Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Jan 2024, 19:50 (Ref:4190892)   #901
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Since it seems BTCC have yet to share it on social media, here is the first episode of On the Limit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LII0zslT4LM
Average start for the new PR agency….
Old 5 Jan 2024, 19:59 (Ref:4190893)   #902
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Was there even a current BTCC car there last year. It’s a Tuning and Tat show now
Can't recall one. Plenty of drivers around though.
Old 5 Jan 2024, 20:01 (Ref:4190894)   #903
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Doubt there will be any announcements
Not a patch on what it use to be Autosport show
Last years was empty compared to recent years and BTCC don’t have a stand anymore
They must have. The Motorsport News stand will be a BTCC affair (as was announced last year) which must have some BTCC money going into it. I doubt what's left of that paper could buy a ticket to the show, never mind pay for a stand.
Old 5 Jan 2024, 20:40 (Ref:4190897)   #904
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
They must have. The Motorsport News stand will be a BTCC affair (as was announced last year) which must have some BTCC money going into it. I doubt what's left of that paper could buy a ticket to the show, never mind pay for a stand.
Used to be a big Lads day out from Ireland - there and back on Ryanair in a day. Not anymore.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 08:49 (Ref:4191091)   #905
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
I thought we'd decided against this sort of nonsense?
It's not that nonsensical.

Shedden is due to appear (with Neal in a stand-alone segment) and Thompson has said he is confident of being on the grid with Team Dynamics backing.

It's not a stretch to expect any sort of deal involving Thompson and Team Dynamics support to be announced.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 08:52 (Ref:4191092)   #906
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just catching up on everything so far:

2024 TBL2024 TeamCarDriverStatus
Excelr8 Motorsport-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed for 2 years in press release (24&25)
Excelr8 Motorsport-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Excelr8 Motorsport-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Excelr8 Motorsport-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Alliance Racing-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSutton Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing -2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing -3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STRowbottom? 
Alliance Racing -4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborne? 
West Surrey Racing-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkington? 
West Surrey Racing-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorgan? 
West Surrey Racing-3Team BMWBMW 330e M Sport??? 
West Surrey Racing-4Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-1Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportButcher?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-2Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportCollard?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-3Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportGamble?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-4Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportHuff?Team stated they are evaluating
Power Maxed Racing-1CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraTaylor-SmithConfirmed in Press Release (24&25)
Power Maxed Racing-2CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-3CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra??? 
Restart Racing-1Restart RacingCupra León SmileyConfirmed in Press Release
Restart Racing-2Restart RacingCupra León???Confirmed in Press Release
One Motorsport-1One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
One Motorsport -2One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
One Motorsport -3One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
Aiden Moffat Racing-1????????? 
Aiden Moffat Racing-2????????? 
CMB Racing-1????????? 
Other Rumours    
?????????HamiltonSpoke to ITV stating he is working on a deal
?????????ThompsonStated he is confident of being on the grid, and supported by Team Dynamic

Key:
Green/Bold – Confirmed in a press release since the start of 2023 season
Green – Confirmed in a press release prior to 2023 season
Amber – Indicated as happening by comments from official sources
Blue – Rumoured in multiple sources
Old 8 Jan 2024, 09:05 (Ref:4191093)   #907
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just catching up on everything so far:

2024 TBL2024 TeamCarDriverStatus
Excelr8 Motorsport-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed for 2 years in press release (24&25)
Excelr8 Motorsport-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Excelr8 Motorsport-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Excelr8 Motorsport-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Alliance Racing-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSutton Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing -2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing -3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STRowbottom? 
Alliance Racing -4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborne? 
West Surrey Racing-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkington? 
West Surrey Racing-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorgan? 
West Surrey Racing-3Team BMWBMW 330e M Sport??? 
West Surrey Racing-4Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-1Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportButcher?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-2Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportCollard?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-3Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportGamble?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-4Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportHuff?Team stated they are evaluating
Power Maxed Racing-1CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraTaylor-SmithConfirmed in Press Release (24&25)
Power Maxed Racing-2CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-3CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra??? 
Restart Racing-1Restart RacingCupra León SmileyConfirmed in Press Release
Restart Racing-2Restart RacingCupra León???Confirmed in Press Release
One Motorsport-1One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
One Motorsport -2One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
One Motorsport -3One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
Aiden Moffat Racing-1????????? 
Aiden Moffat Racing-2????????? 
CMB Racing-1????????? 
Other Rumours    
?????????HamiltonSpoke to ITV stating he is working on a deal
?????????ThompsonStated he is confident of being on the grid, and supported by Team Dynamic

Key:
Green/Bold – Confirmed in a press release since the start of 2023 season
Green – Confirmed in a press release prior to 2023 season
Amber – Indicated as happening by comments from official sources
Blue – Rumoured in multiple sources
Pretty ridiculous that Osborne isn't in Green - his Dad owns the Team!
Old 8 Jan 2024, 09:12 (Ref:4191094)   #908
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Pretty ridiculous that Osborne isn't in Green - his Dad owns the Team!"

