Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:26 (Ref:391962)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
My post was no referencing you Peter, it was aimed at alchemy.
Oops!
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:31 (Ref:391976)   #77
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Well "Schumacher", thanks for your balanced, non-opionated, clear and well argued point, I'm glad to see you havn't stooped to childish name-calling.

If you had your way F1 would become a bland faceless non-event, a bit like 80% of this season.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:09 (Ref:392320)   #78
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watching another showing of the race on Sky....Patricks veins nearly burst out of his neck when Ralf hit Juan Pablo !.....

As for Patrick comments...he was interviewed during the race and he said that both drivers were free to race each other , but the only rule was that they didnt make contact with each other .

mmmm..i think Ralf blew that one out the window .
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:13 (Ref:392325)   #79
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrick also said it takes 2 have an accident and he would speak to both of them. Personally, Im glad Ralf kept his foot in and did not yield to Pablo. If Pablo thinks he can get his way with Ralf - then he better think again. This time, it was Ralf who came out worst but next time - who knows - the roles may be reversed and Pablo would be the one forced to run around 2 laps down.

These are exactly the kind of Yahoo Moves that will work once a while and blow up on Pablo's face more often than not. It was only a matter of time before he tried to muscle past his team mate - only problem for Pablo is that Ralf is no puppy like Vasser who would move aside for him.

Next time he tries a move like that on Ralf - he'll think twice.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:21 (Ref:392332)   #80
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course it takes 2 to have a accident !.If Juan Pablo hadnt been trying to overtake Ralf , Ralf wouldnt have lost it underbraking.....and yes , i agree that Both drivers will be talked to by Frank and Patrick , and yes..it was damm good to Ralf show some agression in his racing .

Just a shame that he lost it really , Just like it was a shame when JPM lost it against DC at Nurburgring this year .

But to start accusing JPM of doing a Yahoo move is a bit far fetched really ...it was a clear move on the out side...Juan didnt sqeeze Ralf....Ralf just plain and simple lost it and crashed into his team mate .
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:32 (Ref:392336)   #81
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania

These are exactly the kind of Yahoo Moves that will work once a while and blow up on Pablo's face more often than not. It was only a matter of time before he tried to muscle past his team mate - only problem for Pablo is that Ralf is no puppy like Vasser who would move aside for him.

Actually if you see how many "yahoo moves" JPM has made you'll see that those that have worked out far exceed those that haven't.

And if you think that he'll think about it twice next time, think again. Given the chance he will attack regardless of the opponent, racetrack, previous blunders, consequences, etc.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:32 (Ref:392337)   #82
Mania
Veteran

Well, I guess we wont TOTALLY agree on this one Sato San. I do agree with the first part of your post though.

But in my book..he wouldnt have lost it had he not tried to move further on the inside to avoid Pablo who was beginning to squeeze him.

One way or the other..It was a disaster for the team in the end..especially for Ralf.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:34 (Ref:392340)   #83
Mania
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharky

And if you think that he'll think about it twice next time, think again. Given the chance he will attack regardless of the opponent, racetrack, previous blunders, consequences, etc.
Then he'll be in the pit lane getting a new nose cone and a rear wing quite often. I dont have a problem with that. Let him battle with the back markers.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:37 (Ref:392342)   #84
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
talking of battling with the backmarkers......just to rub salt in the wound for Ralf...Irvine has had a dig at him for trying to unlap himself and getting in the wat of Irvine and Heidfeld.....

Eddie said >>>>

For someone who is a lap down on the field, I cannot understand Ralf Schumacher's actions today. He knew that Heidfeld and I were dicing for position over the last 15 laps or so and yet for some bizarre reason, there's Ralf trying to get between us. Not the most clever racecraft but that's Ralf."

