Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Aug 2024, 21:27 (Ref:4221471)   #926
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
For what it's worth my internet is appalling at the moment and I have to walk up the garden to use my mobile phone ! Yesterday I could not get into my emails and thought that I might have been hacked, however it has come back this evening. The main trouble with us in the UK is because we are the last house on the edge of the village and still on the old BT copper wires In Spain we have fibre optic broadband for half the price that we pay in the UK and only have to pay for it when we are there.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Aug 2024, 09:11 (Ref:4221517)   #927
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on large truck loads again .
Reading up on a couple of 580 ton units going from Ipswich docks to Eye in North Suffolk in August .
That is the heaviest I have ever heard of and it does make you wonder just how big is possible , and the planning for that transport job .
Old 2 Aug 2024, 10:39 (Ref:4221526)   #928
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Back on large truck loads again .
Reading up on a couple of 580 ton units going from Ipswich docks to Eye in North Suffolk in August .
That is the heaviest I have ever heard of and it does make you wonder just how big is possible , and the planning for that transport job .
Doing a bit of reading up , came across this .https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/mu...ne-load-42686/
Apparently there has been a load of 600 tons once .
Old 3 Aug 2024, 09:01 (Ref:4221610)   #929
Tel 911S
Veteran

Does anybody know what this is all about.https://www.motorsportuk.org/sport80-general-faqs/
Is it a new management system to take more money from competitors .
Is it a way of finding lots more details of everybody to sell on to the advertising market .
Or is it actually to make things easier for everybody ??????????
Old 3 Aug 2024, 09:31 (Ref:4221611)   #930
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Does anybody know what this is all about.https://www.motorsportuk.org/sport80-general-faqs/
Is it a new management system to take more money from competitors .
Is it a way of finding lots more details of everybody to sell on to the advertising market .
Or is it actually to make things easier for everybody ??????????

I'd had a notification on my Marshal email that we'd be changed over to this, and would need to register - not heard anything on my out of date Competitor ID, but that's not surprising. I think (hope) its a way to improve the sclerotic and disfunctional IT/web presence that MSUK have had of late, but it could be just another job creation scheme for the already growing number of Safeguarding facilitators etc that seem to be unable to get - for example - radio operator licences sorted in timely fashion........
Old 6 Aug 2024, 18:08 (Ref:4221998)   #931
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
John I don't know if you've any interest in JO's (avoiding OG's here!) but may be you've seen someone playing Where's Wally or Where's Waldo. He already appeared at different places in the public, Hollywood smile and thumbs up. Those politicians are not ashamed of anything. Our version of this game is "Martine", Martine ?* la plage, Martine ?* Versailles and so on. Politicization…
Old 6 Aug 2024, 18:52 (Ref:4222007)   #932
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John I don't know if you've any interest in JO's (avoiding OG's here!) but may be you've seen someone playing Where's Wally or Where's Waldo. He already appeared at different places in the public, Hollywood smile and thumbs up. Those politicians are not ashamed of anything. Our version of this game is "Martine", Martine ?* la plage, Martine ?* Versailles and so on. Politicization…
I haven't watched a single minute of the Olympics & have no intention of doing do, but I think I know who you mean!

I did read a very amusing story on The Telegraph the other day about El Presidente's day out at the games on Friday, where he managed to take in six sports, snog a lot of women (and men), change his shirt several times (because of the lipstick, I guess) & ate rather better food than the athletes.

Oh, and I see somebody did rather well on a Lotus 'bike. Didn't realise they still existed.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 18:55 (Ref:4222008)   #933
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah John that's your loss. The Olympics can be raw sporting emotion, very enjoyable. I can't get into swimming and I get bored by horses either dancing or jumping but there was some very good one-on-one running last night and the pole vault was incredible!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 6 Aug 2024, 19:22 (Ref:4222013)   #934
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And still only day 2 of the velo.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 19:56 (Ref:4222018)   #935
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To coin a phrase, I think they are over-hyped, over rated & over here!

The things I enjoy most are the cycling, rowing & sailing. They were the only things I watched from London, partly because the cycle racing was on very familiar roads close to where we lived.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 00:12 (Ref:4222030)   #936
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post

Oh, and I see somebody did rather well on a Lotus 'bike. Didn't realise they still existed.

I'm no great follower of the Games, but I think the bikes are mainly by Hope (a manufacturer in Lancashire near me) although Lotus obviously have an input.....
Old 7 Aug 2024, 09:19 (Ref:4222049)   #937
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
I think the bikes are windtunneled more than ever. As to sailing instead of trying to catch and follow the wind as should it seems they had to follow the TV diktat. Ther kayak crosse, women and men, was really impressive together with scaling.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 09:38 (Ref:4222052)   #938
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
I think the bikes are windtunneled more than ever. As to sailing instead of trying to catch and follow the wind as should it seems they had to follow the TV diktat. Ther kayak crosse, women and men, was really impressive together with scaling.
Much better than watching a bunch of big sweaty blokes snorting & grunting their way round a field!