Unless he decides to step into the NAPA Porsche....and Jamie has a BTCC season?
Old 8 Jan 2024, 09:14 (Ref:4191095)   #909
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
crm, I would have thought that Ingram deserves to be up there at EXCLR-8, in black at least with a question mark, unless you seriously doubt he will be back. Especially as you've pencilled in so many of the other drivers at BMW and Napa.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 09:59 (Ref:4191100)   #910
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Pretty ridiculous that Osborne isn't in Green - his Dad owns the Team!
I haven't seen anything released that indicates he will continue driving for the team - unless you have a link to anything?

If he returns, then it will almost certainly be at NAPA - but what if he wants to move to a different series (NAPA run in other series too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
crm, I would have thought that Ingram deserves to be up there at EXCLR-8, in black at least with a question mark, unless you seriously doubt he will be back. Especially as you've pencilled in so many of the other drivers at BMW and Napa.
Noted - I just hadn't come across any comments yet relating to his 2024 status. The other pencilled in drivers have all at least had a comment from a team member or in an article discussing them in 2024.

I'll add Ingram as a probable at the next update.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 14:47 (Ref:4191128)   #911
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
"Pretty ridiculous that Osborne isn't in Green - his Dad owns the Team!"
Not a given in BTCC. Matt Neal drove for 888 against his Father's team.

The tables crmalcolm does aren't based on guesses and assumptions, we're done from a basis of credibility able to backed up by evidence, thats what makes them the best/most reliable on the web because they aren't someone's fantasy lineup like you see on FB/Reddit.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 15:04 (Ref:4191129)   #912
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Not a given in BTCC. Matt Neal drove for 888 against his Father's team.

The tables crmalcolm does aren't based on guesses and assumptions, we're done from a basis of credibility able to backed up by evidence, thats what makes them the best/most reliable on the web because they aren't someone's fantasy lineup like you see on FB/Reddit.
Billy Bleach made the comment, not me!

I think it likely Sam will return for NAPA in the Focus but nothing confirmed yet. Perhaps we’ll know more for NAPA and elsewhere after the Autosport show….
Old 8 Jan 2024, 15:25 (Ref:4191132)   #913
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
For what it's worth, do I think that Osborne will be in a NAPA Ford and Ingram in an Excelr-8 Hyundai - yes to both.

Osborne will always be linked to the team through a family connection. But, as pointed out by others, sometimes people can drive for teams outside of their family construct - or even in another series:
Matt Neal - 2008/9.
Andy Jordan - 2009.
Tony Gilham - 2012 (part season).

If anyone has something more tangible to put Osborne as a definite in the seat - I'm happy to update the table.

Ingram is another. He has stated that he is having fitting for his race suit this month, and always talks about the BTCC as his place he races. But, I have not seen anything official yet that puts him in a BTCC seat, especially at Excelr-8. If there is an interview / release I have missed, again I'll gladly update.

If I was to make a guess - 75% certain of Osborne in a NAPA Focus, 90% certain of Ingram at Excelr-8. But, they are just my assumptions.

As always - if it's not in the public domain I don't put it in my table. There is much that is behind closed doors still that is already confirmed.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 23:53 (Ref:4191167)   #914
coffinpilot
Veteran

I think this tweet from Excelr8 just about confirms Ingram, unless they've nicked his personal sponsor, or - this isn't a rumour, just something I'd love to see - Ingram has been picked up fully salaried and put into a NAPA Focus for a face-off with Sutton!

Back on topic though, it's a fairly big clue isn't it?

https://twitter.com/Excelr8M/status/1743240971498770508
Old 8 Jan 2024, 23:57 (Ref:4191168)   #915
coffinpilot
Veteran

Also, relating to the above, the fact that a tweet like that from the team that took the championship just over a year ago has (at time of me posting this) 0 replies, 1 retweet and 7 likes from 358 views, it kind of shows that the championship as a whole has one hell of a job on to drag itself into the digital world of the 21st century.
Old 9 Jan 2024, 06:20 (Ref:4191197)   #916
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Also, relating to the above, the fact that a tweet like that from the team that took the championship just over a year ago has (at time of me posting this) 0 replies, 1 retweet and 7 likes from 358 views, it kind of shows that the championship as a whole has one hell of a job on to drag itself into the digital world of the 21st century.
Particularly when it seems the New PR agency for the Championship was so slow of the mark with the series 4 on the limit show
Old 9 Jan 2024, 08:14 (Ref:4191200)   #917
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I get the point you are trying to make but this isn't a great example. It's a shout-out to a secondary sponsor, which is a nothing post. Unless you the sort of manic fanboy who likes or replies to every post, this type of post not getting much response is not that surprising.
Old 9 Jan 2024, 09:58 (Ref:4191205)   #918
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I agree, that’s rather too low but to be fair there’s not much life left in Twitter anymore - I haven’t looked but expect the same thing has been posted to Instagram and Facebook and had a few more likes? I try to ‘like’ these things to feel like I’m doing my bit, or maybe I feel a bit sorry for them!