Last edited by Sato san; 30 Sep 2002 at 16:38.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:37 (Ref:392343)   #85
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Then he'll be in the pit lane getting a new nose cone and a rear wing quite often. I dont have a problem with that. Let him battle with the back markers.
Well, last time he had to get a new nose he ended up in 2nd place so I don't think it's a backmarker issue (Malaysia)
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:40 (Ref:392345)   #86
Mania
Veteran

Eddie is a moron. Ralf was staying behind him for a quite a few laps because they were giving him the blue flags. Irvine himself lost the car and ran wide which is when Ralf went through.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:45 (Ref:392352)   #87
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM said it from the first day he was in F1. He said he is here to race not to move over for people. RS knew he was beaten into the corner and out braked himself. He hit the brake while turning and spun. The only reason that both drivers will be spoken to is that Head does not want to isolate RS. Racing is for the fans, not just for the money. What do you think people will remember the most about this race? I think this incident will be around for awhile. If the teammates are close in Suzuka then all eyes will be on them. Who will care about the red cars? It may have been bad for Williams but it is rivalries that make sports interesting. It is one of the worst, best things that has happened all year in F1!!

I still dont understand people who think JPM should not try to pass. It is sad if a driver waits for someone to make a mistake so they can pass. Did anyone see the WSB finals? Thats racing!!

Last edited by neilap; 30 Sep 2002 at 16:47.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:51 (Ref:392354)   #88
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Eddie is a moron.
i dont think eddie is a moron , i like him !.....but i do think it was a bit rich coming from Irvine..afterall ,it was Eddie who unlapped him self against Senna in 93 at Suzuka .

Eddie did have a valid point that Ralf shouldnt have been mixing it with those 2 , unless he can do it as well as keeping out of thir way . But i just think coming fro Eddie is was the pot calling the kettle black ..
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:51 (Ref:392356)   #89
Mania
Veteran

Well - Ralf is not going to be moving over for Pablo either. Ralf was not going to give him the corner - in my book - he left Pablo a lot of space. He could have tried to squeeze Pablo right back and make him get off the gas - instead he stayed on the inside and tried to avoid an incident which didnt work and he came of worst.

Its racing..I expect Ralf to come out strong in Suzuka and continue to push hard...bad luck cant follow him everywhere.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:54 (Ref:392359)   #90
Mania
Veteran

Actually Sato san, like I said - Ralf was staying behind both those guys despite being faster - he was shown the blue flags since he was a lap down - it was only when Eddie made a mistake and ran wide - that Ralf passed him. After that, there were only a handful of laps to go and Irvine was well behind Heidfeld and Ralf anyway.

Its just eddie being eddie. Moronic - and a total hypocrite!
Old 30 Sep 2002, 16:54 (Ref:392360)   #91
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mania is right.....it is racing at the end of the day . But we can still all talk about whose fault it was !

Last edited by Sato san; 30 Sep 2002 at 16:55.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 17:33 (Ref:392401)   #92
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Of course it takes 2 to have a accident !.If Juan Pablo hadnt been trying to overtake Ralf , Ralf wouldnt have lost it underbraking.....
That's called "racing". And they get paid for doing that... BIG BUCK$$$, my friend.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 19:16 (Ref:392475)   #93
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
hey Speed......i was being sarcastic !

I cant believe some poeple are pointing the finger at Montoya here !!!!!
Old 30 Sep 2002, 19:59 (Ref:392492)   #94
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers then, mate !
Old 30 Sep 2002, 23:30 (Ref:392647)   #95
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Doubt that Mania, first sniff of an overtaking manouvre and JPM will pounce. One thing i would say, Rafe made a slight mistake going into the final corner which gave JPM the oppertunity, i suggest that Rafe makes fewer mistakes and JPM won't have that oppertunity in future.

One question, why do you think it is that the only person Rafe is prepared to race is his team-mate? Had that been his brother he'd have lifted way before the corner.
Old 1 Oct 2002, 05:28 (Ref:392751)   #96
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good point ...I think he will get racey witht other drivers....maybe its only his brother that hs wont . Your right , i think Ralf made a mistake in turn 13 , as at juan point along the straight i think Montoya had to lift a bit as he was catching Ralf at the wrong point .
Old 1 Oct 2002, 06:27 (Ref:392771)   #97
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Patrick ... He then goes on to suggest that Montaya fouled up. Something about "not following his proceedures" and seeing something which wasn't there? Anybody got a clue to this? He also said that JPM didn't communicate with his team.
Maybe he was referring to Montoya coming in for a pit stop a couple of laps early, without communicating the reason why.
Old 1 Oct 2002, 07:09 (Ref:392781)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could be.