Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jan 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2376440)   #826
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driving into trouble: Aston warns it may breach bank covenants
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5536941.ece
Old 23 Jan 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2377473)   #827
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I really don;t see DR getting in with the only bankrupt Kuwaitis!
Old 26 Jan 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2379946)   #828
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I have heard, I don't think we will have too much longer to wait before we hear what Aston Martin are up too....
Old 26 Jan 2009, 23:45 (Ref:2380038)   #829
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

WAWAWIIIWA

Quote:
The new car which is based on the 2008 Charouz Racing System Lola will be powered by the same production-based Aston Martin V12 engine which, last year, helped Aston Martin secure its second successive Le Mans GT1 title with the DBR9.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2380044)   #830
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent news! Will be fantastic seeing Aston Martin taking the fight to the diesels.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:08 (Ref:2380056)   #831
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YESSIR, THATS MY BABY!

Excellent news, at last she is revealed. Very impressive little lady
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2380062)   #832
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aston Martin Racing Lola B09/AMRP1 V12 ??

L.P.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2380066)   #833
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Holy sh!t
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2380069)   #834
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Richards added that AMR have filed three entries for the 24 Hours, but that plans for a third car are far from finalised.

"We have the first test at Paul Ricard at the beginning of March, we will enter two cars in each of the Le Mans rounds, and we will have a test programme throughout the year," he said.

"There is the hope that we will run a third car at Le Mans, and we have actually entered three cars, but the third car is not yet a certainty."
Why Harold Primat?

Paying the bills, is he?

I hope they will get funding for the third car, though
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:40 (Ref:2380085)   #835
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely brilliant news! With a new car from Audi, up to three works Astons, the Peugeots etc LM09 is going to be a vintage race. 6+ cars from 3 marques all with a shot at victory will be something else.

Mind you I am concerned about just how much of a threat to the diesels this project will be. The drivers are pretty solid, but against the likes of TK & McNish over 24 hours...? I also wonder how much development the car will recieve over the B08/60, even with the Diesels being pegged back a little this year I'm not convinced that they will have the outright pace of Peugeot (or Audi, assuming the R15 is a considerable step forwards).

Also great to hear that they will compete the whole LMS series as well, I would be very disappointed to miss out on seeing AMR compete in P1 at Silverstone.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:48 (Ref:2380092)   #836
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Richards added that AMR have filed three entries for the 24 Hours, but that plans for a third car are far from finalised.

"We have the first test at Paul Ricard at the beginning of March, we will enter two cars in each of the Le Mans rounds, and we will have a test programme throughout the year," he said.

"There is the hope that we will run a third car at Le Mans, and we have actually entered three cars, but the third car is not yet a certainty."

Quote:
I hope they will get funding for the third car, though.
The third car exists. It's only a question of getting the third entry from ACO and race funding. (January 15th report below.)

Quote:
Le Sarthe, then Oblivion?

Murphy’s been told that three coupes on the build floor at Huntingdon are indeed for the Gaydon, Warwickshire builder of iconic automobiles. Two are certainly being equipped with V12s having cores of Teutonic design and head covers emblazoned with the famous wing logo. The third may be the same. All three will go from Huntingdon to France in June for the classic in La Sarthe, thence straight into the dark garages of the oligarchs who have financed them.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2380096)   #837
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
I know it exists, but it should race and not just stand as spareparts
Old 27 Jan 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2380108)   #838
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Q & A with David Richards

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73010

"Maybe" races in ALMS later in the year. Regarding Sebring, decision to go for this was made too late but apparently it was included in the plans initially. Also question about future (after 2009) but no clear answer.

Last edited by deggis; 27 Jan 2009 at 01:16.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 01:24 (Ref:2380112)   #839
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its great that they are doing LMS as well, it'll be a good lead up to LM. The confirmation of the news that most of us have dreamt of for so long has made my day. Hopefully the third car hits the track too. The more the merrier. Well this puts paid to a final Corvette v Aston factory GT1 battle, hopefully AMR support JetAlliance or Gigawave.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2380121)   #840
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Q & A with David Richards

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73010

"Maybe" races in ALMS later in the year. Regarding Sebring, decision to go for this was made too late but apparently it was included in the plans initially. Also question about future (after 2009) but no clear answer.
This is fantastic news, Le Mans is shaping up to be a classic this year! Too bad they won't be ready in time for Sebring, but then there's always Petit. This is clearly the best looking LMP1 IMO.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2380124)   #841
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What do they mean they need to find a third driver. David Brabham
Old 27 Jan 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2380125)   #842
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
He is not signed by Acura?
Old 27 Jan 2009, 02:00 (Ref:2380130)   #843
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan
This is clearly the best looking LMP1 IMO.
Me too. Much better than new Acura... I already thought the Lola coupe could have been best looking with a less awkward looking front, and now they're fixed that area. Plus Gulf colours.

Last edited by deggis; 27 Jan 2009 at 02:03.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 02:02 (Ref:2380131)   #844
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really like the front end in the drawing, I wonder how much the actually car will look like that?
Old 27 Jan 2009, 02:02 (Ref:2380132)   #845
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aston-esque "grille" is easily identifiable. Less so are the vents just ahead of the cockpit are shaped just like those on Aston's road cars.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2380135)   #846
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Even though he races for acura. there are not going to be any hondas, or acuras at Lemans so he can do Lemans
Old 27 Jan 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2380156)   #847
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
I take it you meant AMR. (?)

L.P.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 03:02 (Ref:2380158)   #848
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
Even though he races for acura. there are not going to be any hondas, or acuras at Lemans so he can do Lemans
When questioned at the AIS he said he was not signed with AMR for Le Mans and it sounded like he would not be. Could be wrong, but???

L.P.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2380171)   #849
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Brabs would be a very worthy third driver-I can't see why AMR wouldn't want him at LM. I don't Acura care as long as it doesnt interfere with ALMS, if Acura goes to Le Mans next year, one could see Brabs with Acura though in 2010.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2380178)   #850
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if acura are testing during the le mans break, then brabham might not be able to make it to le mans. and would acura want one of their drivers getting anywhere near a rival lmp1 team?...