Quote:
Originally posted by snakepit27

BYE BYE HAKKINEN
DITTO!!!!BYE BYE!!
Old 8 Sep 2001, 11:14 (Ref:143622)   #77
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't count on that. Mika will stay.
Old 8 Sep 2001, 13:07 (Ref:143671)   #78
snakepit27
Racer

snakepit27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Don't count on that. Mika will stay.
Mika will go

DC will stay
Old 8 Sep 2001, 13:27 (Ref:143679)   #79
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Mika will go

DC will stay
Mika will get off the seat, but will stay at McLaren's staff(IMO)
Old 8 Sep 2001, 14:52 (Ref:143695)   #80
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a good idea for McLaren to tie up Kimi's services as soon as possible, to keep him away from Ferrari. I'm not sure that Williams will change their lineup anytime soon.
Kimi has been faster than Nick frequently this year, which I believe confirms some real talent....after all, your first opponent is your teammate.
If Ron Dennis doesn't want to get rid of DC or Mika, then he'd be better off leaving Kimi at Sauber for a year, and have Norbert give them the engines for Kimi to get accustomed to.
I guess Peter Sauber knows that to take it to the next level, he needs current spec top line engines. In order to pay for them, it costs his most valuable current asset, namely Mr. Raikonnen. I'm not sure what losing him would mean to his sponsors. I'm sure they don't want him to let Kimi go. Such a dilemma!

Old 8 Sep 2001, 21:05 (Ref:143788)   #81
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Mika will go

DC will stay

Do you really believe that? Don't be so sure..David Coulthard is in for the BIGGEST shock of his life.. IMHO of course..
Old 8 Sep 2001, 21:34 (Ref:143798)   #82
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jersound,

you hit the nail !!!
Old 9 Sep 2001, 01:20 (Ref:143884)   #83
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Complex issue

This is a complex issue, and started with Peter Sauber wanting to upgrade to a full factory engine for next year. He has an ace in his hand in Kimi, nobody denies that, and since he got Kimi on the cheap, he stands to make a tidy sum by trading him to another team for cash to fund his works engine aspirations. Reports are that he has been talking to McLaren, and I suspect Peter wants a Mercedes works engine next year. He hs nothing to lose (except an excellent driver who is a potential future champion0 but that wouldn't stop him from trading Kimi. This protracted series of discussions with McLaren has therefore fueled speculations here of one of the Mclaren drivers having to go at the end of this year. Of course, there is another tack available to Peter - he could trade Kimi's contract to McLaren for McLaren to take up the option at the end of next year. Who knows? The permutations and combinations are almost endless here.
Meanwhile I firmly believe that he may be going down the wrong road by leaving the customer Ferrari engine for next year, which will be an improved version of this year's engine, and which could actually turn out to be the best engine on the grid next year. People seem to forget that Peter still has Nick Heidfeld, who is probably among the top rung of drivers already. And there appears to be quite a few really good drivers available for F1 including Alex Wurz, Webber, Pizzonia, Badoer, ......the list is endless.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 02:58 (Ref:143903)   #84
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You are thinking along the same lines are you Mr Bononi..Dennis the Menace is up to something and we will know only when HE is good and ready and not before.. What is your given name please?

Regards...Jeremy
Old 9 Sep 2001, 10:12 (Ref:143956)   #85
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

I take it then that you are not one of the founding members of the Friends of Minardi Society
I am a huge Minardi fan, my comment was not to detract from one of the great teams in F1 more to say that DC has done nothing for me to earn his place in a front running team for the last 7 years.
Rather than wishing him to go to Minardi I hope he simply doesn't get a drive although my dislike for DC is as strong as for Ron Dennis, an ideal partnership but a waste of a good drivers seat to DC.

