Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3453463)   #901
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haha thats a good point - a no brainer!

Any chance the Porsche marketing manager is female?
Old 15 Sep 2014, 06:08 (Ref:3453468)   #902
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Haha thats a good point - a no brainer! Any chance the Porsche marketing manager is female?
Bring in sponsorship from L'Oreal, it would go off.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3453598)   #903
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Bring in sponsorship from L'Oreal, it would go off.
Because it would be worth it?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 05:38 (Ref:3453798)   #904
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh dear !!!

THE SHOW off the track will be just as exciting as the one on it at the 2015 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour.
Organisers have announced a new partnership with Raceline Events to promote a spectacular auto show at the February 6-8, 2015 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour Event that will fill Harris Park with colour and excitement across the weekend.
To be known as the Bathurst 12 Hour Supershow, the two-day Event will be a full-on show and shine complete with judging and a prizes – with presentations to be held during the lunchtime shift of the 12-hour race on Sunday.

Old 16 Sep 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3453804)   #905
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHY???

I'd rather see a static display of road going sports cars, maybe some new models or even some historic sports/race cars with relevance to the event. Set up some marquees in the carpark between the entrance gates and the grandstand on the main straight and invite car clubs or a even get a few cars from the Porsche museum etc.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3453810)   #906
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh it is getting flogged on their Facebook page. So poorly delivered and executed. The underlying principle should be to get it like Lemans where people drive their sports / classic cars there not to turn it into Summernats meets Autosalon.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3453815)   #907
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

Why oh why??

The race doesn't need this crap

The cars at the entrance were fine this year ( hey I'd never seen a McLaren MP4-12C in the flesh and then there's like half a dozen in a row, I loved that ) but that should be the limit.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3453983)   #908
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Why oh why??

The race doesn't need this crap

The cars at the entrance were fine this year ( hey I'd never seen a McLaren MP4-12C in the flesh and then there's like half a dozen in a row, I loved that ) but that should be the limit.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Sep 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3454008)   #909
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Must. Not. Be. Grammar. Nazi.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 03:46 (Ref:3454188)   #910
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Go bogan go!
Old 17 Sep 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3454448)   #911
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

Nissan not very happy at all with V8 Supercars over test day clash

http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/09/18/v8...hurst-12-hour/

Looks like Nissan desperately wanted Rick Kelly to drive as part of their driver exchange program. Also mentioned is a second car with up to 3 V8 stars which won't happen now. Which leads to me think about what Michael Krumm is doing next February?
Old 17 Sep 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3454477)   #912
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazes me the lengths Warburton is willing to go on this. Darren Cox does not sound like the sort of person you want to **** off.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3454486)   #913
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone in the speedcafe comments section actually got feedback from V8SC for his letter... interesting exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Armstrong
To Whom It May Concern,

As a long term supporter of all things motorsport in Australia and Overseas, I find it quite absurd that v8 Supercars have scheduled their test day on the same weekend as the Bathurst 12 Hour in 2015. This event has a growing audience both at the track and in the media, and I think you will find that fans having to make a choice between the two ,( like myself , family and friends) , will choose Mount Panorama over Sydney Motorsport Park.

There is room in the calendar for both categories to each have a successful weekend, so please rethink your scheduling to allow the fans to experience both and see their motorsport hero’s compete at both venues and events. Don’t think that V8 Supercar fans who have attended Sydney Motorsport Park over the last couple of years for the test days will turn up again, given a great program of world class motorsport and vehicles at arguably the best track in Australia.

Kind regards,
Grant Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Supercars
Hi Grant,

We thank you for your feedback regarding the possible clash of pre-season dates next year, noting that a weekend date for our traditional test day is still to be finalised.

For numerous reasons, notwithstanding the opening game of the Cricket World Cup and the final of the Australian tennis open, this is the only ‘free’ weekend available to us in February. Our Board, Commission and teams agree this is the only practical weekend in preparation for the 2015 season. Unfortunately all forms of sport are sometimes subject to calendar conflicts. It is pertinent to note that the AFL, regarded the biggest sport in this country, has said it may delay the start of its 2015 season to accommodate the World Cup.

You may be interested to know that prior to earmarking this weekend V8 Supercars approached the promoter of the Bathurst event to work together but the organiser declined.

As this country’s leading category we are working extremely hard with CAMs to support and promote all forms of motorsport from all ages and we will continue to do so with great vigour. Australian motorsport and all categories enjoy the benefits of V8 Supercars, its’ events and the exposure they bring to motorsport as a whole. V8 Supercars, our teams and drivers thank you and all of our fans for your continued support.

Regards,
V8 Supercars.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3454514)   #914
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprising v8s bothered to reply.
Flaggies situation will be interesting.
Good to see Nissan putting up a fight, hope others do too.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3454516)   #915
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a fan of all types of racing I am very disappointed to see this date clash.

Personally I would prefer V8s to start their season after the AGP and reduce some of the gaps in the calendar.

However I hope these gaps will allow V8 drivers (who can put a deal together) to race at Le Mans and Spa 24 hour races.

