Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Sep 2014, 06:17 (Ref:3457442)   #951
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Would have been one of the last teams that I would have expected to take a Bentley on board, but terrific news for the 12hr and the local GT series. Looking forward to seeing the driver line-ups for both of their cars and with at least 8 manufacturers represented in the GT3 category, it's looking good.
Perhaps 888 were the squad that were to run this new car... but werent available when the test day clashed with the B12... perhaps
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Sep 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3457443)   #952
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Perhaps they may think of joining the fun at Bathurst?
Team Director Fabien Fior stated only a couple of weeks ago that Bathurst was in his plans for next year.
Then again i do believe that we have heard this in previous years for no result.
Always surprised me that we don't see more Asian teams compete here.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3457466)   #953
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Team Director Fabien Fior stated only a couple of weeks ago that Bathurst was in his plans for next year.
Then again i do believe that we have heard this in previous years for no result.
Always surprised me that we don't see more Asian teams compete here.
Its an Asian team with a European gentleman racer at the helm isnt it, at least for the Bentley program. Maybe Mr Yoong will make his presence felt again.. his B24 run in the BMW SuperTourer didnt quite run to plan
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Sep 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3457469)   #954
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had some correspondence from Guy Smith who said " we are hoping to be there, just working on some bits, but it would be great. The circuit looks amazing " Don't want to pester him any more, however now it leaves me wondering if he is talking about himself or M-Sport ?
Old 25 Sep 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3457671)   #955
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Nadz44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list updated, 4 more Class A cars entered plus a couple of extras down the grid.....

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/event-info/entry-list
Old 25 Sep 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3457673)   #956
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This Move should stop the development series pilots from looking for a B12 ride...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Sep 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3457679)   #957
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadz44 View Post
Entry list updated, 4 more Class A cars entered plus a couple of extras down the grid.....

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/event-info/entry-list
21 Class A cars is great for the event.
Terrific to see Jim and Tony enter the Fezza's and looking forward to seeing what their driver line up will be ?
Still no Phoenix Audi ??
Old 25 Sep 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3457681)   #958
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Not yet but I bet we'll see Phoenix, I'm sure Audi will want to see such a strong squad in the race to represent them
Old 26 Sep 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3457693)   #959
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Phoenix entered late last year aswell, I wonder if Competition team of Calvert Jones will enter again with P.Long?
Old 26 Sep 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3457695)   #960
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Another fascinating addition to the Production Car component of the field will be the Subaru BRZ entered by Gary Morgan, the first entrant in Class E (Invitational 3001cc-4000cc)"

I'm guessing that's a typo?
Old 26 Sep 2014, 02:07 (Ref:3457710)   #961
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
21 Class A cars is great for the event.
Terrific to see Jim and Tony enter the Fezza's and looking forward to seeing what their driver line up will be ?
Still no Phoenix Audi ??
And there is still room for more, would love to see a pair of BMW Z4's and AM Vantages.....
Old 26 Sep 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3457711)   #962
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
"Another fascinating addition to the Production Car component of the field will be the Subaru BRZ entered by Gary Morgan, the first entrant in Class E (Invitational 3001cc-4000cc)"

Could be turbocharged which should put it into that class???
Old 26 Sep 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3457737)   #963
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadz44 View Post
And there is still room for more, would love to see a pair of BMW Z4's and AM Vantages.....
As my favourite, it's bloody frustrating not having a competitive Z4 in the race. I suppose that there's every chance that we will never a Z4 or Vantage in the 12hr as we know them.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3457779)   #964
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
As my favourite, it's bloody frustrating not having a competitive Z4 in the race. I suppose that there's every chance that we will never a Z4 or Vantage in the 12hr as we know them.
perhaps the bigger teams do no rate the Bathurst 12 that highly, they saw the race last year and thought better of it.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3457951)   #965
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post

Supercharged.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:12 (Ref:3457992)   #966
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
This Move should stop the development series pilots from looking for a B12 ride...
Noticed this one went under the radar,

I have been cautious to apportion blame in the current schedule clash but this seems for all the world like an attempt to win spectators and viewers over the 12hr race.

Preventing a number of the v8supercar development drivers from competing would also further take away some of the appeal for the more casual aussie motorsport fan who really only noticed the 12 hr because of the v8supercar drivers starring last year.

Nice to see a few more a class entries this week, fingers crossed in the next 2 months we see some serious international entries.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:16 (Ref:3457993)   #967
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
perhaps the bigger teams do no rate the Bathurst 12 that highly, they saw the race last year and thought better of it.
A bit like watching the melbourne storm?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3457996)   #968
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Noticed this one went under the radar,

I have been cautious to apportion blame in the current schedule clash but this seems for all the world like an attempt to win spectators and viewers over the 12hr race.

Preventing a number of the v8supercar development drivers from competing would also further take away some of the appeal for the more casual aussie motorsport fan who really only noticed the 12 hr because of the v8supercar drivers starring last year.

Nice to see a few more a class entries this week, fingers crossed in the next 2 months we see some serious international entries.
Don't know whether there will be many Development series pilots involved in the 12hr anyway, would there ?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 05:12 (Ref:3458013)   #969
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Wasn't there supposed to be a Camaro entering, Reiter was it?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3458016)   #970
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Wasn't there supposed to be a Camaro entering, Reiter was it?
Justin McMillan bought 2 from Reiter and sold 1 to Inky Tulloch and kept the other. There was certainly talk about 1 one of them competing at the Highlands 101 event in November and then the 12 hour, but it's all been pretty quiet of late. Reiter themselves have come out in recent times and put their hand up regarding the car not being as good as it should have been, so who knows ?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3458028)   #971
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Justin McMillan bought 2 from Reiter and sold 1 to Inky Tulloch and kept the other. There was certainly talk about 1 one of them competing at the Highlands 101 event in November and then the 12 hour, but it's all been pretty quiet of late. Reiter themselves have come out in recent times and put their hand up regarding the car not being as good as it should have been, so who knows ?
One would think that the Camaro would be ideally suited to Bathurst though.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 07:54 (Ref:3458029)   #972
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Probably, though not sure about running for 12hrs straight?

Steve O and D Russ locked and loaded in car #23.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 07:54 (Ref:3458030)   #973
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You would think so, unless it's "aero" ?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3458035)   #974
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post

It was written somewhere that Mr Webb was joining you.. presuming that is now not the case?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3458042)   #975
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post

2 strong drivers there with plenty of Bathurst experience. Do you know anything about the Koundouris GT3-R entry Scud as the car has been advertised and you've also grabbed Owen ?