Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2284566)   #76
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's not really necessary for Ferrari to complain since every incident will be looked at if it's in their benefit anyway.

I'm off now to park my wifes twenty year old silver Mercedes 190E across the driveway of the local Ferrari dealers.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2284665)   #77
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ten-Tenths is a motorsport internet forum with a large following of motorsport fans. There are also a large number of internet F1 news and view sites. There are probably countless motorsport blogs on the internet.

Lets use the power of the internet to bring this to a head. We don't need a physical presence at a meeting - fans from half way around the world can't do that.

There will be motorsport fans on this forum who have backgrounds in marketing, media, politics and other useful fields/skills to help bring together a strong voice for F1 fans.

There should be a considered approach and not one based on haste and revenge. Imagine a F1 fan association or whatever forms having a voice in the media as strong as those from the FIA/FOM and as credible (if not more). Might be pie in the sky stuff, but we should aim high.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2284674)   #78
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Petition!
Good on you for trying, although frankly I hope it makes no difference! Since when should sport, or even F1, be decided by democracy. Flawed to the core.
One of the reasons I didn't sign it either.

I think the sport could be run better and more fairly, and if there was a petition about that I'd sign that. But not with the wording on the current petition.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2284676)   #79
Tango n Crash
Rookie

Tango n Crash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 - downhill.

Just maybe they (FIA) will be pleased with all this chatter about F1, it might actually attract even greater viewing figures, potntially increasing Bernie's revenue.
I am struggling to think of anything constructive, other than shunning FIA events, which wouldn't be too hard.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2284689)   #80
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP
Ten-Tenths is a motorsport internet forum with a large following of motorsport fans. There are also a large number of internet F1 news and view sites. There are probably countless motorsport blogs on the internet.

Lets use the power of the internet to bring this to a head. We don't need a physical presence at a meeting - fans from half way around the world can't do that.

There will be motorsport fans on this forum who have backgrounds in marketing, media, politics and other useful fields/skills to help bring together a strong voice for F1 fans.

There should be a considered approach and not one based on haste and revenge. Imagine a F1 fan association or whatever forms having a voice in the media as strong as those from the FIA/FOM and as credible (if not more). Might be pie in the sky stuff, but we should aim high.
Yeh at first glance it may seem 'pie in the sky'. But maybe it isn't. The internet's a powerful tool these days, more powerful than it's ever been. It almost seems unfair to do something physical seen as so many people would not be able to join in who feel strongly about this. And yes, again, I believe it needs to be thought through and done without malicious intent. We're angry, but we need to use this energy positively in an attempt to try and stop anything like this happening to our sport again. Once again, any suggestions are welcome.

Selby
Old 8 Sep 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2284691)   #81
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango n Crash
Just maybe they (FIA) will be pleased with all this chatter about F1, it might actually attract even greater viewing figures, potntially increasing Bernie's revenue.
I am struggling to think of anything constructive, other than shunning FIA events, which wouldn't be too hard.
Controversy creates cash - But maybe this is even too far by their standards. It hasn't been too well received, let's face it.

Selby
Old 8 Sep 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2284733)   #82
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So who are these stewards ?

I for one as a Marshal won't be attending any more FIA meetings including F1
I give up on the sport its getting full of idiots
Old 8 Sep 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2284738)   #83
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Did anyone notice Kimi overtake later on the same lap despite yellow flags being waved to indicate that Nico Rosberg had slid off the track.

And FIA say no investigation into that incident........
Old 8 Sep 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2284748)   #84
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
So who are these stewards ?

I for one as a Marshal won't be attending any more FIA meetings including F1
I give up on the sport its getting full of idiots
Head of the French FFSA, head of a company promoting Spa and a chap from Kenya who thought Sebastian Loeb was too scruffy to be world rally champion and demanded there be no close-ups of him.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2284755)   #85
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Head of the French FFSA, head of a company promoting Spa and a chap from Kenya who thought Sebastian Loeb was too scruffy to be world rally champion and demanded there be no close-ups of him.
Did you hear about his little exchange with Morrie Chandler where both men agreed that Sebastien Loeb was a disgrace to manhood for having long hair?

It's good to know we have forward-thinking types in charge of the sport and not some archaic old-boys network.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:10 (Ref:2284758)   #86
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is that as long as we, the spectators, continue to watch the sport and pay attention to it nothing will really change. Despite many disputed rule changes and decisions we all are still watching the races.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2284772)   #87
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know I won't be in future.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:35 (Ref:2284777)   #88
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel
Duke,
If that is the case,then the penalty is justified in that case
I was talking about the incident in the GP2 Series race, not the GP.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2284800)   #89
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
when Ferrari loose a race they seem to complain and have the results overturned. What hold do they have over the FIA? And when will we see a race that's decided on driver skill and ability..
When F1 becomes a spec series.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2284838)   #90
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
I was talking about the incident in the GP2 Series race, not the GP.
My reply was to the gp2 incident,
sorry if i didn`t make it clear
Old 8 Sep 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2284943)   #91
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
If you mean trying to judge rules and incidents by democracy then you are correct Adam.