Seems odd that they can do those races but not the biggest Australian sports car race?
Old 18 Sep 2014, 05:52 (Ref:3454570)   #916
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SVG's "political" comment on social media was withdrawn after a conversation with V8SC management according to Speedcafe.
Max Papis tweeting today that he's trying to organise a drive.

Last edited by Reload; 18 Sep 2014 at 06:10.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3454582)   #917
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
SVG's "political" comment on social media was withdrawn after a conversation with V8SC management according to Speedcafe.
Max Papis tweeting today that he's trying to organise a drive.
Auto Action and not Speedcafe.
Old 19 Sep 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3454902)   #918
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Clash cost Triple Eight Bathurst 12 Hour deal

19 September 2014 - National NewsTriple Eight Race Engineering owner Roland Dane says he had to jettison plans to field a factory Bathurst 12 Hour effort over the much vaunted date clash with the official V8 Supercars pre-season testRead More
Old 19 Sep 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3454905)   #919
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
............and this ridiculous saga goes on and on.
It's like a soap opera, with regular press releases and comments from mainly the V8 crowd.
The one bloke who can hold his head high here, is James O'Brien. Unless I've missed something, he's just continued on his way to deliver us an event, which just keeps on improving every year. He doesn't seem to have seen the need to justify the B12H race weekend scheduling and TV programming unlike the other mob.
Old 19 Sep 2014, 07:22 (Ref:3454923)   #920
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Three RX-8s hit the track at Phillip Island

Bruce Henley is campaigning a three-car Mazda RX-8 team in the Kerrick Sports Sedan Series this weekend after the recent arrival of his latest two ex-Grand-Am machines Read More
Old 19 Sep 2014, 07:32 (Ref:3454925)   #921
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's strengthen a rumour that will put the test day even further away from the spotlight

SO
Who listened to Mid week motorsport this week, specifically the interview with Patrick Dempsey?

When asked about his 2015 plans he said there would be announcements soon that he was excited about.
No problem, normal racing driver stuff, quizzed a little more, "I presume you will be back to Europe?" Answer: "Yes, and other places" and talking about doing great events
Paraphrased, but 1+1 equaling a window frame, could this be a clue see him coming as being more likely, what is more, if he is on the way you would think Patrick Long would be a pretty strong chance as well

If you want to go to the Radiolemans site it is almost exactly 1 hour in to the pod cast
Old 19 Sep 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3454926)   #922
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
Let's strengthen a rumour that will put the test day even further away from the spotlight

SO
Who listened to Mid week motorsport this week, specifically the interview with Patrick Dempsey?

When asked about his 2015 plans he said there would be announcements soon that he was excited about.
No problem, normal racing driver stuff, quizzed a little more, "I presume you will be back to Europe?" Answer: "Yes, and other places" and talking about doing great events
Paraphrased, but 1+1 equaling a window frame, could this be a clue see him coming as being more likely, what is more, if he is on the way you would think Patrick Long would be a pretty strong chance as well

If you want to go to the Radiolemans site it is almost exactly 1 hour in to the pod cast
It'll keep the missus out of my hair for 3 days
That would be an awesome coup Notso if it eventuates and will certainly have the girls interested.
Old 19 Sep 2014, 08:06 (Ref:3454937)   #923
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AND
Mainstream media

While the V8's will only get a by-line (insert evil laugh)
Old 19 Sep 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3454966)   #924
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
............and this ridiculous saga goes on and on.
It's like a soap opera, with regular press releases and comments from mainly the V8 crowd.
The one bloke who can hold his head high here, is James O'Brien. Unless I've missed something, he's just continued on his way to deliver us an event, which just keeps on improving every year. He doesn't seem to have seen the need to justify the B12H race weekend scheduling and TV programming unlike the other mob.
Think I heard o'brien went to 10 looking at what they'd offer and agreed then went to 7 to better it though I could be very wrong.

While it's a shame the V8 guys can't enter cause it would attract more locals to the event, the ROW couldn't care less.

Time to stop talking about it and just look forward to the event.
Old 19 Sep 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3455050)   #925
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
While it's a shame the V8 guys can't enter cause it would attract more locals to the event, the ROW couldn't care less.

Time to stop talking about it and just look forward to the event.
Agree and disagree at the same time. It annoys me that this totally unnecessary V8SC debacle sees Nissan almost certainly staying with one entry instead of possibly 2 cars. Hopefully Betty will keep both SLS entered even if prevented from using Holdsworth and Davo as drivers. Was 888 really considering an entry until their latest announcement? And what of SVG, who added real value along with Craig Lowndes to the closing half hour in this year's race? All up, potentially 9 V8SC RECs with actual or potential entries directly affected, so no, I don't want it swept under the carpet yet. Especially if one of this year's winning drivers (and entrant for 4 years) is prevented from entering in 2015 due to sheer political bloody-mindedness by V8SC, Foxtel, or both.

Yet the other side of me says look to the future, I'm really looking forward to the entries yet to be unveiled, and making the pilgrimage up from Melbourne for the 4th year in a row.

Last edited by RedZedMikey; 19 Sep 2014 at 14:45.