Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Jan 2016, 12:43 (Ref:3604707)   #826
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else see Andy Jordan's rather *****y remarks directed at his former team at the departure of Goff? There must be some really bad blood between both parties, as they seemed quite chummy before 2015.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 12:48 (Ref:3604709)   #827
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what remark ?
Old 14 Jan 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3604710)   #828
DemonDriverDan
Rookie

DemonDriverDan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"5 drivers leave in 2 seasons..... Surely that's a BTCC team record. Ooooops !!"

From Andrew Jordan's Twitter?
Old 14 Jan 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3604713)   #829
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Ingram might have gone to MG, but even though their 2015 wasn't good, it is still a reasonably competitive drive so there's two good drives available there.

Surprised that Goff didn't stay there as I thought he did well last season but driving for WSR should be good for him. I expect Tordoff and Collard to join him again.

Interesting to see if BMR have enough budget for a 4th Subaru. Interesting to see what they do with the 4 CC's.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3604716)   #830
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Some cracking liveries so far, big fan of the AMD IMSA tribute Audi. Looking forward to seeing the new WSR ones in a few weeks...
Will WSR have a new livery? Do you know something we don't?
Old 14 Jan 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3604717)   #831
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
it was said during the interviews at ASI. they also said they will be announcing their other drivers in the next fortnight or so probably meaning they will also be revealing the car
Old 14 Jan 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3604719)   #832
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to see Goff getting the WSR drive, two young guns in the team with him and Tordoff, should be exciting.

Big scoop Handy getting Rob, the new Toyota livery looks good too. While the AMD livery at first glance looks a bit like it was made from Lego lol
Old 14 Jan 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3604726)   #833
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
it was said during the interviews at ASI. they also said they will be announcing their other drivers in the next fortnight or so probably meaning they will also be revealing the car
Yup that's where I heard it, no inside info here I'm afraid.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 15:33 (Ref:3604750)   #834
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Glad to see Goff getting the WSR drive, two young guns in the team with him and Tordoff, should be exciting.

Big scoop Handy getting Rob, the new Toyota livery looks good too. While the AMD livery at first glance looks a bit like it was made from Lego lol
Rob Austin a scoop? He's a midfielder at best.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3604754)   #835
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Handy hoping to use a RAR TBL for a second car. I was hoping they'd facelift the car.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3604774)   #836
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So good to see the deserving drivers getting the rides they have worked so hard for. So, so excited for this year. And still intruige remains, what will 888 do? The third Honda - hoping for Jack Clarke and Crabbies honestly? Then teams like HARD (who may have decent driver if they promote a VW Cup star? What about Motorbase - 2 or 3 cars, Jackson and/or Cole? Welch's Hyundai? What about AMDs beautiful Audi or could it be Audis? Power Maxed...

So much still to come.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3604775)   #837
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Rob Austin a scoop? He's a midfielder at best.
Not sure, I think he is perhaps better than his car suggested in the past few years. I guess we won't know until we see him in the Toyota.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3604780)   #838
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone else see Andy Jordan's rather *****y remarks directed at his former team at the departure of Goff? There must be some really bad blood between both parties, as they seemed quite chummy before 2015.
I noticed Sam Tordoff had a wee chuckle at it, and Andy 'The people's champion' Neate retweeted a less than flattering comment about 888. Where has it all gone wrong for them, and I wonder what exactly is going on behind the scenes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
So good to see the deserving drivers getting the rides they have worked so hard for. So, so excited for this year. And still intruige remains, what will 888 do? The third Honda - hoping for Jack Clarke and Crabbies honestly? Then teams like HARD (who may have decent driver if they promote a VW Cup star? What about Motorbase - 2 or 3 cars, Jackson and/or Cole? Welch's Hyundai? What about AMDs beautiful Audi or could it be Audis? Power Maxed...

So much still to come.
It is really exciting when you see how many seats are still to be announced. Hope we hear more from Welch soon as it would be great to see another marque brought to the grid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Not sure, I think he is perhaps better than his car suggested in the past few years. I guess we won't know until we see him in the Toyota.
I agree, Rob's a very good driver, but he's also an absolute PR machine so it's a coup for Handy in that respect. He brings with him a massive social media following, bags of TV airtime and probably the most fans of anyone on the grid, something Handy wouldn't have experienced before.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 17:31 (Ref:3604788)   #839
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumours Aron Smith is close to sorting a deal with Eurotech in the third Type R
Old 14 Jan 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3604791)   #840
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
Rumours Aron Smith is close to sorting a deal with Eurotech in the third Type R
would be good

Dunno but if I think of Honda's massive 7 car assault with all the telemetry data and latest bits available and some top drivers this theme comes to mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3604797)   #841
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
would be good

Dunno but if I think of Honda's massive 7 car assault with all the telemetry data and latest bits available and some top drivers this theme comes to mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8
Haha.... knew what that'd be before even clicking....
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3604799)   #842
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I agree, Rob's a very good driver, but he's also an absolute PR machine so it's a coup for Handy in that respect. He brings with him a massive social media following, bags of TV airtime and probably the most fans of anyone on the grid, something Handy wouldn't have experienced before.
Boy is he getting some stick on social media today. I get that people liked his team and 'Sherman', but fans posting pics of the new car with the tag line "How to ruin your career in one step".... To me that's too far, feel sorry for the sponsors involved at this point.

Also, that Jordan tweet, very unprofessional.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3604801)   #843
ahobson98
Rookie

ahobson98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I don't get why people are so annoyed, they would probably be less happy if Rob didn't compete at all this year.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3604803)   #844
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Boy is he getting some stick on social media today. I get that people liked his team and 'Sherman', but fans posting pics of the new car with the tag line "How to ruin your career in one step".... To me that's too far, feel sorry for the sponsors involved at this point.

Also, that Jordan tweet, very unprofessional.
It's banter. I don't want robotic drivers like Shedden spouting corporate nonsense when you can have this.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:37 (Ref:3604809)   #845
Ry44
Racer

Just asked Rob where the spare TBL has gone on his Q&A and his response was

"I have leased one license"

so I wonder who could have that ?
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:37 (Ref:3604810)   #846
JDMROB
Racer

All these Rob Austin comments are doing my head in on social media. It's a good decision from Rob. He's not got a money tree and building new cars was never going to happen despite what these 'shareholders' believe. Their tenner a month isn't gonna go far in a race team lol.

Tom Ingram showed last season what a decent driver can do with a tweeked Avensis so theres no excuses for Rob now to stick it in the top 10 regularly!

Tordoff and Jordan are a bit embarrassing on twitter. Not the best way to conduct themselves, especially now with their 888 comments. This is where the other young'uns like Ingram, Goff and Cook act much more professionally, you never see them talking down about other drivers or teams.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3604811)   #847
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
"I have leased one license"

so I wonder who could have that ?
Handy have it. They are running 2 cars, one with their own licence and the other with the licence leased from RAR
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3604813)   #848
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's banter. I don't want robotic drivers like Shedden spouting corporate nonsense when you can have this.
I don't want robots either.

But don't publicly burn bridges as you never know what potential sponsors/teams/manufacturers might think.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3604814)   #849
JDMROB
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
But don't publicly burn bridges as you never know what potential sponsors/teams/manufacturers might think.
100%
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3604815)   #850
Ry44
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Handy have it. They are running 2 cars, one with their own licence and the other with the licence leased from RAR
That is not the case as Handy have their designated licence and 1
of the RAR licences. As confirmed by Rob the other has already been leased to someone else