Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3082621)   #76
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If he moved from McLaren to Ferrari it wouldn't work. It might work if he had an interval at Red Bull but I'm not sure Hamilton could handle the foreign politics of Ferrari straight away having lived all his life in the cozy environ of Mclaren. I think he'd lose out. Red Bull is no joke politics-wise either but the atmosphere would be more familiar. That's the way I think but that might not be Hamilton's mind. He might be cocky enough to think he can make the leap to Ferrari straight away. Of course there's the fluctuating competitiveness of Ferrari to consider as well.
Old 31 May 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3082627)   #77
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Really?! Strange! Always thought he was quite popular. With all due respect, the car didn't look to be a top line contender.

Selby
Old 31 May 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3082665)   #78
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I imagine any driver would be a little concerned about moving into an Italian Team backed by a Spanish bank just now. I know it's a big team and a big bank, but it could be a very big financial storm brewing.
Old 31 May 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3082695)   #79
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
I imagine any driver would be a little concerned about moving into an Italian Team backed by a Spanish bank just now. I know it's a big team and a big bank, but it could be a very big financial storm brewing.
Ferrari still get most of their sponsorship money from a previously banned source. The way that it works is that Philip Morris International (or whatever) buys the whole lot from Ferrari and then PM sells some of it to other sponsors. That way, Ferrari and PM (Marlboro) get around the tobacco advertising ban. Over one five year period, Ferrari received around $1 billion dollars from PM!

The whole thing was still causing heads to pop, just last year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...ne-sponsorship
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3083231)   #80
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mansell was popular with the Tifosi. Very well loved.

I think Hamilton would fit just fine at Ferrari. Romantic team and exuberant driver, goes well. On the surface at least.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3083234)   #81
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm just not sure that Hamilton would want to go up against the Spaniard again, in a team in which he's well-settled for the long term, and with a car that isn't the best (notwithstanding Alonso's points lead). Better off at McLaren.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3083251)   #82
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I feel that Alonso has an ability to set up his car better than Massa has, rather than him being able to take it by the scruff of the neck and bully it to the finishing line. Stay away Lewis, there'll be no sharing of data there!

More 'silly season' rumours:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/180340/...d_of_year.html

Last edited by Marbot; 1 Jun 2012 at 13:36.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3083256)   #83
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love it. Wanted to see it for ages. I think it's be great business (regardless of the Santander thing - and think about it, Lewis has already done ample Santander adverts over here in UK. Perfect: Fernando for Spain, Lewis for UK), and I genuinely think after a while (and I mean a good few seasons perhaps...), the Tifosi will gradually fall for him.

What a super-pairing that is. If the Tifosi can't see that, they must be crazy! I could see them taking to him more than a say, Seb Vettel. Lewis is so aggressive. They'd surely appreciate the talents and desire, and the battles with Fernando!

Selby
Old 1 Jun 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3083404)   #84
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lewis whining and complaining when things don't go his way would go over like a lead tomato at Ferrari. He also wouldn't have the Lewis love fest and the required ego stroking that is Martin Whitmarsh.

Despite rooting against MacLaren on race weekend, I consider them to be a constant contender and I hope they do whatever it takes to keep him happy. I'll even kick in a few quid!

This Tifosi wants no part of him at Ferrari!

Because he's English...
Old 1 Jun 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3083425)   #85
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
This Tifosi wants no part of him at Ferrari!

Because he's English...
Well he would be the 4th English WDC driving for Ferrari if he did.
Please no thanks though. I've supported Lewis for a long time but I'd draw the line at cheering for him in a Ferrari. I'd have no choice but to cut ties lol. He's already driving for the greatest F1 team in the sports history, so anything else just isn't cricket.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3083470)   #86
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oddly enough I'm in a similar position.

I've supported Ferrari for a (very) long time, but I'd draw the line at cheering a Ferrari with him in it.

Old 1 Jun 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3083488)   #87
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Here's to cricket while we are at it!

Old 1 Jun 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3083518)   #88
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post

I've supported Ferrari for a (very) long time, but I'd draw the line at cheering a Ferrari with him in it.

+1
Old 2 Jun 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3083649)   #89
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe Saward thinks Lewis should stay put at McLaren, as there are no better options available at the moment. You cannot really argue with his logic.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...aving-mclaren/

I cannot see any move for him for next season being better than what he has. One has also got to take into account the new regs in 2014 where somebody will probably do a better job than everybody else with their new cars/engines
Old 2 Jun 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3083704)   #90
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

I cannot see any move for him for next season being better than what he has. One has also got to take into account the new regs in 2014 where somebody will probably do a better job than everybody else with their new cars/engines
'tis true.

And no one does a better job than Adrian Newey with a new set of regulations.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3083727)   #91
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The idea of Hamilton leaving McLaren mid-season is just bonkers. Whither and why? It makes no sense at all. Even by the standards of "silly season", this is daft.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3084027)   #92
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see Hamilton moving mid season, more like next or the following winter if he does move.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3084052)   #93
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It'll be the end of this year or the end of 2014. But then again most deals are for 3 years aren't they?
Old 3 Jun 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3084086)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post

Isnt Potsie going to Ferrari in 2013?

Suggests so here....

In reality, it is more than likely some more posturing around a better financial deal for 2013 and beyond than a serious threat. There are no topline seats around without some kind of poison attached...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jun 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3085140)   #95
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I think this probably is posturing for the sake of contract negotiations. Hamilton's management may well think he's worth more than McLaren is currently offering, but my intuition tells me that peace will break out and Hamilton will be in a McLaren in 2013, and very possibly for a good while longer, too.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3085158)   #96
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Somebody told me yesterday that he's re-signed until 2015.

I've not yet seen any evidence of that.......
Old 7 Jun 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3087162)   #97
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is this today from Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100176
Old 8 Jun 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3087268)   #98
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting article. Sounds like Lewis has all contingencies covered: He could talk if he wanted to. he could worry, but he has people who can do that. He can have his people talk to their people, or not and he even contemplates passing from the scene entirely!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3087333)   #99
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully Lewis Hamilton will continue to Mclaren, but in certain circumstances, I would see her as a new team Mercedes GP or Red Bull Racing.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3087371)   #100
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There is this today from Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100176
Always makes me wonder if a driver (Lewis in this case) is taking a bit of a gamble? Of course, i can understand the desire to see whats out there, but it can also send a message to the team "i'm waiting to see if i can find anything better!", what happen's if the current team, thinking that their driver is leaving find a replacement, (for arguements sake, lets say they take Di Resta on), then it transpires that (lets say) Ferrari decide to keep Massa which means that there is no place at Ferrari for Webber, where does that leave Lewis? Backwards to Force India?