Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Jun 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3269378)   #76
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Even though the race was marred by the Simonsen incident and the numerous barrier repairs, i can't help that feel my adoration for the event has increased.

The way everyone rallies together in these situations is remarkable and heart-warming. I, along with alot of others i imagine, was heart-broken for Fred Mako & later Mucke when things started falling apart for Aston in the final hours.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3269389)   #77
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We had two newbies with us this year, Victor was already a committed sportscar fan from Romania, but while collecting him from the station we meet a young aussie who asked how to get to track, no problem jump in the car, we collected his tickets an d then smuggled him past the security at TR campsite rather than let him drown in beausjour where his ticket was for. He had a great time and although a super V8 car fan he now lovers sportscar racing and le mans in particular
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3269909)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Well we took a newbie to LM this year who has been an F1 fan all his life. As we walked away from the Grandstand on Sunday afternoon I asked him how Le Mans compared to F1 - he said F1 is just a walk in the park compared to this and to him F1 would never be the same again..... as he promised me his deposit for Le Mans 2014
Perfect, that's how it should be Mal - another lost soul rescued from the Dark Side.......
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3269916)   #79
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Perfect, that's how it should be Mal - another lost soul rescued from the Dark Side.......
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its meant to be a secret
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3269931)   #80
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just seen a friend's LM2013 photo album.

Oddly it appears to feature more photos of empty bottles of champagne than cars.

Old 26 Jun 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3269936)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And a good time was clearly had by all!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3270193)   #82
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
And a good time was clearly had by all!
Precisely.

And that's why we all keep returning. I estimate that I've been responsible for something like 60 people heading for LM each June and each year there are several Newbies, 70% of whom come back again.

For some people (like Andrew) it's principally the race, for others (like me), the race aspect has decreased in significance year upon year and I now go for other reasons as well as the race. We all have different reasons for coming back year after year and it's sad that Chunder hasn't yet grasped what it is about LM that draws us all back repeatedly.

I've yet to meet anyone who has been and who says "never again."
Old 26 Jun 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3270196)   #83
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In Expo camp we had a West Ham United flag raised .. but that's not the special thing about it.
it had a beacon installed too

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Jun 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3270208)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post

I've yet to meet anyone who has been and who says "never again."

I have - two.

The first was a 'Tourist' who went for the only time in 1988. Thought it was going to be a Monaco-style pretty people soiree until presented with a tent to share..... Was more worried about muddying his expensive shoes than watching the race...

The second was a relative of our Chief Tourist who went for the only time in 1995, having been promised it wouldn't rain. It did - lots - and for the whole weekend, more or less. Vowed never to come back again.....

Some have more fortitude and can see beyond mere weather......
Old 28 Jun 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3271371)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just had a email from the ACO asking me to fill in a questonaire about my experiences for 2013.
Loads of questions with multiple options to choose from
The how many times have you been to the race was funny as it only went up to "20 or over"
Took a good chunk of time to complete but a chance to win tickets for 2014 and give feed back to the ACO
Did anyone else get one?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3271375)   #86
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just had a email from the ACO asking me to fill in a questonaire about my experiences for 2013.
Loads of questions with multiple options to choose from
The how many times have you been to the race was funny as it only went up to "20 or over"
Took a good chunk of time to complete but a chance to win tickets for 2014 and give feed back to the ACO
Did anyone else get one?
Yeah I did too.
I got it because I bought a GS ticket from them.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3271384)   #87
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got one, bought my tickets though an agency, don't know how they know I was attending. Didn't have time to look at it, still got a hangover because it's all over now. The good news is already a week has passed, a week closer to june 2014.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3271405)   #88
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Nope. Have seen a thread on Pistonheads about it, and apparently a lot of thefts have been taken place this year, so lot of people complaining on that questionnaire.

As I haven't received it, I'm wondering on what criteria they send it out? Being an ACO member and ordering your tickets through the Tourist Office doesn't qualify apparently? So on what basis did Simon receive his ?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 06:05 (Ref:3271498)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Can't believe it's already a fortnight since the day I left for France........
Old 29 Jun 2013, 06:59 (Ref:3271509)   #90
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Nope. Have seen a thread on Pistonheads about it, and apparently a lot of thefts have been taken place this year, so lot of people complaining on that questionnaire.

As I haven't received it, I'm wondering on what criteria they send it out? Being an ACO member and ordering your tickets through the Tourist Office doesn't qualify apparently? So on what basis did Simon receive his ?
Not sure why me but filled it in and made a few comments, not heard of any theft problems in TR.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3271528)   #91
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Can't believe it's already a fortnight since the day I left for France........

Think positive!

It's only 49 weeks till you leave for the 2014 race.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3271964)   #92
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am sat here as we speak considering options for next year.

As we try and wrap it in to a wider holiday, I think for next year we're going to look at Thurs-Mon at our campsite away from the track (in a mobile home next year) and then on to the Dordogne for a week - hopefully get some better weather and a less whiney wife!!
Old 30 Jun 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3271971)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, you tell her she needs to cut back on the red next year........
Old 30 Jun 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3271989)   #94
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, you tell her she needs to cut back on the red next year........
I think more would help tbh. In fact that might have been the issue - she didn't come to the circuit during the race, so we couldn't ply her with champagne to keep her quiet!!!
Old 30 Jun 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3272056)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But did she have a merguez pizza in Del Arte? That would have put her in the spirit!
Old 30 Jun 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3428641)   #96
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just came across a car with the numberplate ...-BSJ

Immediately thought 'Beausejour'

Must be some kind of disease.

Hope it is not curable!
Old 30 Jun 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3428653)   #97
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Trying to avoid BJS but it is all that Nadine has left for the classic not my first choice
Old 30 Jun 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3428665)   #98
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Addicted?

yes, but not to what you might think.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3428674)   #99
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Trying to avoid BJS but it is all that Nadine has left for the classic not my first choice
Freudian slip of the mind here?
Old 1 Jul 2014, 08:59 (Ref:3428917)   #100
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
#titter...