Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jul 2024, 07:50 (Ref:4219562)   #876
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A little birdie tells me today (maybe yesterday now) was our French connection's birthday.....

So Gérard and best wishes for many more.
Old 16 Jul 2024, 08:04 (Ref:4219563)   #877
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
A little birdie tells me today (maybe yesterday now) was our French connection's birthday.....

What he said.
Old 16 Jul 2024, 10:24 (Ref:4219570)   #878
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

I missed it as well .
So Happy birthday Gerard.
Old 16 Jul 2024, 10:29 (Ref:4219571)   #879
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hope it was fun. Happy birthday Gerard
Old 16 Jul 2024, 11:11 (Ref:4219575)   #880
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy belated birthday, Gerard. Hope it was a good day.
Old 16 Jul 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4219585)   #881
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday, Gerrard. Was it a landmark birthday?
Old 16 Jul 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4219592)   #882
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Thank you all! Yes it was a great day but not a landmark. Sorry!
Old 16 Jul 2024, 16:35 (Ref:4219597)   #883
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thank you all! Yes it was a great day but not a landmark. Sorry!
Seeing as we are all (sort of) historic racers, every birthday seems to be a landmark these days!
Old 16 Jul 2024, 18:11 (Ref:4219606)   #884
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Seeing as we are all (sort of) historic racers, every birthday seems to be a landmark these days!
Sooo true, Andy. You can't kill time.
Old 17 Jul 2024, 09:39 (Ref:4219664)   #885
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Tell me about it, as you get older time just dissapears (well it does for me) I can't see that I will get as old as my father though as he did exceed the magic ton !!! However he was always fitter than me
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jul 2024, 10:31 (Ref:4219668)   #886
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Tell me about it, as you get older time just dissapears (well it does for me) I can't see that I will get as old as my father though as he did exceed the magic ton !!! However he was always fitter than me
Einstein said that time is relative . Which is true to people as the more you are rushing about , like when you are very young , the slower time goes .
As you get older and slower heart rate etc , the quicker time is going relative to you .
Which is why in moments of high stress , road accidents etc , people say "it all seemed to happen in slow motion "
But we can only do what we can do , so a happy long life wish to everyone .
Old 17 Jul 2024, 11:06 (Ref:4219669)   #887
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Funny thing is time seems to be going more constant since I started getting out and doing more. Maybe because I’m doing so many different things or maybe because I’m learning to bide my time more
Old 17 Jul 2024, 11:45 (Ref:4219671)   #888
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Funny thing is time seems to be going more constant since I started getting out and doing more. Maybe because I’m doing so many different things or maybe because I’m learning to bide my time more
I actually live in 2 sorts of life, one in the countryside in the UK and another in Spain by the sea, and at this moment I'm just rushing off for lunch a few miles up the coast and then back to a mates place for drinks and a swim. Cheers
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Jul 2024, 19:03 (Ref:4219887)   #889
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Happy to notice that the numerous messages showing "Error 404" at least on french screens has nothing to do with Peugeot. Had to check first because following the WEC results it was not clear at first glance! Waiting for messages like "timing belt not found" or "its not a real hybrid you dumbass"!
Old 19 Jul 2024, 19:43 (Ref:4219893)   #890
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Happy to notice that the numerous messages showing "Error 404" at least on french screens has nothing to do with Peugeot. Had to check first because following the WEC results it was not clear at first glance! Waiting for messages like "timing belt not found" or "its not a real hybrid you dumbass"!
A lot of panic in the media about a huge internet tech fault .But as usual , no one really knows whats going on . Is it a cyber attack or just a fault in one system affecting several others .

Just remember ,,,, " Dont Panic Chaps ".
Old 19 Jul 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4219899)   #891
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
A lot of panic in the media about a huge internet tech fault .But as usual , no one really knows whats going on . Is it a cyber attack or just a fault in one system affecting several others .

Just remember ,,,, " Dont Panic Chaps ".

The story is that a small piece of "computer writing" was issued by Crowdstrike who provide security software to many major companies and large entities such as the NHS. It is claimed that overnight "update" could have been as simple as a mere change of font, but it appears that possibly Crowdstrike hadn't checked the "writing" sufficiently and it has led to the problems encountered.

This isn't the first time that a software company has issued an update that causes problems for users, and I'm sure that it won't be the last time either.
Old 20 Jul 2024, 06:08 (Ref:4219932)   #892
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just before the OG's here, I find the date pretty much appropriate if you are from hackers's side. I wonder if this could be a ransonware or a first attempt. Hope not.
Old 20 Jul 2024, 07:24 (Ref:4219936)   #893
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crowdstrike are sponsors of the Spa 24 Hours - that's much more concerning than the wretched Olympics!
Old 20 Jul 2024, 08:38 (Ref:4219947)   #894
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Crowdstrike are sponsors of the Spa 24 Hours - that's much more concerning than the wretched Olympics!
Well , it seems that the problem with their system has knocked £9 Billion off the companies value , and that is without any legal action that might be taken against them . So they might not have any spare cash for sponsoring events .
Old 21 Jul 2024, 12:03 (Ref:4220033)   #895
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
They also sponsor Mercedes F1 team, of course - rather ironic looking at the pit crew looking at the "blue screen of death" during practice
Old 21 Jul 2024, 21:57 (Ref:4220174)   #896
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Before the auction on line of my mates car these guys actually sussed the car out as Bob did smoke cigars
https://youtu.be/3T-ta9ATqQk
Old 21 Jul 2024, 22:06 (Ref:4220176)   #897
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well the Chinese certainly know that they can paralyse the West just by releasing a physical or electronic virus - doesn't really matter which, or maybe both at once! World domination without even firing a shot - makes President Putin and his "Call of Duty" style warfare look soooo passé.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jul 2024, 22:10 (Ref:4220177)   #898
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
They also sponsor Mercedes F1 team, of course - rather ironic looking at the pit crew looking at the "blue screen of death" during practice
Speaking of which, several years back I was race director at a kart race for a Microsoft corporate event. As usual I ran through the flags, and when I got to the blue I described it as "your karts will suddenly come to a halt and we'll have to switch them off and back on again." They didn't think it nearly as funny as I did.

Old 22 Jul 2024, 04:12 (Ref:4220201)   #899
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Speaking of which, several years back I was race director at a kart race for a Microsoft corporate event. As usual I ran through the flags, and when I got to the blue I described it as "your karts will suddenly come to a halt and we'll have to switch them off and back on again." They didn't think it nearly as funny as I did.

Brilliant!
Old 24 Jul 2024, 07:31 (Ref:4220426)   #900
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be half related to the above, at the moment our buses rear ends are showing adverts of Dell and of course AI. Those adverts refer to the Mclaren F1 team doing really well ATM. PR people dont read the forum I guess…