Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Jul 2023, 06:55 (Ref:4168465)   #851
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Derek Bennett's Chevron B16 coupe was a very elegant shape, perfect visually in every way.
I'm convinced you noticed that this year's Glicks livery can make you think about another race wonder, the Lola T70 (MkIII b is my favourite). The Glicks light blue painting is perfect in this matter and the blue/white/red stripes are the perfect matching compliment. IMO as they say.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4168477)   #852
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
.....and back to Peugeot.......

From a more mundane 'looks' perspective.... When I first saw this car unveiled at Le Mans last year in that drab 'battleship' grey livery, I confess I thought, 'Meh'...... At Le Mans I thought the cars looked terrific, particularly at night. And up close yesterday at the FOS, I thought it looked even better.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3567s.jpg   IMG_3576s.jpg  
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4168482)   #853
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Yes indeed they do look great. Now. They spared no effort in the deco design. Next move will be the transmission.Did you buy a Pug T-shirt showing Meh…? Yes? Selfie please…
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:26 (Ref:4168483)   #854
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Interesting focus on the duck-tail tho. https://www.capgemini.com/about-us/p...peugeot-sport/

Last edited by Gerard C; 15 Jul 2023 at 09:33. Reason: Argo.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 09:58 (Ref:4168492)   #855
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a nice looking car, no doubt about it. It's not my fav hypercar but I'd lie saying I don't enjoy this design However the wingless approach surely doesn't pay dividends in terms of performance, at Monza they were the only major manufacturer with maximum power allowed by the regulations and they had lower front axle activation speed.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 10:06 (Ref:4168493)   #856
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
However the wingless approach surely doesn't pay dividends in terms of performance
ATM.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4168520)   #857
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You've been lucky at FOS yesterday, Aye.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4168594)   #858
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was. The weather was poor and I did too much walking which had an effect on me yesterday, but I was lucky I went on Friday and wasn't planning to go on Saturday instead. I hope they have a good day today.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 09:38 (Ref:4170119)   #859
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I have heard rumours elsewhere that Peugeot were testing a new car at Portimao, or is this complete nonsense, have seen nothing, or maybe that is deliberate?
Old 28 Jul 2023, 07:26 (Ref:4170201)   #860
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Deliberate? Pescarolo Sports will have a Peugeot probably near to what you saw at LM. Another rumor is that the official team, TotalEnergies, are testing different configurations of "tires".
Old 28 Jul 2023, 07:37 (Ref:4170202)   #861
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Pescarolo Sports will have a Peugeot probably near to what you saw at LM.
Is this based on new information, or their press release sans funding a while back?
Old 28 Jul 2023, 17:09 (Ref:4170287)   #862
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Agreement between PS and TE was announced before LM, March '23 as you rightly suggest. What is said is that they have to complete the funding, which is huge, to have the car at LM24. As to TE testing a completely new car I dont think its realistic.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4170291)   #863
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aren't the rules prohibiting to homologate more than one car for a 5 years period ? And I think all homologated hypercar tests are supposed to be public and sometimes collective with other manufacturers.

So, to me, it is impossible that Peugeot is currently testing a new car behind closed doors. Maybe another Stellantis brand is, but not Peugeot.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 19:36 (Ref:4170295)   #864
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
So, to me, it is impossible that Peugeot is currently testing a new car behind closed doors. Maybe another Stellantis brand is, but not Peugeot.
Right, not a new car badged Peugeot for the reasons you named. But evolutions, yes. Not forgetting they have to anticipate any future BoP change which is quite a challenge.
As to see a heavily modified Pug (rear wing for instance) badged under another Stellantis brand, I'm with you again, but the choice is huge and no info have filtered so far. Could take a while.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 21:19 (Ref:4170313)   #865
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Agreement between PS and TE was announced before LM, March '23 as you rightly suggest. What is said is that they have to complete the funding, which is huge, to have the car at LM24.
It's the same agreement I currently have in place with Bugatti.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 21:39 (Ref:4170317)   #866
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All this could lead to strange situations. What will happen if a modified Pug, whatever the Stellantis brand will be used, is faster than a TEPug? Not forgetting that over the years it's been hard to know for sure where the funding came from for the race teams like Matra, Ligier and Pug again. Because you're deeply involved into this business yourself you must have the answers. Not much room for people like Glick I fear.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 10:05 (Ref:4170371)   #867
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
Aren't the rules prohibiting to homologate more than one car for a 5 years period ?
Two cars can be homologated per manufacturer. But the 9X8 is getting better and better, partly due to BOP help, but still certainly team is going in the right direction. I'd expect more jokers rather than a new design.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4170391)   #868
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think they'll win at least one race before the end of the season.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4170450)   #869
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Another rumor is that the official team, TotalEnergies, are testing different configurations of "tires".
Is this a rumor in print form? A different "configruation" would imply a swith from Option 1 to Option 2 that all other current cars are running...
Old 29 Jul 2023, 19:43 (Ref:4170457)   #870
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not print, but I'll check for you. May be they're testing for the french official manufacturer. And if it is this, you won't see it printed either. The tires have been a determining factor when they designed the car. From the LM vids (some have been deleted from YT) its obvious that they use a rather long travel for the suspensions. This makes me think now that the ride height is not a real concern but more likely the pitch (or level would you prefer). They will win this year. No doubt.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 02:03 (Ref:4170498)   #871
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Not print, but I'll check for you. May be they're testing for the french official manufacturer. And if it is this, you won't see it printed either. The tires have been a determining factor when they designed the car. From the LM vids (some have been deleted from YT) its obvious that they use a rather long travel for the suspensions. This makes me think now that the ride height is not a real concern but more likely the pitch (or level would you prefer). They will win this year. No doubt.
Pitch is something that is measured in wind tunnel as part of homolgation, so 'pitch' altering elements like active suspension or wings are for the bin
Old 30 Jul 2023, 07:52 (Ref:4170515)   #872
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Right. To my knowledge the cars are officially windtunneld once a year. They must remain compliant to the results any time. But they can have homologated at least two different aero elements. As to mesure any pitch on-track alteration, you're right, the instances can monitor this live, amongst many other things. What is the tolerance applied, I dunno. As the put the wing to the bin, you've been heard. They will win at least once this year.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 07:55 (Ref:4170516)   #873
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
They will win at least once this year.
That's a bold statement.....
Old 30 Jul 2023, 09:02 (Ref:4170533)   #874
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they need to go away, have a rethink and come back even more prepared.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 09:22 (Ref:4170543)   #875
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think the car could potentially podium, but not win, the Ferrari and Toyota are still quicker and more reliable.

The biggest issue Peugeot have is reliability, the gearbox OR the gearbox software (more likely) prevents the damn thing from doing any worthwhile work. A bit like this weird issue Porsche are having that forces them to seem to do routine Ctl/Alt/DEL

But be honest, where would you rather be? Fairly close and unreliable with a unique car and a new way fo working? or closer to the pace but probably realising you got the basic design completely wrong as Porsche are at least in WEC terms?

I think we all expected Porsche to be front runners, but they simply have not been the car has not routinely showed the pace of the two leading brands, so they must be looking at ways of making that better, indeed Jota have often showed the factory cars up at both Monza and LM at times. Penske may need to do some work also!