Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Apr 2014, 04:04 (Ref:3391808)   #76
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gonna be even better if he hangs onto Napa WHEN he moves into cup.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3391857)   #77
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great win by Elliott
Old 15 Apr 2014, 02:54 (Ref:3392612)   #78
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I think we are witnessing the future successor of Jeff Gordon
right before our eyes.
That's presuming nobody snatches him up before Gordon retires, which could still be a few years from now. If he keeps up with this level of performance I could see a team like Penske, Roush or RCR snatching him up, especially if Napa moves with him.

Edit: Apparently Kasey Kahne's contract expires after next season, so I could see Hendrick dumping him in favor of Chase.

Last edited by Hendrix; 15 Apr 2014 at 03:08.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3398270)   #79
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brian Scott on the pole at Richmond...
Old 26 Apr 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3398417)   #80
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Tide back on the bonnet of a stock car - Harvick gets his 41st Nationwide race win & 7th at Richmond, Chase Elliot finishes P2, another impressive drive by him!

Chase Elliott - 313
Regan Smith - 294
Elliott Sadler - 290
Ty Dillon - 278
Trevor Bayne - 274
Brian Scott - 265
Brendan Gaughan - 239
James Buescher - 229
Dylan Kwasniewski - 212
Ryan Reed - 204
Old 26 Apr 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3398545)   #81
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Good to see Tide back on the bonnet of a stock car - Harvick gets his 41st Nationwide race win & 7th at Richmond, Chase Elliot finishes P2, another impressive drive by him!

Chase Elliott - 313
Regan Smith - 294
Elliott Sadler - 290
Ty Dillon - 278
Trevor Bayne - 274
Brian Scott - 265
Brendan Gaughan - 239
James Buescher - 229
Dylan Kwasniewski - 212
Ryan Reed - 204
Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch it. Weather there, yesterday, was abysmal! Originally broadcasted on a station, espnnews, that most, myself included, do not get. When they finally got the race started, it was switched to espn2, but it was REALLY late, far too late! I was already in bed. They should have postponed this race, until today, run it this afternoon and shown it on a station that the majority of people have! Glad Chase Elliott did well. This kid is one of the biggest stars of the future! Future multiple Sprint Cup race and championship winner! Said it before, I'll say it again, the BEST of very talented group of young drivers coming up today!
Old 3 May 2014, 05:02 (Ref:3401026)   #82
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Sam Hornish Jnr (in the #54) on the Dega pole in a 1-2-3 for JGR...
Old 4 May 2014, 02:54 (Ref:3401685)   #83
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Elliott Sadler wins at Talladega - his 10th Nationwide series win...

Chase Elliott - 339
Elliott Sadler -338
Regan Smith - 336
Trevor Bayne - 308
Ty Dillon - 308
Brian Scott - 277
Brendan Gaughan - 250
James Buescher - 244
Chris Buescher - 229
Mike Bliss - 225
Old 4 May 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3401772)   #84
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Had to miss this race, yesterday. That is two in a row that I have missed. Hat to take my girl friend to the hospital. She was having trouble talking, very confused, lips were numb. I was afraid that she was having a stroke. Fortunately, that was not the case. She is having trouble absorbing oxygen through her blood system. They don't know why so they admitted her, for tests and observation. I'm only home for a couple of minutes, to shower and get a change of cloths. I hear it was a good race yesterday. Wish I could have seen it.
Old 4 May 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3401816)   #85
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
That's not good news.
Old 4 May 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3401848)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Had to miss this race, yesterday. That is two in a row that I have missed. Hat to take my girl friend to the hospital. She was having trouble talking, very confused, lips were numb. I was afraid that she was having a stroke. Fortunately, that was not the case. She is having trouble absorbing oxygen through her blood system. They don't know why so they admitted her, for tests and observation. I'm only home for a couple of minutes, to shower and get a change of cloths. I hear it was a good race yesterday. Wish I could have seen it.
Hope she gets well soon!
Old 5 May 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3402310)   #87
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
My best thoughts for her.
Old 5 May 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3402416)   #88
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Thank you everyone. We got her home from the hospital, yesterday afternoon. She rested well last night. She will be going to the doctor for more test. Hopefully everything will turn out alright. Thanks again.
Old 18 May 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3407648)   #89
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
This was reported, at Jayski's this morning. Good for Dale Earnhardt Jr. He is not going to move Chase up to the Cup level too quickly. Will let him develop his talent as well as mature, in the things outside of the car, that are necessary for a driver to become a top star in the Cup Series. I'm sure that Bill had some say so in this, as well. Here is the article, from Jayski's:

Earnhardt Jr. not in a rush to push Elliott to Cup: #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr met with media on Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway and was asked about Chase Driver who drives for JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series:
Q) REGARDING CHASE ELLIOTT, DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO SPEED UP HIS PREP BASED ON WHAT HE HAS BEEN DOING, OR DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN HIS PREP?
Earnhardt Jr.: "I don't think you do either one. I think you just set a plan from the start, and you stick with it. We have like a two-year plan I suppose, that he runs in the Nationwide Series and I think you just stick with the plan regardless of the success he is having. You have the commitments in line with sponsors and what have you, so I think it will suit him well to relax and not have to worry about that and just follow the plan that he has had in front of him from the start. He is really young too, so he has a lot of time on his hands and time to get to Cup level to realize that potential, one day. But yes, I think he can just sit there and relax knowing what we tried to set out to do from the start and not really adjust."(Team Chevy)(5-18-2014)
Old 19 May 2014, 00:48 (Ref:3407671)   #90
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Been a few back to back Nationwide series champions in the last 15/16 years - Earnhardt Jnr, Truex Jnr, Stenhouse Jnr - no rush for Chase, though he probably wont go back to back because he don't have "Jnr" in his name

Sam Hornish Jnr wins Iowa, his 3rd career win...