How do you find the time to watch it all, Gerard? Does the Olympics finsih this week? Will the closing down ceremony be as dire as the opening one? They even managed to upset the Pope with that one!

Having watched most of Le Mans 24 Hours, & too much time watching Tour de France, I've had enough day-time TV. The girls are off on their Tour of a very small part of France next week too.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 09:57 (Ref:4222055)   #939
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I don't watch it all, John, and mainly at night. The closing down ceremony should be held by a Brit involving Tom Cruise doing some stunts, I hope the Pope will appreciate. Official end should be this Sunday 11 at night.

What a relief, parisian streets as well as some big towns like Lille for instance will be free again. Well, hope so.

As to know about the real costs and what it brought to the country, better take a hike, there's a kind of omerta stifling any sort of criticism.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 11:54 (Ref:4222059)   #940
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
I don't watch it all, John, and mainly at night. The closing down ceremony should be held by a Brit involving Tom Cruise doing some stunts, I hope the Pope will appreciate. Official end should be this Sunday 11 at night.

What a relief, parisian streets as well as some big towns like Lille for instance will be free again. Well, hope so.

As to know about the real costs and what it brought to the country, better take a hike, there's a kind of omerta stifling any sort of criticism.
I've watched many episodes of 'Animaux a Adopter' in the evenings lately...

There was a very funny film last night about some young national servicemen at an army base in Germany. Film was from about 1970, so all very innocent & amusing.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 13:01 (Ref:4222063)   #941
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I've watched many episodes of 'Animaux a Adopter' in the evenings lately...

There was a very funny film last night about some young national servicemen at an army base in Germany. Film was from about 1970, so all very innocent & amusing.
A lot of British films from the 70s were quite funny but not so innocent , Carry On series or Confessions series etc .
What was that one called as I might look it up .
Just thinking , there was one called " The Adventures Of GERARD " .But I cant think who was in it .
Old 7 Aug 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4222079)   #942
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
It's some time since I opened a new thread and I've forgotten how to so it. Help please!
Old 7 Aug 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4222085)   #943
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
It's some time since I opened a new thread and I've forgotten how to so it. Help please!
When you open the Historic section, at the top left is a button marked Thread Starter
Old 7 Aug 2024, 16:25 (Ref:4222086)   #944
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
When you open the Historic section, at the top left is a button marked Thread Starter

Not quite, it's marked New Thread. Alternatively, on the right hand side, click on Forum Tools and from the drop down menu, click on New Thread.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 16:48 (Ref:4222092)   #945
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Not quite, it's marked New Thread. Alternatively, on the right hand side, click on Forum Tools and from the drop down menu, click on New Thread.
Bl.... pedants
Old 7 Aug 2024, 16:51 (Ref:4222094)   #946
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Thanks Bob/Mike. I managed it.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 18:06 (Ref:4222110)   #947
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Just thinking , there was one called " The Adventures Of GERARD " .But I cant think who was in it .
Not all bears are named Teddy, Tel!
As to "animaux ?* adopter", John, sometimes I find it moving but hard to stand. Unfortunately, we are the stupid champions of animals abandonment here. I prefer the Doctor K clinic episodes (healing exotic animals over there).
Old 7 Aug 2024, 18:43 (Ref:4222117)   #948
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Not all bears are named Teddy, Tel!
As to "animaux ?* adopter", John, sometimes I find it moving but hard to stand. Unfortunately, we are the stupid champions of animals abandonment here. I prefer the Doctor K clinic episodes (healing exotic animals over there).
Yes, but I just find the SPA staff to be so dedicated to the care of animals, in many cases getting very emotional.

You know me - I just love animals. Much nicer than people!
Old 7 Aug 2024, 18:49 (Ref:4222119)   #949
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John, do you manage to watch the series called the Supervet on C4, I think? It's about the pioneering veterinary surgeon Noel Fitzpatrick, who has created a leading practice in Southeast England. There is a series running at the moment, 20.00 hrs BST on Thursdays.
Old 7 Aug 2024, 19:16 (Ref:4222124)   #950
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
John, do you manage to watch the series called the Supervet on C4, I think? It's about the pioneering veterinary surgeon Noel Fitzpatrick, who has created a leading practice in Southeast England. There is a series running at the moment, 20.00 hrs BST on Thursdays.
We get that down here in Aus, and must admit it a fave of mine. I would hate to have to pay a bill for some of what he does. Very talented man.