Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Sep 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3450741)   #876
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Mr Henley seems to be breeding Rx8s...

Based on the pic, the 2 car entry should be a go, if the team can source pilots with contributing sponsors ...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 6 Sep 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3450859)   #877
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So they are team Sahlen cars. Bit of background info:
http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm...e&mag_id=20829

According to this, if he bought the number 43 car it won the Daytona 24hr a few years back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9CC4zpVet0

Here is one of the RX8's for sale.
http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/2706242...ROLEX-GT-.html
Old 6 Sep 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3450879)   #878
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitely a fan.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...of-new-r8.html
Old 8 Sep 2014, 04:57 (Ref:3451165)   #879
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very heartening. From an Audi HQ perspective but equally from a local Audi Australia point of view.

Quote:
Daytona again! and Bathurst, they are the two most exciting races for me. We are in advanced discussions with Audi Australia and I expect there to be several Audis on the grid for next years race, and for Macao.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 05:44 (Ref:3451170)   #880
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Very heartening. From an Audi HQ perspective but equally from a local Audi Australia point of view.
Audi has always backed the event very well. The over road signs have always had something of theirs on them.
Loved the Group B Audi S1, it was up for 2 or 3 years. Last time I was there I think both were pictures of the R8
Old 11 Sep 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3452316)   #881
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately V8SC confirms clash with Bathurst 12 Hour with the release of their 2015 calendar. Idiots.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/09/12/...rst-12h-clash/

I am unsure of the fines / penalties of drivers missing the test, but I imagine SVG will explore all options. Especially considering he is sponsored by the Quinn's. Add Erebus to that mix as well.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 00:36 (Ref:3452342)   #882
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be at the 12 hr, if other Dumbarses wish to try and ruin a great motorsport event , they may be in for a rude awakening.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3452360)   #883
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I am unsure of the fines / penalties of drivers missing the test, but I imagine SVG will explore all options. Especially considering he is sponsored by the Quinn's. Add Erebus to that mix as well.
I'm going to assume the contractual arrangements will be between drivers and teams only, so if teams want to let their drivers race at the B12H, I am going to assume they can.

Just not sure how many of them will want to miss the testing though.

You'd think 888 would do pretty well with JW and PD, but I am not so sure the sponsors would be happy about it.

Lets think of them in all this too, they are paying the bucks to have that driver represent them, and these drivers are lucky their sponsors allow them to respresent someone else in a different race.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3452385)   #884
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Warburton's quotes at the calendar release confirmed that the main aim of the date clash was for V8SA /Fox to protect their ownership of the V8 drivers.As I posted a few months ago this clash will happen every year under the current TV contract.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3452391)   #885
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Warburton's quotes at the calendar release confirmed that the main aim of the date clash was for V8SA /Fox to protect their ownership of the V8 drivers.As I posted a few months ago this clash will happen every year under the current TV contract.
I think you're seeing things that are not there.

Fox & Ten paid $241 million to get the V8s.

Like it or not the V8S has broader appeal than the B12H, and both parties are acting in their own interests, AS THEY SHOULD.

James O'Brien also made some pretty bold statements and in my opinion asked for a combative relationship instead of a conciliatory one...
Old 12 Sep 2014, 03:51 (Ref:3452406)   #886
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately V8SC confirms clash with Bathurst 12 Hour with the release of their 2015 calendar. Idiots.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/09/12/...rst-12h-clash/

Unfortunate, however the positive is that we'll most likely get to see more quality international GT drivers who we may have thought that we would never see in the flesh. Still wouldn't rule out seeing a V8SC driver or 2.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3452417)   #887
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Unfortunate, however the positive is that we'll most likely get to see more quality international GT drivers who we may have thought that we would never see in the flesh. Still wouldn't rule out seeing a V8SC driver or 2.
The whole V8SC codriver fleet should be available for the B12. Some of them are apparently already committed (Mr Webb to Scudd's Lamborghini, Mr Owen to the Koundouris Porsche etc)
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:36 (Ref:3452420)   #888
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The whole V8SC codriver fleet should be available for the B12. Some of them are apparently already committed (Mr Webb to Scudd's Lamborghini, Mr Owen to the Koundouris Porsche etc)
What is the official line regarding V8SC co-drivers for the B12hr ?
Scud must know what's going on as he has 2 of them.
Russell, Owen, Luff, Webb, Baird, Richards, Davison, Gavin, Fiore etc etc is a fair proportion ?