Chase Elliott - 379
Elliott Sadler - 377
Regan Smith - 377
Ty Dillon - 344
Trevor Bayne - 343
Brian Scott - 315
Brendan Gaughan - 282
James Buescher - 269
Chris Buescher - 260
Landon Cassill - 258
Old 19 May 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3407775)   #91
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They'll be a huge gravitational pull drawing him into Cup prematurely. If the Earnhardt and the Elliots resist that, hats off to them.
Old 24 May 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3410014)   #92
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Larson takes the "History" 300. I missed the story behind that name, but it seems sexist to me .

Watched the last hundred laps and missed what happened to Chase; he was "off" when I joined and was on/off for the rest of the race.
Old 24 May 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3410015)   #93
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
History Channel isn't it? Elliot just sideswiped the wall. I'm not sure precisely why. Great to see Larson extend the lead against hotshots like Kes and Kyle.
Old 24 May 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3410022)   #94
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Something broke in the front right chassis dept of Chases car and
pancaked the wall. Nice hole to dig out and all part of the racing experience.
Old 24 May 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3410062)   #95
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Chase took a hit in the point, plenty of time to make it up...

Regan Smith - 414
Elliott Sadler - 409
Chase Elliott - 386
Trevor Bayne - 379
Ty Dillon - 378
Brian Scott - 354
Brendan Gaughan - 309
James Buescher - 303
Chris Buescher - 295
Dylan Kwasniewski - 285
Old 1 Jun 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3413406)   #96
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Kyle Busch wins at Dover, career win #66 - bored with cup drivers winning in the lower categories

Points...

Regan Smith - 448
Elliott Sadler - 444
Chase Elliott - 426
Trevor Bayne - 421
Ty Dillon - 414
Brian Scott - 391
Brendan Gaughan - 341
James Buescher - 332
Chris Buescher - 328
Dylan Kwasniewski - 303
Landon Cassill - 302
Old 1 Jun 2014, 00:58 (Ref:3413417)   #97
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Kyle Busch wins at Dover, career win #66 - bored with cup drivers winning in the lower categories

Points...

Regan Smith - 448
Elliott Sadler - 444
Chase Elliott - 426
Trevor Bayne - 421
Ty Dillon - 414
Brian Scott - 391
Brendan Gaughan - 341
James Buescher - 332
Chris Buescher - 328
Dylan Kwasniewski - 303
Landon Cassill - 302
Agreed! Extreamly tired of this series being the Sprint Cup Lite Series! They need to keep the Sprint Cup teams and drivers out of this series! Let it's drivers have a real chance to win, instead of just a lucky day, when the Cup teams and drivers have problems or at the FEW events where Cup teams and drivers do not participate, like Iowa!
Old 1 Jun 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3413523)   #98
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me, I am kinda embarrassed for Kyle. There is hardly
any competition for him in the trucks and nwide. He continues to
collect easy trophies and he appears to enjoy it. At the winners circle
in the truck race he did mention his protégé driver would be back in the truck
the next few races. Almost like he was apologizing. Its becoming a joke.
Its a " who can beat Kyle show".
Old 2 Jun 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3413998)   #99
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it pays more than it costs to run, it's a good earner for him though. If he is fit enough to run all 3 and it doesn't detract from his ability for cup, you can see why he does it.

Busch whackers/Cup drivers running NW annoys me though, even more so because its him
Old 16 Jun 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3422696)   #100
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Comcast Xfinity, NASCAR in talks for series title deal : NASCAR is in advanced talks with Comcast Xfinity about becoming title sponsor of the sport's secondary series. Nationwide Insurance, which has sponsored the series since 2007, is in the final year of its title sponsorship, and NASCAR has been looking for a replacement sponsor for the Nationwide Series since last fall. Conversations with Xfinity, which is Comcast's video service, have been going on for several months. Sources familiar with the negotiations said the parties have not reached a contract phase but that Comcast has emerged as a leading candidate for the sponsorship. NASCAR Chief Sales Officer Jim O'Connell said the company doesn't comment on discussions with current or potential sponsors. He added, "With regards to the Nationwide Series, we're speaking to a number of companies in a number of different industries." Comcast did not reply to a request for comment. NASCAR is asking $12 million to $15 million annually in rights fees for the title sponsorship of the series. Media and activation commitments would take the total costs of the deal to more than $25 million. In addition to Comcast Xfinity, NASCAR has met with a number of companies in the auto aftermarket category, including Advance Auto Parts and AutoZone. Nationwide Insurance is spending approximately $10 million in rights fees for title sponsorship of the series. Its total spend, which includes activation at track and media spending, is in excess of $20 million. The company opted to discontinue its sponsorship of the series in order to become an official NASCAR sponsor and sponsor the #88 car driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Next year, Nationwide will sponsor Earnhardt Jr. in 12 Sprint Cup races.(Sports Business Journal)(6-16-2014)