Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Oct 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3312408)   #76
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Mt. Panorama just got confirmed. The trailer looks amazing!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-bathurst-confirmed/
Old 8 Oct 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3314374)   #77
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nL-PiGt84

First look at Mt. Panorama through some gameplay. The driver is crap, however.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3314436)   #78
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets face it tracks are not the problem with this game

Sounds, cars quality are.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3314496)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

There is no place for 2 24 hour races in any racing game let alone one, there never has been anywhere else, its only this up himself cretin that thinks so.

Man, so often you write stuff on Tenths that makes me think, 'Hey, there is something in there worth listening to' - and then you let your illogical side show through and write this......
Old 8 Oct 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3314517)   #80
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nL-PiGt84

First look at Mt. Panorama through some gameplay. The driver is crap, however.
Yeah sure is, looks like one of them Noobs..lol

if they make the V8 SC Sound like on Iracing, I'll def trade in my Xbox 360 for a PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnraPw219S0
Old 8 Oct 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3314538)   #81
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
24 hour races in a league setup playing something like rfactor i suppose is fair enough for those that want to do that kind of thing.

But as part of a full on release I don't think it's a real part of a racing game, OK in F1 games you could conceivably race for 2 hours, but it isn't healthy to sit for that long and play a stressful and very involved game to be honest, nor good for posture or your eyes.

To include a whole section of long races as a whole segment of a game I find very strange in GT5, either they are trying to string out longevity in a very shallow, easy way, or they are trying to back up their inclusion of a few LM cars and Le Mans itself. and Yamauchis obsession with the 24 hour Nurburgring race.

Either way, for me I don't think full on 24 hour races should have any part in a console based game, it encourages all sorts of bad stuff including RSI from the controllers.

PLus, we all know really why its there, to try and make it super hard to finish the game as the inherent difficulty is quite easy. It's a very lame effort at that which is a real shame for such a respected title and genre.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3315117)   #82
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can save during the endurance races, and they don't unlock anything by completing them, other than awarding you a bonus car which can be obtained by far less effort elsewhere in the game. They truly are OPTIONAL.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3315130)   #83
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I do realise this, I have played the game!

I suppose it depends on what you like in a game, I don't tend to go back and do things in a game when I have finished it, a few games maybe, but not many. I have always managed to complete the GT games until Kamauchi starting getting all anal about full length races. Hence a modicum of annoyance.

So if I have won a championship in GT5 I don't go and try and win it again in another car, I can't see the point unless you need the cash or want a different prize car, but let's face it a 1970 Datsun is hardly useful anywhere in the game lol

I like to tick off tasks when playing on console games, and rarely revisit old races.

So, to have an entire section of tasks based around endurance is a little dull and unsatisfactory for me, and is simply there to pad out the game as once you have done all tthe other levels it's tough to get your driver to level 40 otherwise.

One thing that is a huge plus in GT5 is the weekly flow of events, they are always different and interesting, if a little peculiar sometimes, like running modern supercars on comfort tyres! But at least it keeps you playing, and winning money and cars, which s a good addition.

But even the thought of going back and forwards to a saved Le MAns race, I mean come on guys, that's not real is it, this is supposed to be a sim not an RPG!!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3317954)   #84
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I do realise this, I have played the game!

I suppose it depends on what you like in a game, I don't tend to go back and do things in a game when I have finished it, a few games maybe, but not many. I have always managed to complete the GT games until Kamauchi starting getting all anal about full length races. Hence a modicum of annoyance.

So if I have won a championship in GT5 I don't go and try and win it again in another car, I can't see the point unless you need the cash or want a different prize car, but let's face it a 1970 Datsun is hardly useful anywhere in the game lol

I like to tick off tasks when playing on console games, and rarely revisit old races.

So, to have an entire section of tasks based around endurance is a little dull and unsatisfactory for me, and is simply there to pad out the game as once you have done all tthe other levels it's tough to get your driver to level 40 otherwise.

One thing that is a huge plus in GT5 is the weekly flow of events, they are always different and interesting, if a little peculiar sometimes, like running modern supercars on comfort tyres! But at least it keeps you playing, and winning money and cars, which s a good addition.

But even the thought of going back and forwards to a saved Le MAns race, I mean come on guys, that's not real is it, this is supposed to be a sim not an RPG!!
It's a game that has been developed by a Japanese developer that just so happens has also been released to the rest of the world. The enthusiasm for motorsport (just look at the Japanese Grand Prix every year) and attention to detail is probably up there on the list of reasons as to why the endurance races are there.