Guy
Old 9 Sep 2001, 10:34 (Ref:143964)   #86
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yes. But no names yet please. Altough is getting clear everyday...
Old 9 Sep 2001, 21:49 (Ref:144179)   #87
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The german public TV ZDF was reporting in teletext that McLaren would pay the 11 million Euro's to get Kimi out of Sauber's contract until 2003. Now they also say they want his service already next season starting with May....why May???
Anyway they say they have the "Bild" newspaper as their source, not really the best and most reliable one.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:22 (Ref:144232)   #88
Herminator
Racer

Herminator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok I'm new to this topic but I'm a DC fan, and I see some of the doubters points are valid but only so far. Yes he has dissapointed a lot thelast few years, but the guy has had incredibly bad luck at the worst times possible. And with the favouritism shown to Hakkinen by Ron, it has been hard for him to out shine his more experienced team mate. Until this year where Hakkinen may well have been driving for Minardi with all the points he's scored. As for DC leaving, I don't think so for one second, and it would be a great shame to waste Kimi as a test driver, I hope that Mika goes to Sauber, as his heart is just not in F1 anymore, even though we've seen glimpses of his former talent, this year.
Shumey? I think the guy is awsome, undoubtably one of the best drivers ever to sit behind a wheel, but he does have the occasional personality flaw, but his aggresion has also helped him at times, never mind his younger brother rising to his standards, the next Shuey is Montoya.

There, a few things of my chest.
Herminator.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:38 (Ref:144237)   #89
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the Forum Herminator.

I guess you are a fan of the great Herminator, are you even austrian? I am sorry about what happened to this great sportsman. I hope he will be back someday.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:44 (Ref:144238)   #90
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Hermi.

The next Schumi is Montoya...very interesting comment,please elaborate.

When you say DC has had bad luck,what about his luck at Brazil and Austria where he failed to beat the top drivers,as they had incidents.

I`m also curious about the favouritism Ron has shown?.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:16 (Ref:144255)   #91
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Complex issue

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
This is a complex issue, and started with Peter Sauber wanting to upgrade to a full factory engine for next year. ......People seem to forget that Peter still has Nick Heidfeld, who is probably among the top rung of drivers already. And there appears to be quite a few really good drivers available for F1 including Alex Wurz, Webber, Pizzonia, Badoer, ......the list is endless.

Bouncey,I want qoute you whot post, but I think you raise some interesting thoughts. I think you are close to the truth here.

Its good to have you back, BTW.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 03:10 (Ref:144274)   #92
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Re: Re: Complex issue

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO

Bouncey,I want qoute you whot post, but I think you raise some interesting thoughts. I think you are close to the truth here.

Its good to have you back, BTW.
Thaks EERO. By the way, have you "spoken" with Minardi Fan?
Old 10 Sep 2001, 15:16 (Ref:144429)   #93
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, but I did just reread what I wrote to you and I'm embarrassed by my spelling.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 15:18 (Ref:144431)   #94
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
What I thought I had typed was "I won't quote your whole post but..."
Old 10 Sep 2001, 18:13 (Ref:144527)   #95
Herminator
Racer

My name has nothing to do with being a fan of some guy with the same name, it's a nick name developed by my friends. As to DC being unlucky, yes he is, he has had a lot more beakdowns over the last few year compared to Mika, part of the reason he has not been able to perform aswell as his team mate. Ok DC does not win as often as he should do but more iportantly he finishes in the points if his car doesn't let him down. In Montoya I see the aggression that Shuey has, he also manages to drive his car hard, it may not be the smoothest style of driving but it means he can wring the car by its neck and get the best out of it, such as Shuey had to do to win his first championship for Ferrari.

Herminator
Old 10 Sep 2001, 22:54 (Ref:144678)   #96
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
. In Montoya I see the aggression that Shuey has, he also manages to drive his car hard, it may not be the smoothest style of driving but it means he can wring the car by its neck and get the best out of it, such as Shuey had to do to win his first championship for Ferrari.

Herminator
I think driving a F1 car hard these days doesn`t work,maybe that explains some of Montoya`s 10 dnf`s.

Also,his aggressive move in Austria was actually a rookie error.
Old 11 Sep 2001, 17:16 (Ref:144973)   #97
Herminator
Racer

'I think driving a F1 car hard these days doesn`t work,maybe that explains some of Montoya`s 10 dnf`s.

Also,his aggressive move in Austria was actually a rookie error.'

What about his aggresive move in Brazil, a great overtaking move on Shuey, and only just a few races into the season. Hard driving doesn't work, hmm, it's only worked for multiple world champion Shumacher.
Old 12 Sep 2001, 14:02 (Ref:145267)   #98
Newey
Rookie

Newey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

McLaren did not make a disision yet.
I hope that Mika and David will stay It's a perfect couple.

"Never change a winning team!"