Last edited by Reload; 12 Sep 2014 at 04:59.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:56 (Ref:3452433)   #889
Mixer
Veteran

Given the sort of wages some of these guys are getting for main game Bathurst gigs I wouldn't be too surprised if some ruled themselves out to test with the main team.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3452465)   #890
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the Koundouris Porsche GT3 R is for sale:http://www.my105.com/listingdetails....14136&latest=1

What does this mean for their Bathurst 12hr and also Aust GT campaign?
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 12 Sep 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3452467)   #891
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringimsa View Post
I see the Koundouris Porsche GT3 R is for sale:http://www.my105.com/listingdetails....14136&latest=1

What does this mean for their Bathurst 12hr and also Aust GT campaign?
It would be nice to think they are updating their hardware.. (glass half full..)
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Sep 2014, 02:19 (Ref:3452771)   #892
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I think you're seeing things that are not there.

Fox & Ten paid $241 million to get the V8s.

Like it or not the V8S has broader appeal than the B12H, and both parties are acting in their own interests, AS THEY SHOULD.

James O'Brien also made some pretty bold statements and in my opinion asked for a combative relationship instead of a conciliatory one...
Please post any James O'Brien quotes that might ask for a combative relationship.
Also give me some examples since 1996 of V8SA having a conciliatory attitude to anyone in Australian Motorsport that wasn't "in the tent".
Old 13 Sep 2014, 03:04 (Ref:3452780)   #893
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We all knew this was going to happen so it's no surprise, bathurst 12 hr 2016 will be interesting, will see what excuse v8s have then.Well done to the 12 hr management for not taking up the deal to have the 2events combined. I now pray that Webber comes to take more of the.spotlight away from v8s
Old 14 Sep 2014, 01:12 (Ref:3453059)   #894
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The RX8's for the Bathurst 12 hour are taking a run at the Nationals next weekend at Phillip Island in the Sports Sedans.

42 SS Vereker Bros Crash / Henley Racing Dan Vereker Vic Mazda RX8 GT 3531T R/Y/W/Blk
43 SS Superior Rigging / Henley Racing John Perkins Vic Mazda RX8 GT 3531T R/Y/W/Blk
67 SS Stawell Cartage / Henley Racing Bruce Henley Vic Mazda RX8 GT 3428T Blue
Old 14 Sep 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3453200)   #895
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
I now pray that Webber comes to take more of the.spotlight away from v8s
Even the Webber angle might be interesting, how binding is his Channel 10 contract for next year, might he be required by Ch10 at the test day?
Old 14 Sep 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3453300)   #896
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see those RX8s in the running. I've become so used to US and European teams being '99% there, we just need the funding' that I don't believe any releases that don't specifically confirm entries any more, so I was very cynical about this programme. Will be a real treat for visitors to Bathurst to hear those things next year.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3453362)   #897
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Even the Webber angle might be interesting, how binding is his Channel 10 contract for next year, might he be required by Ch10 at the test day?
The way the announcement read - this was only big events such as Clipsal, Bathurst etc

I think there will be bigger obstacles to overcome rather than channel 10
Old 14 Sep 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3453363)   #898
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Porsche want him to race he will race, if they don't he won't. Simple as that. Ten would have no say in it at all.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:45 (Ref:3453442)   #899
D.R.T.
Veteran

I'd love to think that Porsche Australia or Porsche HQ for that matter would see great marketing value in putting Eric Bana, Patrick Dempsey and Mark Webber in the Gentleman's class at Bathurst.......................... but then maybe not
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3453443)   #900
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
I'd love to think that Porsche Australia or Porsche HQ for that matter would see great marketing value in putting Eric Bana, Patrick Dempsey and Mark Webber in the Gentleman's class at Bathurst.......................... but then maybe not
Can you imagine the viewership from the female side?