I personally think it's great to have the option if you want to.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3331010)   #85
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
At least one of the trailers has a camera shot that leads me to suspect that the Yas Marina F1 circuit will be in GT6.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 05:29 (Ref:3332893)   #86
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Alright, it looks like the old town of Ronda, Spain is a photo location AND a setting where one can lay out/create/generate a track. The nearby Ascari Race Resort is the course that will be included in the base game.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3336254)   #87
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Well, the Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo has definitely got me interested to see what the other concepts are like when they come out. That is one mean-looking piece of kit the Germans have put forth there.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3337528)   #88
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm debating whether to flog the Xbox and pick up a ps3 i only played GT wen it first came out and just didn't like it due to the lack of 'Damage' and british tracks something Forza also lacks so is GT6 gonna have any of the above if it had Castle Combe my local circuit i think the Xbox would would be up for sale tomorrow lol??
Old 27 Nov 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3337529)   #89
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, if i think back we got Brands Hatch and Silverstone as real tracks on GT6 this time around as well as that virtual track of London so we got 3 british tracks this time around + if you like use the GPS maker to make the other british tracks if you wish
Old 27 Nov 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3337530)   #90
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
well, if i think back we got Brands Hatch and Silverstone as real tracks on GT6 this time around as well as that virtual track of London so we got 3 british tracks this time around + if you like use the GPS maker to make the other british tracks if you wish
That sounds interesting
Old 27 Nov 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3337536)   #91
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
You get Brands Hatch, Goodwood House Hillclimb, Silverstone, and the fictional London street circuit.

I'm not sure what all the Track Creator locations are, but as I mentioned, it sounds like Ronda, Spain is one of them. We'll just have to see about the rest.

Apparently, it's not Yas Marina in the trailer, but a new arena-type circuit specifically made for the game. Honestly, having another nice karting circuit doesn't sound too bad.

Also, there is supposed to be monthly DLC, including new tracks, coming along after the initial release.

There are rumblings of a new Tokyo street circuit in the Ginza District; Route 246 is in Aoyama. In addition, Seattle may be making a return. Now, if we could just get New York, El Capitan, and Midfield to come back.

Last edited by Purist; 27 Nov 2013 at 22:49.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3337718)   #92
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
You get Brands Hatch, Goodwood House Hillclimb, Silverstone,
Good, good.

Quote:
Now, if we could just get New York, El Capitan, and Midfield to come back.
Yes please (not too bothered about New York, but would like Apricot Hill).
Old 28 Nov 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3337775)   #93
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Apricot Hill is confirmed back for GT6, so you're in luck on that one as well.
Old 29 Nov 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3338246)   #94
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You really call that luck?

Another track we all know, is not luck its laziness!
Old 29 Nov 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3338319)   #95
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Apricot Hill is a good track. Practically speaking, going from GT4 to GT6, they'd have to completely re-make it anyway. Aside from the quick and easy part of conceptualizing a new circuit, it's probably no less work than actually building up an entirely new circuit. In fact, given the constraints that the existing track puts you under, it may be more work in some respects to bring it back for GT6 than it would be if you were starting from a clean sheet.

As it is, the initial release has EIGHT new courses:
1. Ascari Race Resort
2. Bathurst (Mount Panorama)
3. Brands Hatch
4. Goodwood House Hillclimb
5. Gran Turismo Arena
6. Matterhorn
7. Silverstone
8. Willow Springs

And a big thing here is, apart from Sears Point, I think that ALL of the tracks in GT5 are returning for GT6, along with those eight new courses. So, you get a significant, net increase in the number of tracks, which is something that I'm not sure we've seen since the move from GT2 to GT3.

Monthly DLCs, including cars and tracks, are supposed to be coming for the first year. So, there's plenty of scope for adding new and/or returning material.

(Personally, I'd like to see most of the tracks from GT4 that aren't already included brought back. And hey, if they come up with a Berlin street circuit, they'll have all of the top-tier European capitals covered, since they already have circuits for London, Paris, Madrid, and Rome.)
Old 30 Nov 2013, 03:36 (Ref:3338441)   #96
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Apricot Hill is a good track. Practically speaking, going from GT4 to GT6, they'd have to completely re-make it anyway. Aside from the quick and easy part of conceptualizing a new circuit, it's probably no less work than actually building up an entirely new circuit. In fact, given the constraints that the existing track puts you under, it may be more work in some respects to bring it back for GT6 than it would be if you were starting from a clean sheet.

