Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Sep 2023, 14:20 (Ref:4176442)   #901
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
They seem to be lost. Not holding high expectations, mystified at performance deficits. Focused on reliability, but things they focus on continue to fail (gear selection).

I am guessing the car is a challenge to setup and has a super narrow performance window that they don't fully understand.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...lifying-tires/

https://us.motorsport.com/wec/news/p...uval/10517332/
Old 21 Sep 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4177689)   #902
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It appears Menezes replacement will be Vandoorne

https://racer.com/2023/09/21/vandoor...eot-wec-drive/

Great choice.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4177691)   #903
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A rear wing on the Peugeot 9X8 in 2024, with a new tyres too.

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...ugeot-9x8-2024
Old 21 Sep 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4177693)   #904
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
A rear wing on the Peugeot 9X8 in 2024, with a new tyres too.

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...ugeot-9x8-2024

I just came to post the same news. Better late than never.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4177715)   #905
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
All the difference between a perfect but theoretical concept and a race proven car. That's why Finot didn't speak too much after Fuji. What will be the BoP after that is a good question imo.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4177772)   #906
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I told them! Hey Peugeot, my consultancy fees are very competitive
Old 22 Sep 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4177779)   #907
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
With such a pseudo not surprising… They have been working on two concepts from the beginning. One "classical" and the other we know and see. I dont think that adding a wing to the actual car is a just add water job.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4177781)   #908
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
With such a pseudo not surprising… They have been working on two concepts from the beginning. One "classical" and the other we know and see. I dont think that adding a wing to the actual car is a just add water job.
It will be a Halfords screw on job
Old 22 Sep 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4177785)   #909
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And, in the end, it will be a far sight better than the present half-arsed effort we've seen. It was the rear down force design that was their Achilles' heel, could never get it to be stable, much a less work.
And so, they have decided to dump it for a more conventional rear wing assembly.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 13:11 (Ref:4177790)   #910
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I applaud Peugeot for trying something different - trying to beat the odds. Doesn't always work but valuable know-how has been amassed, I'm sure. No need to insult the hard working crew.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 15:17 (Ref:4177814)   #911
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not an insult, it's just an assessment of an engineering exercise that I knew wasn't going to work in the way that they thought.
They were thinking in the same venue as underbody ground effects were in the 70's, but focusing on the rear tire diffusers as a source of downforce. The problem was that it was inconsistent, great on the straights but a handful when it comes to turns and changes in track terrain. It was a passive system, which lacked the instant adjustability that an active system would provide. Reasons as to why cars have both the wing and rear underbody diffuser, working in concert to maintain balance and control.
I have no reason to believe that such an exercise would not be beneficial, but it would involve a more substantial amount of time, money, and forethought. It would've been better if Peugeot had done a car with a conventional rear aerodynamic assembly while doing this as as aside, for future deployment or as an upgrade.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 19:55 (Ref:4177844)   #912
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I applaud Peugeot for trying something different - trying to beat the odds. Doesn't always work but valuable know-how has been amassed, I'm sure. No need to insult the hard working crew.
Agreed. Assuming your "no need to insult" is a wish, I'm with you again. As to Finot, I find that when he speaks it's always interesting and when he doesn't it's often worrying. The man is straight. IMO.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 21:36 (Ref:4177852)   #913
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair play to Peugeot for trying something a bit different but ultimately there is a reason why most race cars in a particular series end up looking the same.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 03:15 (Ref:4178460)   #914
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They needed a car that worked all as one. But from what I gather from a few sources I've found, the suspension is not doing any favors. The smooth tracks are ok for them. But Sebring and anything with bumps to upset the ride height ruins the cars whole philosophy.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4178475)   #915
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
It will be a Halfords screw on job
No, more sophisticated than that. I managed to find a mock-up they're testing on a Corvette..... Should be really good when they iron out the initial creases.....
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2023-09-27 092509.png  
Old 27 Sep 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4178505)   #916
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They needed a car that worked all as one. But from what I gather from a few sources I've found, the suspension is not doing any favors. The smooth tracks are ok for them. But Sebring and anything with bumps to upset the ride height ruins the cars whole philosophy.
I wonder if their suspension setup is quite stiff & static in order to take advantage of the underbody aero? A bit like the current F1 cars that are sprung far stiffer than the previous generation, this has made them trickier in lower speed situations and low speed traction is trickier.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4178513)   #917
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, more sophisticated than that. I managed to find a mock-up they're testing on a Corvette..... Should be really good when they iron out the initial creases.....
Old 27 Sep 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4178518)   #918
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Needs less rear df with the new rear engine, and gotta save money to help those Ams out on repair bills
Old 2 Oct 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4179235)   #919
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2024 Peugeot 9X8, with a full rear wing and the underfloor aero of the current car, ditched for a flat floor, is likely to test for the first time in December.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...rear-wing.html
Old 2 Oct 2023, 12:30 (Ref:4179238)   #920
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of all regressions away from the mean becomes zero.

It seems odd for Peugeot to not realise how much track surface and pitch sensitivity would affect the aero platform of the 9X8, but hopefully they will be up to speed quicker and more often next year.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 01:37 (Ref:4179347)   #921
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did they spend all their time testing at Magny Cours? I don’t think they did. It just reminded me of the oddity we’ve seen with French teams in the past. Super smooth, but not relevant to elsewhere. Remember it with Peugeot with the 905 in the first year and several Ligiers.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 12:12 (Ref:4179414)   #922
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of all regressions away from the mean becomes zero.

It seems odd for Peugeot to not realise how much track surface and pitch sensitivity would affect the aero platform of the 9X8, but hopefully they will be up to speed quicker and more often next year.
My thinking is that they did actually test at mostly smooth venues. I can't recall the article I read now but it stated that the first "bumpy track" they tested on was when they rocked up at Sebring for that race weekend. I dont really know what planet Peugeot were on when they designed this car. To me it almost seems as though they tried to design a LeMans special, and then have it kinda suffer at all the other tracks, but be like a rocket at LeMans, alas that never happened.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4179435)   #923
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Menezes might have left at exactly the wrong time...
Old 3 Oct 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4179454)   #924
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
My thinking is that they did actually test at mostly smooth venues. I can't recall the article I read now but it stated that the first "bumpy track" they tested on was when they rocked up at Sebring for that race weekend. I dont really know what planet Peugeot were on when they designed this car. To me it almost seems as though they tried to design a LeMans special, and then have it kinda suffer at all the other tracks, but be like a rocket at LeMans, alas that never happened.
Exactly what I was thinking, Sodemo. This is why many teams and manufacturers test at Sebring, not only before race, but before the entire season. It's the best way to find out how well you've built your car, and to shake out any problems that can hamper its performance. They would've found out the issues they had with the suspension, transmission, and rear aero. They tried to run a partial season in '22, and that was a painful exercise to watch. Remember Monza...
Old 3 Oct 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4179504)   #925
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
it said that the larger rear tires won't allow the same aerodynamic flow for the diffuser, so...