However there is a panel of stewards, not one judge, to insure no one person has total sway, supposedly a protection against despotism.

On the other hand the FIA consists of member clubs who elect their representatives and they temselves are usually elected, which is a democratic process.
Secondly while to argument that the 'referees' judgment should be final is fine in principle it goes against all instincts of sportsmanship and sporting principles when it is clearly flawed.
That deserves some sort of public response even when the institution is so arrogant or insular it is bound to take little or no notice of it.
My sole point is that if there is one body of people less suitable than the stewards/FIA to chose if Hamilton gets a penalty it is the watching public. Now that would be bias, combined with an unhealthy dose of ignorance and stupidity!
Quote:
We shouldn't allow injustice to continue simply because good men are too intimidated or apathetic to speak out against it.
Free the Spa one! My point here being that my comment was not along these dramatic lines.

I stand by my Petition!
Old 8 Sep 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2284952)   #92
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Signed.

I would be prepared to go to Paris to protest in person, I feel so strongly about this.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2284965)   #93
the boss
Rookie

England
North Of Donington
the boss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevisio
We seriously need to do something more than write strongly worded letters. A visit to the FIA HQ? If McLaren appeal this is a perfect opportunity for thousands upon thousands of us to turn up at the hearing and surround the FIA delegates there before conducting a serious face to face interrogation asking what the F they are up to.

The power crazed, biased non-entities that run things at the FIA need to be ousted in the most shameful publicly humiliating way possible to pay for all of their unbearable cr*p.

Who needs F1 anyway? Let Ferrari race against themselves and all other teams unite to form a new non-Max, non-Bernie series that we can all enjoy without being embarrassed to admit to our friends that we like the currently blatantly biased and unjust non-sport that is current F1 motor racing.

I would happily contribute to any action that needs to be taken.
The FIA are bringing the sport into disrepute, they should be ashamed publicly and replaced by people who have no ulterior motives or agendas.
The decision taken by the stewards at Spa was worse than the one they took in Spain against Massa dangerous move leaving the pits,drivers in the GP2 were given a drive through penalty but Ferrari were only asked to contribute to the FIA xmas club fund!whats a few grand to ateam like Ferrari?
The best way to show your feelings would be to boycott the GP's-- dont marshal and dont spectate,no marshals --no GP!
Old 8 Sep 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2285126)   #94
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
People have been given penalties for cutting corners before. The penalty used to be stop-gos, but seems to be drive-through these days. In the event of penalties being applied after races, 25-seconds being added on to the race time has occured on more than one instance through the years.

I'm not suggesting this penalty was sensible, but I find the reaction a bit OTT. It is another example of inconsistency, certainly. I don't, however, see what makes this example of inconsistency so extremely different to the others.

Last edited by Dutton; 8 Sep 2008 at 22:31.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 23:44 (Ref:2285156)   #95
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I don't, however, see what makes this example of inconsistency so extremely different to the others.
It isn't,but at the risk of repeating myself.............

"Of course what we would really like is consistent reasonableness,but it would be totally unreasonable and inconsistent of us to want that.Some may argue quite reasonably that the FIA's totally unreasonable and inconsistent behaviour is consistent only in its reasonable inconsistency.Some,however,may argue totally unreasonably and consistently that the FIA is inconsistent only in its unreasonable consistency"
Old 8 Sep 2008, 23:59 (Ref:2285159)   #96
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
It isn't,but at the risk of repeating myself.............

"Of course what we would really like is consistent reasonableness,but it would be totally unreasonable and inconsistent of us to want that.Some may argue quite reasonably that the FIA's totally unreasonable and inconsistent behaviour is consistent only in its reasonable inconsistency.Some,however,may argue totally unreasonably and consistently that the FIA is inconsistent only in its unreasonable consistency"
Ron-speak at it's finest.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2285195)   #97
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
So, then, if this example of inconsistency is not really any different to others, well, why have we got such a major reaction to it? There is normally a bit of bluster after these sorts of incidents, but this time it seems to have produced a much more vociferous response.

I find it rather intriguing.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2285258)   #98
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I have the reason. The majority of this forum is British, it is against a British driver. Done.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 04:07 (Ref:2285263)   #99
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually Matt, I am not English, not a hamilton fan as such, and if I look at the places others come from on this forum and other internet forums around the world the reaction is predominantly the same.

Location or background is not the reason for the outpouring. A sense of fair play and the extreme manipuation of a sporting result is.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 04:13 (Ref:2285266)   #100
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Since when was the FiA ever fair though.