As it is, the initial release has EIGHT new courses:
1. Ascari Race Resort
2. Bathurst (Mount Panorama)
3. Brands Hatch
4. Goodwood House Hillclimb
5. Gran Turismo Arena
6. Matterhorn
7. Silverstone
8. Willow Springs

And a big thing here is, apart from Sears Point, I think that ALL of the tracks in GT5 are returning for GT6, along with those eight new courses. So, you get a significant, net increase in the number of tracks, which is something that I'm not sure we've seen since the move from GT2 to GT3.

Monthly DLCs, including cars and tracks, are supposed to be coming for the first year. So, there's plenty of scope for adding new and/or returning material.

(Personally, I'd like to see most of the tracks from GT4 that aren't already included brought back. And hey, if they come up with a Berlin street circuit, they'll have all of the top-tier European capitals covered, since they already have circuits for London, Paris, Madrid, and Rome.)
There has been talk over adding Shanghai International Circuit to GT6... it won't be in the initial release but definitely something to watch for in DLC packages further down the road. I don't like the track much but we've already got most of the WEC calendar sorted and with the possible addition of Interlagos via DLC later on it would be nice to have a functioning virtual WEC series before GT7 hits the shelves.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3338862)   #97
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
"theyd have to remake it anyway"

Like they did with 90% of the cars in GT5 then eh>?

Cmon guys, I know there isnt much else on PS, but these guys have been ripping you off for donkeys years!

It has always been regurgitated tracks, cars, for 15 years.

You can pay if you want, but this is no different to F1 2011/12/13. The same game, with a few patches, priced new every year.

I know its profit and they ahve to make a living, but Polyphony are really rather bad at release dates, new stuff and incorporating things in single player games that ahve no place like B spec, track design, photos! I mean cmon who really uses that stuff!

There aere about 200 different horns! For Gods sake that is dull, pointless and simply an excuse to not do something more interesting!
Old 1 Dec 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3338882)   #98
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much repitition. What seems like 500+ GT-R's and MX5's....Why???

I know it won't happen, but they need to sign up some actual races series: DTM, V8 Supercars, SuperGT, etc

It's all a bit half hearted; with a few cars from each, and tracks they don't even race on.

And as a Motorsport fan - far too many ordinary cars, not enough competition cars.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3338981)   #99
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I saw the official car list confirmed for this game, I saw on the list that there will be more Super GT cars and teams! Epic, isn't it, if you're a Super GT fan?

Note that I'm a Super GT fan and a Formula One fan.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3338991)   #100
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Even if you did reduce the number of repeats, and culled some of the more mundane models, both of which would be fine by me, the car list would still probably seem somewhat repetitive. This is GT6, and you only get so many new supercars coming out in just the couple of years since GT5.

I am looking forward to seeing the other Vision Gran Turismo concepts, after seeing the offering from Mercedes-Benz. That element is something that seems pretty cool, that they were able to get all those manufacturers and design studios to sign on to directly contribute to new content.

On a slightly different note, if you cut back the list too much, as FM5 seems to have done, at least initially, you don't have enough variety in the lower-class events, or when you want to do a "silly car" races with mundane cars, or mundane cars that have been ridiculously suped-up.

Chunder, what WOULD be "more interesting" for Polyphony to do with GT?

I'm glad that they keep that core of good, original-to-the-game tracks. I'm also glad that they've added 6-12 new courses with each new iteration of the game.

With Sports Cars being the brand-and-butter of GT, actually having the full car sets from many of those series is a bit of a problem, for one particular reason. PD would have to manage to pry loose some sort of licensing agreement, through EA, to get Porsche.

Beetle, the WEC thing could be interesting, though they actually still have four of the eight circuits that they would need to add: Interlagos, Austin, Shanghai, and Bahrain. Also, you would really like to have the main cars from the series, like the F458s, 991 RSRs, V8 Vantages, R18s, TS030s, and the Porsche LMP1.

I wouldn't exactly call a full re-work on the physics engine for GT5, including working out full, 360-degree motion on all axes, a "patch".

You know, I think quite a few people probably enjoy at least dabbling with the Track Generator in GT5. What they have in store for GT6 sounds like something that I may have a serious interest in, and I've been on the "My Tracks" section here for 10 years.