Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Dec 2023, 12:10 (Ref:4189115)   #726
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Nice, pretty obvious Smiley is among drivers. Wonder who gets the second seat. Could it be the likes of Lloyd or Patterson?
Hopefully Thompson or Lloyd
Old 15 Dec 2023, 12:11 (Ref:4189116)   #727
Matt_123
Rookie

Matt_123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice, pretty obvious Smiley is among drivers. Wonder who gets the second seat. Could it be the likes of Lloyd or Patterson?
I think it should be one of the HARD castoffs, as theyre experienced with the car, and can bring good funding. I'd expect it to be Patterson if i had to choose one - however it could be any of them
Old 15 Dec 2023, 12:13 (Ref:4189117)   #728
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bits from Autosport: https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...olds/10558171/

“Moffat, who drove for the One Motorsport Honda team in 2023, is believed to be on the driver market for a seat with an established squad next season, but series insiders have suggested that his and Boardley’s TBLs will be in use.”

“The other question relates to the fate of Thompson and Lloyd, Team Hard’s standout drivers from 2023. Both benefited at Hard this season from the presence of leading lights from the old Team Dynamics, with veteran technical chief Barry Plowman engineering Thompson, Tom Hunt looking after Lloyd, and three-time champion Matt Neal in an advisory role.

Thompson said that this trio could move with him to an existing team in the series.
“At the moment I’m fully confident we’ll be there,” Thompson told Autosport. “I’m working very closely with the guys at Team Dynamics – Matt and Bazza.
“We’re just trying to make it happen, but nothing’s set in stone yet.”

“Lloyd, who came within a mile of his fourth BTCC victory at Donington in August before driveshaft failure pitched him on the road, has a history with Smiley and the Taylors, but is understood not to be in the frame for the second Restart seat.

“Honestly I’m not sure,” said Lloyd. “I’ve known about it [the demise of Team Hard] for weeks and we’re looking at other options, but the budgets are so difficult.
“It’s tough, but I’m trying to piece things together.”

So sounding more positive for Thompson than Lloyd from this.
Old 15 Dec 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4189119)   #729
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I don’t think there was much substance to those rumours?
"Multiple Manufacturers " really? Like who? Isn't that one of the timebombs facing BTCC?
Old 15 Dec 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4189123)   #730
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Matt neal was hoping for a return and had multiple sponsors and manufacturers approach him?

"multiple sponsors and manufacturers approach him"?

Wherever did you hear that from? It was his loss of sponsors that made the team withdraw.
Old 15 Dec 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4189125)   #731
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Restart confirm Smiley and two Cupras.

https://www.btcc.net/2023/12/15/chri...estart-racing/

Nice to have a new team in the series and to have Smiley back. Shame Team HARD have gone, say what you like about them, they did give opportunities to more than a few drivers
Old 15 Dec 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4189126)   #732
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post

Wherever did you hear that from? It was his loss of sponsors that made the team withdraw.
No idea what the circumstances are but you can have lot of sponsors and still not have the budget to race. Losing the likes of Halfords or Yuasa or Cataclean is a different matter.
Old 15 Dec 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4189127)   #733
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I was hoping we’d see Dynamics again in 2024, but sadly it doesn’t look like happening. Pity really, a great name to the series
Old 15 Dec 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4189132)   #734
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post

He said it himself when we fount out they they wasn’t going to be 2023 season
Old 15 Dec 2023, 17:04 (Ref:4189152)   #735
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
"Multiple Manufacturers " really? Like who? Isn't that one of the timebombs facing BTCC?
Must've been Kia and Volvo
Old 15 Dec 2023, 18:51 (Ref:4189165)   #736
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Seems like death by a thousand cuts for the BTCC.

Hybrid cost/complexity/unreliability, Team Dynamics, Ginetta, Team Hard, TCR UK, Gows stubbornness, cost of drives, difficulty getting sponsorship, expensive ticket prices.

