Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3522669)   #876
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Certain Grand Prix should be "Ring Fenced", staged at cost if necessary or even supported by the teams,the FIA and Ecclestone himself.Races in France, Germany, Italy, Belgium and the UK should be guaranteed and underwritten.

Their value and heritage bring value to the sport in a way that can't be calculated in monetary terms.............they are priceless.
Why?
No circuit has a divine right
In the great scheme of things none of them are big, based on size, population etc, the countries that are such as China, Russia & the USA should always have a race.

Discuss
Old 1 Apr 2015, 11:45 (Ref:3522693)   #877
jmlima
Rookie

jmlima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Why?
In the great scheme of things none of them are big, based on size, population etc, the countries that are such as China, Russia & the USA should always have a race.

Discuss
F1 is not about population, but about markets. Given their potential market is middle aged Rolex buyers, then Luxembourg would be a better market than Portugal for example. As a business that is.

As a sport, what you say is complete waffle, since its the good circuits that instigate good racing that should get the GP's.

But F1 is primarily a business, so you're right of course.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3522707)   #878
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding is that the new Moscow raceway now has a Formula 1 grade license, so I can imagine they'd try to seize this opportunity.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3522731)   #879
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Why?

Discuss
Why then isn't India on your list?
Old 1 Apr 2015, 15:59 (Ref:3522773)   #880
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*checks the time of the post first*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
My understanding is that the new Moscow raceway now has a Formula 1 grade license, so I can imagine they'd try to seize this opportunity.
they certainly had a f1t licence before, but unless they've widened the track by about 5m all round it's just too twiddly and pointless for f1 cars.

it produced some completely rubbish world series by renault races from the 3.5 cars down to the eurocup, so unless bernie was trying to kill the sport (oh wait...) he'd be best advised to avoid that one!
Old 1 Apr 2015, 22:47 (Ref:3522894)   #881
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thai GP inevitable?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang_I...tional_Circuit
Old 1 Apr 2015, 22:54 (Ref:3522897)   #882
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Is this an April Fool joke?
Old 1 Apr 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3522900)   #883
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shall I link Yas, Sepang, and Sakhir?
Old 1 Apr 2015, 23:53 (Ref:3522902)   #884
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's not that they should be ringfenced, it's that Eccelscrooge should stop extorting these tracks. The man is a pure gangster.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3522904)   #885
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It's not that they should be ringfenced, it's that Eccelscrooge should stop extorting these tracks. The man is a pure gangster.
Don't insult Capone
Old 4 Apr 2015, 00:02 (Ref:3523594)   #886
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He don't mind a gangster, but a prankster. Or the "father" of a well-known prankster...
Old 15 Apr 2015, 08:13 (Ref:3527589)   #887
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hans Stuck does not sound pleased with how Bernie negociated with the Germans over the GP.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30541.html
Old 15 Apr 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3527692)   #888
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the only man in the world who's pleased with how the negotiations went is Bernie, and even he may not be that happy.

It's time some reporter asks straight to Bernie's face:

What does Formula 1 gain by replacing venues in Germany and France with those in Azerbaijan and Thailand?

Because what does F1 gain from this? We know what Bernie gains from it. But does the sport itself benefit in any way from a rapidly expanding market that really doesn't seem interested?
Old 15 Apr 2015, 14:57 (Ref:3527699)   #889
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Eccelscrooge is a gangster who wants to extract as much cash as he can out of the sport in the short term. He's a looter basically. End of story. Gotta cut through the fluff and get to the bottom line of what Eccelscrooge is about here and that's what he's about.

And this isn't just any old track in Germany; it's the Nurburgring - and the future of that most historic of venues is bleak indeed.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 15:57 (Ref:3527708)   #890
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I think the only man in the world who's pleased with how the negotiations went is Bernie, and even he may not be that happy.

What does Formula 1 gain by replacing venues in Germany and France with those in Azerbaijan and Thailand?

Because what does F1 gain from this? We know what Bernie gains from it. But does the sport itself benefit in any way from a rapidly expanding market that really doesn't seem interested?
What an excellent question.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 00:03 (Ref:3527814)   #891
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:

"Out of town" race visitors cause massive economic injections when their races come in. On a side note, Azerbaijan and Thailand look like better circuits than some of what we have had recently.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 00:12 (Ref:3527815)   #892
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
"Out of town" race visitors cause massive economic injections when their races come in. On a side note, Azerbaijan and Thailand look like better circuits than some of what we have had recently.
Problem solved, get Tilke to design a combined race track and airport.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3527896)   #893
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, whilst F1 appears to be disappearing up it's own fundamental orifice, BCE and the FIA have come up with more cr*p! According to this report of a report in the Times ( I couldn't be *rsed to read that article) http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fo...olicy/?v=2&s=1 FOM will do due diligence on prospective holders of a licence to run a Grand Prix to ensure they comply with generally accepted Human Rights policies in the future.

Just as well that the ink is dry on the contracts with Bahrain, Russia, Mexico, Brazil, China and Azerbaijan. One has to wonder whether a contract is signed with Thailand, as their human rights policies are not really that wonderful either!
Old 16 Apr 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3527898)   #894
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i suspect it's kind of the other way around. with investment from new, rich areas of the world comes the need to bring the circus to their doorstep to encourage them to stay involved.

and when the circus does come to town it has to display this bizarre, almost medieval type of ostentatious wealth and bling to be something that is worth coveting and investing in.

sadly, normal fans do not get the bills paid, either for the circuit or for the sport. these wealthy folk do.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 21:20 (Ref:3528360)   #895
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
French GP: Au revoir

Dutch GP: Vaarwel

German GP: Auf Wiedersehen

Italian GP: Arrivedersi ?

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30584.html

and all "for a few dollars more"
Old 17 Apr 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3528381)   #896
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by , View Post
French GP: Au revoir

Dutch GP: Vaarwel

German GP: Auf Wiedersehen

Italian GP: Arrivedersi ?

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30584.html

and all "for a few dollars more"
Haha. Well they've already cooked the Turkey Tilkedrome, arguably his best creation.

wolfhound, its Arrivederci.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3528408)   #897
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
So far the only thing that's sacred is Monaco. At the rate Bernie's been going, I wonder how long it is before he starts demanding money from them.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 01:50 (Ref:3528410)   #898
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
So far the only thing that's sacred is Monaco. At the rate Bernie's been going, I wonder how long it is before he starts demanding money from them.
I thought he was already doing that.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 02:09 (Ref:3528411)   #899
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought he was already doing that.
The news stories I recall seeing say that Monaco doesn't pay anything. (Can't 100% rule out that things have changed.)
Old 18 Apr 2015, 02:14 (Ref:3528414)   #900
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Problem solved, get Tilke to design a combined race track and airport.
Considering Tilke's national themed attendant facilities, an airport from him would be brilliant.