Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jul 2024, 09:29 (Ref:4220435)   #901
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be half related to the above, at the moment our buses rear ends are showing adverts of Dell and of course AI. Those adverts refer to the Mclaren F1 team doing really well ATM. PR people dont read the forum I guess…
I understand they are going to put them on buses in Australia upside down.
Old 24 Jul 2024, 15:14 (Ref:4220464)   #902
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I understand they are going to put them on buses in Australia upside down.
Idiot. I was trying to be topical but was rushing to go out and should have said:

'I understand they are going to put them on buses in Australia swapped round.'
Old 24 Jul 2024, 15:21 (Ref:4220465)   #903
ridaow
Rookie

ridaow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Idiot. I was trying to be topical but was rushing to go out and should have said:

'I understand they are going to put them on buses in Australia swapped round.'
Very droll - at least the second time around ......
Old 24 Jul 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4220479)   #904
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
I must be idiot if not more because I got the picture at your first attempt. But having said that, I wonder about the Olympic flame in your country………… Hot topic, huh?
Old 30 Jul 2024, 15:04 (Ref:4221167)   #905
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My trusty little weather station on my front window sill told me it was 60.2 degrees at lunchtime. It's in the shade now so has plummeted to 40 degrees.

I went to the supermarket in a nearby town this afternoon, where according to my car it was 44 degrees. By the time I got home & parked (in the shade) that had dropped to 36 degrees.

No doubt all the eco loons will be getting excited & squawking about it being the warmest day ever & we are all doomed... We are not of course.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 15:32 (Ref:4221175)   #906
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
We are not of course.
Or course we are not. But from your observations we've better live in the shade!
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:15 (Ref:4221189)   #907
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought it must just be me , but a couple of internet places I tried to go onto have been showing the dreaded 404 .
Then I saw that there had been another Microsoft problem , perhaps not as bad as the CROWDSTRIKE one recently . Now seems to be working again . Has anyone else noticed any problems with their internet
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4221191)   #908
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No problems here with internet but my mobile phone hasn't been able to find a signal since Sunday.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:27 (Ref:4221194)   #909
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Waiting for grant's reaction here…
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:31 (Ref:4221195)   #910
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
My trusty little weather station on my front window sill told me it was 60.2 degrees at lunchtime. It's in the shade now so has plummeted to 40 degrees.

I went to the supermarket in a nearby town this afternoon, where according to my car it was 44 degrees. By the time I got home & parked (in the shade) that had dropped to 36 degrees.

No doubt all the eco loons will be getting excited & squawking about it being the warmest day ever & we are all doomed... We are not of course.
In the UK we have the MET OFFICE , which for some time has been taken over by the Global Warming scammers .
A study shows that 80% of its weather stations / temp gauges do not meet MWO standards for accurate readings . And there are putting up more in unsuitable places so that they can keep up the " Warmest Ever " lies .
A year or so ago they had a "Hottest Ever " one from a gauge beside a runway on an RAF airfield when fighter jets were taking off .
So we can expect a constant ongoing load of lies .
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:38 (Ref:4221197)   #911
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Thought it must just be me , but a couple of internet places I tried to go onto have been showing the dreaded 404 .
Then I saw that there had been another Microsoft problem , perhaps not as bad as the CROWDSTRIKE one recently . Now seems to be working again . Has anyone else noticed any problems with their internet
My oultlook e mails have been somewhat hit and miss today.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:42 (Ref:4221200)   #912
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
My oultlook e mails have been somewhat hit and miss today.
OUTLOOK is a Microsoft system , so perhaps there have been a few minor effects .
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:47 (Ref:4221203)   #913
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
They had some issus last night during the OG's table tennis semi final. A piece of chalk and a board are so romantic nowadays!
Old 30 Jul 2024, 17:13 (Ref:4221207)   #914
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
They had some issus last night during the OG's table tennis semi final. A piece of chalk and a board are so romantic nowadays!
Every time you mention the OG's I think you are talking about my old school - the Old Greshamians.

Did you see Macron's very intimate moment with one of his minister's after the opening horror show? Poor Attal didn't know which way to look!
Old 30 Jul 2024, 17:56 (Ref:4221212)   #915
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha no, didn't see that. Did he try to kiss Attal on the mouth? While we are here.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 18:02 (Ref:4221214)   #916
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally I reckon that The Virus and all computer related problems are the Chinese finding out how they can fight WW3 without going down the old-fashioned shoot 'em up Putin route.

Cue 2030 when we have a really virulent health virus backed up by Chinese sleepers at Microsoft /Crowdstrike/AWS wrecking the world's computer infrastructure at the same time. Also all electric cars will shut down blocking the main routes. China sells the antidote to the health virus and will unlock the cars/computers but at what cost?

PS I also have a tin foil hat and believe the world is flat

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jul 2024, 18:10 (Ref:4221216)   #917
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Ha no, didn't see that. Did he try to kiss Attal on the mouth? While we are here.
Worse than that! He got a full-on assault from the sports minister - the Spanish football guy would have been very proud of it.

Brigitte was not amused but Sarkozy was!!
Old 30 Jul 2024, 18:35 (Ref:4221220)   #918
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The sports minister? No kidding! She's ugly, sounds stupid and looks a heck of a weirdo! Definitely he should have kissed Attal! Or Sarko-the-angry-dwarf…
Old 30 Jul 2024, 18:44 (Ref:4221223)   #919
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Daily Heil reports Microsoft is suffering outages again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tivemenubutton

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jul 2024, 18:54 (Ref:4221225)   #920
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If my memory serves, this company has several contracts here, including army. They were found to be cheaper than others. French Air Farce too?
Old 30 Jul 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4221237)   #921
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
The sports minister? No kidding! She's ugly, sounds stupid and looks a heck of a weirdo! Definitely he should have kissed Attal! Or Sarko-the-angry-dwarf…
My thoughts exactly! The photo is on The Telegraph website but apparently came from somewhere called Madame Figaro, who called it a "curious kiss".

Probably had a nasty bite-mark on his neck afterwards!

Everyone in the picture is laughing apart from Brigitte & Attal...
Old 31 Jul 2024, 06:40 (Ref:4221266)   #922
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
We had problems yesterday with our (cloud based) workshop management software, this is part of the explanation we had from the providers:
"We want to inform you about a global issue currently affecting Microsoft Azure, which is impacting various services, including those accessed through Azure Front Door—Microsoft's global content delivery network. This outage is affecting a range of services provided by businesses worldwide."
Old 31 Jul 2024, 13:16 (Ref:4221314)   #923
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
We had problems yesterday with our (cloud based) workshop management software, this is part of the explanation we had from the providers:
"We want to inform you about a global issue currently affecting Microsoft Azure, which is impacting various services, including those accessed through Azure Front Door—Microsoft's global content delivery network. This outage is affecting a range of services provided by businesses worldwide."

Sounds like there's still a place for old fashioned spreadsheets.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 13:08 (Ref:4221437)   #924
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Ah, Azure is a regular point of failure, sometimes only in very limited areas, sometimes rather globally.

Still, at least it's comforting to know that it mostly only affects services accessed through the Front Door.

Personally, I am disinclined to engage with any form of services through the back door.
Old 1 Aug 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4221452)   #925
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Personally, I am disinclined to engage with any form of services through the back door.