Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Jan 2024, 14:40 (Ref:4190671)   #876
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
When is a rumour a rumour or just fantasy or guessing?

Or just mischief-making, as it was in this case.

It was certainly not a rumour.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 14:53 (Ref:4190675)   #877
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post

From Motorsport News today:

“Neal and Plowman
continued as a presence in
the paddock with roles at One
Motorsport and Team Hard as
background support, there
are some rumours that the Dynamics name could return in
some guise in 2024.” MJ
Old 3 Jan 2024, 15:06 (Ref:4190677)   #878
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
From Motorsport News today:

“Neal and Plowman
continued as a presence in
the paddock with roles at One
Motorsport and Team Hard as
background support, there
are some rumours that the Dynamics name could return in
some guise in 2024.” MJ
“some rumours” and “some guise” doesn’t sound like there’s particularly much to read into it to me. Assumedly and/or hopefully they’re still working on things with Thompson.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 18:33 (Ref:4190697)   #879
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post

Where was the mischief?
Old 3 Jan 2024, 18:56 (Ref:4190700)   #880
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't surprise me if the Dynamics rumblings turned out to be nothing more than a repeat of what they did last year with Thompson, except with a more solid financial base from whatever team they 'consult' for.

I would like to have known when the recent Autosport interview with Bryn Lucas took place at Team Dynamics. Interesting looking at what's in the background in the bays (no FK8 but plenty of historics.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s251kNGTjo0

If it's recent it doesn't look like a base for a BTCC team (which could change quickly if the right amounts of readies arrive!)
Old 3 Jan 2024, 19:14 (Ref:4190704)   #881
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I would like to have known when the recent Autosport interview with Bryn Lucas took place at Team Dynamics. Interesting looking at what's in the background in the bays (no FK8 but plenty of historics.)

Very much the same as the Jordan family, concentrating on the restoration and preparation of historic cars where they can actually earn money rather than spend it racing in the BTCC. And I think that they enjoy the historics' scene and racing in it.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 19:45 (Ref:4190706)   #882
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me if the Dynamics rumblings turned out to be nothing more than a repeat of what they did last year with Thompson, except with a more solid financial base from whatever team they 'consult' for.

If it's recent it doesn't look like a base for a BTCC team (which could change quickly if the right amounts of readies arrive!)
That's the same workshop that they've been in for years now. Droitwich is it?
Old 3 Jan 2024, 19:54 (Ref:4190708)   #883
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Judging by the external shots at the start of the video, I wouldn't be surprised if it was shot a few months ago.
Old 4 Jan 2024, 08:26 (Ref:4190727)   #884
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
“some rumours” and “some guise” doesn’t sound like there’s particularly much to read into it to me. Assumedly and/or hopefully they’re still working on things with Thompson.
From a recent Autosport:

Both benefited at Hard this season from the presence of leading lights from the old Team Dynamics, with veteran technical chief Barry Plowman engineering Thompson, Tom Hunt looking after Lloyd, and three-time champion Matt Neal in an advisory role.
Thompson said that this trio could move with him to an existing team in the series.
“At the moment I’m fully confident we’ll be there,” Thompson told Autosport. “I’m working very closely with the guys at Team Dynamics – Matt and Bazza.
“We’re just trying to make it happen, but nothing’s set in stone yet.”
Old 4 Jan 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4190754)   #885
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EXCELR8 have just announced Maximus Hall as one of their JCW drivers for 2024. Could that mean a move up to BTCC is on the cards for Dan Zelos? Possibly replacing Nick Halstead?
Old 4 Jan 2024, 13:19 (Ref:4190756)   #886
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
EXCELR8 have just announced Maximus Hall as one of their JCW drivers for 2024. Could that mean a move up to BTCC is on the cards for Dan Zelos? Possibly replacing Nick Halstead?
I think they run about as many MINIs as they have paying customers, so don’t think that in particular will have much to do with Zelos. Ultimately the BTCC seat is down to money, of which it appears Zelos has little and Halstead has a lot (although given his early announcement last year, I was kind of expecting Halstead to be confirmed already if he is staying).

Of course, it worked out well for Pearson, but if Zelos has a low budget and Excerl8 is an expensive seat, seems like he might be equally likely to turn up at the ‘other’ end of the grid. Hope he gets in somewhere, something’s not right if the double champion of the feeder series can’t make the move up.

Last edited by Evantra; 4 Jan 2024 at 13:26.
Old 4 Jan 2024, 13:30 (Ref:4190757)   #887
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
Not really. Like lots of people, I'd love to see him in the BTCC, but bearing in mind that EXCELR8 regularly enter around 6 JCWs every meeting, there's always room at the inn in JCWs so to speak.
Old 4 Jan 2024, 13:40 (Ref:4190758)   #888
Millvi
Racer

Excelr8 have just sent out an email for their 2024 wall planner and the 4 drivers from 2023 are shown in the 4 pictures. So a possible indication of an unchanged 2024 BTCC line-up at Excelr8?

https://www.excelr8motorsport.com/pr...-wall-planner/
Old 4 Jan 2024, 15:02 (Ref:4190767)   #890
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Nice interview, although would have liked to see more of the race shop and cars.

Do they run only Cortina's or also more "modern" classic cars?
Old 4 Jan 2024, 15:05 (Ref:4190768)   #891
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Or a current team running out of a ready made BTCC workshop?
Old 4 Jan 2024, 15:39 (Ref:4190770)   #892
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Nice interview, although would have liked to see more of the race shop and cars.

Do they run only Cortina's or also more "modern" classic cars?

They've prepared a car for the TCR series and last year they ran an Audi in the Enduro series.

I think, but not at all certain, that they have also prepared other cars for races at Goodwood and the Silverstone Classic (as was).
Old 4 Jan 2024, 17:00 (Ref:4190780)   #893
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Worth posting that Autosport International runs from the 11th-14th January at the NEC.
I think we're supposed to call it "A24" now...
Old 4 Jan 2024, 17:11 (Ref:4190782)   #894
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I think we're supposed to call it "A24" now...
They could have chosen a better year to try that for SEO https://www.google.com/search?q=A24
Old 4 Jan 2024, 18:54 (Ref:4190791)   #895
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A decade’s worth of BTCC champions will be represented by Ash Sutton, Tom Ingram and Colin Turkington, and (appearing separately) Gordon Shedden and Matt Neal."
[/URL][/QUOTE]

“Separately” because there announcing the return of Team Dynamics with Shedden and Thompson piloting a couple of the ex HARD cupras..
Old 4 Jan 2024, 21:58 (Ref:4190809)   #896
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doubt there will be any announcements
Not a patch on what it use to be Autosport show
Last years was empty compared to recent years and BTCC don’t have a stand anymore
Old 4 Jan 2024, 22:10 (Ref:4190812)   #897
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
“Separately” because there announcing the return of Team Dynamics with Shedden and Thompson piloting a couple of the ex HARD cupras.

I thought we'd decided against this sort of nonsense?
Old 4 Jan 2024, 22:11 (Ref:4190813)   #898
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Doubt there will be any announcements
Not a patch on what it use to be Autosport show
Last years was empty compared to recent years and BTCC don’t have a stand anymore
Was there even a current BTCC car there last year. It’s a Tuning and Tat show now
Old 4 Jan 2024, 23:51 (Ref:4190815)   #899
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I met Colin Turkington at the Autosport Show back in 2019, was a lovely chap.
Old 5 Jan 2024, 17:58 (Ref:4190883)   #900
Evantra
Veteran

England
Since it seems BTCC have yet to share it on social media, here is the first episode of On the Limit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LII0zslT4LM