Will be interesting to see the announcements over the next couple of months.
Team HARD goes down and you're talking about the death of the entire series?!
Old 15 Dec 2023, 20:10 (Ref:4189171)   #737
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Must've been Kia and Volvo
Can’t be Volvo - they have stopped importing cars. Just SUV’s now . And before anyone starts I know I am being pedantic !
Old 15 Dec 2023, 23:01 (Ref:4189177)   #738
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So we have the remnants of BTC Racing MK1 (PMR), mk2 (One) and now the latest incarnation. Yes I know it's a different name.
Old 15 Dec 2023, 23:32 (Ref:4189181)   #739
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I was hoping we’d see Dynamics again in 2024, but sadly it doesn’t look like happening. Pity really, a great name to the series
They could always return by using someone else's TBL. That's how Hard ran 6 cars. Perhaps we've not seen the last of them yet....
Old 16 Dec 2023, 02:14 (Ref:4189192)   #740
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's been written on these pages quite a few times that one team or another have returned their TBL/s to TOCA. I've often wondered whether TOCA reimbursed those teams when they returned the TBLs; does anyone know the answer?

And if the TBLs are returned and TOCA does reimburse the team, is the3 amount returned the same as was paid initially or what the price is/was at the later date when returned?
Old 16 Dec 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4189208)   #741
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I don't think TOCA have ever public stated what the initial cost of the TBL was, or if there even was a cost. My assumption has always been that at best it was a nominal value, something like £1.
Old 16 Dec 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4189209)   #742
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
They could always return by using someone else's TBL. That's how Hard ran 6 cars. Perhaps we've not seen the last of them yet....
Good point. Just because they haven't appeared on the TBL list doesn't mean they can't acquire someone else's
Old 16 Dec 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4189211)   #743
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I don't think TOCA have ever public stated what the initial cost of the TBL was, or if there even was a cost. My assumption has always been that at best it was a nominal value, something like £1.

If this is definitive, then it makes claims that a TBL is a financial asset for a team a bit of a nonsense.
Old 16 Dec 2023, 10:56 (Ref:4189217)   #744
Toyotat112
Rookie

Toyotat112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
Believe me, they will never be returning to a paddock ever again.
Old 16 Dec 2023, 11:17 (Ref:4189220)   #745
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotat112 View Post
Believe me, they will never be returning to a paddock ever again.

And you know this, how?
Old 16 Dec 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4189224)   #746
Toyotat112
Rookie

Toyotat112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
And you know this, how?
It’s obvious, isn’t it?
Old 16 Dec 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4189232)   #747
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotat112 View Post
It’s obvious, isn’t it?
Maybe to you. Perhaps they won't return to BTCC depending on how many (if any) bridges were burned but it's a bit of a stretch to say they will never be in a paddock again.
Old 16 Dec 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4189247)   #748
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
If this is definitive, then it makes claims that a TBL is a financial asset for a team a bit of a nonsense.
I never claimed it was definitive, it's just my understanding / best guess. TOCA have never publicly declared a value, but then there's a lot of things they don't declare publicly.

It has a value in the sense that it is sellable commodity. If a new team wants to join the grid, or an existing team want to increase the number of cars they run, the the only option is to buy a TBL from another team. It's value is purely what someone else is prepared to pay for it. If no new teams want to join the grid then it has no value. I don't think anyone has ever claimed it would be financial asset that would be included in your ledgers, as least not for any more than a nominal value.
Old 16 Dec 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4189249)   #749
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Redshoes, I did say "if".
Old 16 Dec 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4189253)   #750
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Maybe to you. Perhaps they won't return to BTCC depending on how many (if any) bridges were burned but it's a bit of a stretch to say they will never be in a paddock again.
Having an idea of the extent of the debts, and knowing how many bridges have been burnt, I'd say a BTCC return is definitely out of the question. I'd be very surprised if Tony is seen in a paddock again.