Incidentally, the ‘prologue’ of On the Limit is on 3.3k views after three-ish days, which doesn’t sound like much at all.
Old 9 Jan 2024, 10:29 (Ref:4191206)   #919
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I agree, that’s rather too low but to be fair there’s not much life left in Twitter anymore - I haven’t looked but expect the same thing has been posted to Instagram and Facebook and had a few more likes? I try to ‘like’ these things to feel like I’m doing my bit, or maybe I feel a bit sorry for them!

Incidentally, the ‘prologue’ of On the Limit is on 3.3k views after three-ish days, which doesn’t sound like much at all.

Out of interest how many people watch / react to this Forum?
Old 9 Jan 2024, 10:48 (Ref:4191207)   #920
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Out of interest how many people watch / react to this Forum?
Some of that is on the home page:

Currently Active Users: 6620 (46 members and 6574 guests)

Most users ever online was 10,306, 28 Nov 2023 at 09:54.

Threads: 146,536, Posts: 4,148,579, Members: 50,769

In the Touring Car section specifically:
420 (15 members & 405 guests)
Old 9 Jan 2024, 10:55 (Ref:4191208)   #921
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm unsure whether this forum's software distinguishes between genuine guests and bots, because that would make a major difference to the numbers.
Old 9 Jan 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4191215)   #922
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.btcc.net/2024/01/09/comi...n-in-the-btcc/

"The next of the 2024 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship driver announcements is due in the next 48 hours, so make sure you keep checking the official website and social media channels for the latest news. The bulk of the BTCC driver signings will be coming later this month and into February/March with some truly exciting announcements in the pipeline."

Interesting times...
Old 9 Jan 2024, 14:50 (Ref:4191219)   #923
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
https://www.btcc.net/2024/01/09/comi...n-in-the-btcc/

"The next of the 2024 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship driver announcements is due in the next 48 hours, so make sure you keep checking the official website and social media channels for the latest news. The bulk of the BTCC driver signings will be coming later this month and into February/March with some truly exciting announcements in the pipeline."

Interesting times...
Involvement from Andrew Watson hopefully reassures he’ll be back next year.

Noticed Thompson and Jade Edwards both have their own solo interview on ASI’s main stage on Thursday, so perhaps the imminent announcements concern them (although both usually get confirmed very late, presumably trying to find the budget)
Old 9 Jan 2024, 19:30 (Ref:4191235)   #924
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I get the point you are trying to make but this isn't a great example. It's a shout-out to a secondary sponsor, which is a nothing post. Unless you the sort of manic fanboy who likes or replies to every post, this type of post not getting much response is not that surprising.
The simple point being for a series that pulls what? 30,000 fans to a track and a few hundred thousand viewers to TV? the overall social media interaction throughout all of its major players is very poor because of a historically weak and slow push digitally by the BTCC. That a championship winning team only garners a few hundred views in passing is poor.
A different example is Ingram on his own YouTube page. Two vids about his 2023 season where he talks race-by-race at 700 and 300 views each. It should be more. Much more (even if the production quality of both is utterly horrendous.
I just think the audience size to social numbers is incredibly poor, and a reflection of the brand building that's really, really needed. Just my thoughts.

The announcement today though does I think have a bit of promise. Not ground breaking, but a bit more of a push. I doubt Matt Bishop is going to be day-to-day, but for example the Aston Martin behind the scenes vids that launched in his final season there was a brilliant, engaging programme. We need a bit of that love here.
Old 9 Jan 2024, 19:45 (Ref:4191236)   #925
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
The simple point being for a series that pulls what? 30,000 fans to a track and a few hundred thousand viewers to TV? the overall social media interaction throughout all of its major players is very poor because of a historically weak and slow push digitally by the BTCC. That a championship winning team only garners a few hundred views in passing is poor.
A different example is Ingram on his own YouTube page. Two vids about his 2023 season where he talks race-by-race at 700 and 300 views each. It should be more. Much more (even if the production quality of both is utterly horrendous.
I just think the audience size to social numbers is incredibly poor, and a reflection of the brand building that's really, really needed. Just my thoughts.

The announcement today though does I think have a bit of promise. Not ground breaking, but a bit more of a push. I doubt Matt Bishop is going to be day-to-day, but for example the Aston Martin behind the scenes vids that launched in his final season there was a brilliant, engaging programme. We need a bit of that love here.
All a Bit Ecclestone era trapped in the pre internet World….. Luddite’s rule! All being well a change of PR will bring the series into the modern age!