of the same amateurish AFL coverage. Note to Ch 7: Focus on getting the close-up shots up to the standards set by Ch9 and Ch10.

As for the commentary, I have to cut Grant Denyer, Mark Beretta some slack as they can only improve from the first race of the year.

Just some constructive thoughts...
Old 3 Mar 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1857091)   #59
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
What was wrong with Rusty telling his engineer to STFU as he was rather busy??
That was quite funny... but probing deeper into the reason for Russell's 'unexpected' outburst, I'd say the well paid Russell is definitely feeling the pressure atm given his teammate has far better car speed.

JC is definitely a boon for SBR and should be great to watch this year. With a bit of luck he would have won today... but kudos to him for keeping his head and thinking of tomorrow's race. His definitely matured in the past 12 months.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1857117)   #60
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to seven's scrolling ticker tape race update, there was 2 Courtneys, 2 Murphys, and Marcus Marshall was racing. VERY bodgey, so bad they stopped showing it.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1857130)   #61
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
channel #7 did well i liked how they showed the utes and the carrera cup as apposed to ramble on for the hour or so to the race #10 used to but i will reserve full judgement until the sprint rounds when the AFL is on, but so far very good.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1857142)   #62
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some are complaining about the race footage, but wasn't part of the deal that VESA took care of all of that ala Formula1? I.e., they provided all the race footage while Seven provided the overlays, commentators and pit 'walks'?
Old 3 Mar 2007, 12:30 (Ref:1857150)   #63
Pudlea
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast
Pudlea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nado
Some are complaining about the race footage, but wasn't part of the deal that VESA took care of all of that ala Formula1? I.e., they provided all the race footage while Seven provided the overlays, commentators and pit 'walks'?
I think it is a VESA man in control of a 7 crew. Seven then use that footage plus their overlays, commentary and interviews, etc to produce the show. Best way to describe it would be a 7 production with a VESA controlling hand.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1857153)   #64
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nado
My criticism was leveled at Ch 7 for similar reasons in relation to both the AFL and V8Supercar coverage. I'm sure VESA can't cop flak for the AFL...
Old 3 Mar 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1857164)   #65
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am wondering if any picked up on this, 8 laps to go, close racing, RK catching up to james and Todd, next we are off to advert break. This is also typical with the other major sports, getting close ad break. While we were away,bloggs pass bloggs for the lead, or freddy scored another try , or fav kicked a goal from 60 mtrs out. SOS. Pay anyone $$$ and do what you like.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 14:21 (Ref:1857182)   #66
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the coverage was okay, not ground breaking but the production was ****e. Almost every intro to a break was miss-timed ... poor old Matthew White would read out the top 5 to lead to the add but the coverage would hang so he would have to read down to 8 or 12 or 7... annoying. We still watched the top couple of cars most of the race so nothing has really changed.

The ticker was a farce.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1857260)   #67
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of you are forgetting that it is V8SupercarTV who are doing the telecast, not Channel 7.

All Seven are doing is effectively just playing the tape (and paying for the footage provided).

The AFL coverage though as far as i know is all done by 7. Completely different to how the V8 coverage is done.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 21:51 (Ref:1857409)   #68
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that for the "first time" it was a damn fine performace, it was almost seamless, sure Daniel Gibson my needs to think a little more carefully about hisquestios, but a bloody good effort. I hope this continues for the remainder of the contract with 7.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 23:23 (Ref:1857467)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
I thought that for the "first time" it was a damn fine performace, it was almost seamless, sure Daniel Gibson my needs to think a little more carefully about hisquestios, but a bloody good effort. I hope this continues for the remainder of the contract with 7.
If he doesnt improve the line of questioning... he might become familiar with thr ground and/or become persona non grata in the pit garages...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Mar 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1857482)   #70
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More motor racing and less magazine, a good improvement.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1857524)   #71
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am absolutely rapt that the supports being included again, like the old days (when 7 had great footage).

A couple of incidents & place changes were missed, but my only real gripe was the placings on the bottom of the screen were WWWAAAYYYYY off - I didn't know Marshall & Evangelou were still in the series???

But otherwise, pretty darn happy
Old 4 Mar 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1857530)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
Am absolutely rapt that the supports being included again, like the old days (when 7 had great footage).

A couple of incidents & place changes were missed, but my only real gripe was the placings on the bottom of the screen were WWWAAAYYYYY off - I didn't know Marshall & Evangelou were still in the series???

But otherwise, pretty darn happy
Needed footage of Bernie Haehnle in his "Famous Toledo Tools" Formula Vee for it to be complete
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Mar 2007, 00:38 (Ref:1857536)   #73
Rick76
Rookie

Rick76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the 7 telecast was pretty dodgy but I must be in the minority.

Too many ads too often, dodgy sound levels (up/down), a bit of dodgy direction and camera work.... and Beretta was useless.

Certainly no better than 10 but ok for a first attempt.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 00:55 (Ref:1857545)   #74
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick76

Too many ads too often, dodgy sound levels (up/down), a bit of dodgy direction and camera work.... and Beretta was useless.

Strangely enough I agree with you. I was unsure if it was only Southern Cross who inserted so many ads. The first couple of ad breaks in Darwin where 4 mins and 3 3/4 mins each, then we had a couple of short ones and then back to longer ones.

I thought the coverage made the race relatively boring.
Old 4 Mar 2007, 01:03 (Ref:1857551)   #75
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick76

I tend to agree with you a little, yes there was a fair bit of add breaks but they were quick add breaks not like CH10 45 min breaks, plus I thought that the lighting section of the telecast was all over the place.

But as I said before they did a great job and was better than CH10 10 years. And it looks like they have made Crash Bandicoot there favourite driver, well that's there first mistake.

Last edited by TSR; 4 Mar 2007 at 01:06.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish