Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: So which pairing shall with this Bathurst thing?
#1 Skaife/Tander 19 12.67%
#2 Seton/Baird 2 1.33%
#3 Richards/Murphy 14 9.33%
#4 Courtney/Besnard 5 3.33%
#5 Youlden/Canto 3 2.00%
#6 Richards/Winterbottom 23 15.33%
#7 T.Kelly/Pretty 2 1.33%
#9 van Gisbergen/Webb 2 1.33%
#11 Price/Perkins 2 1.33%
#12 A.Jones/C.McConville 1 0.67%
#14 Wilson/B.Jones 1 0.67%
#15 R.Kelly/Radisich 3 2.00%
#16 Dumbrell/Reynolds 1 0.67%
#18 W.Davison/Johnson (was #17) 12 8.00%
#17 Owen/Luff (was #18) 2 1.33%
#021 Pither/Scott 4 2.67%
#25 Bright/Macrow 0 0%
#26 Marshall/Halliday 0 0%
#33 Holdsworth/Caruso 3 2.00%
#34 Ritter/Ellery 0 0%
#39 Morris/Ingall 6 4.00%
#50 Weel/Thompson 0 0%
#51 Wood/Noske 0 0%
#55 Bargwanna/D'Alberto 0 0%
#67 Said/Neal 3 2.00%
#88 Hynes/Giovanardi 2 1.33%
#111 Coulthard/A.Davison 4 2.67%
#777 Patrizi/Reindler (was Denyer) 0 0%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes 36 24.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Sep 2008, 02:32 (Ref:2299974)   #76
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
shoe launch
Pardon?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2300331)   #77
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys...just bought the programme for this year's race. While I can say that it is a great read, the entry lists for the support categories are way out-of-date. If someone could please send me in the right direction, or post an official copy of any of the entry lists, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 29 Sep 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2300334)   #78
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Pardon?
Shoe launch? That would be the Puma/HSV range launch. Damn Melbourne gets all the good events.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2300363)   #79
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys. I know that this may be a little off topic, but I just purchased this year's race programme. I've had a quick look through it and there are some good stories, but the entry lists for the support categories are not up to date. If anyone can please point me in the right direction in obtaining these, or possibly post them, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Also, I believe that the GRM Commodores will be very strong at the Mount this year. #33 was almost 'under the radar' at PI, and i was happily surprised at the pace and maturity of Mr Caruso. His drive in those trying conditions was a testiment to the ability he has, which I doubted at the beginning of the season upon hearing his replace of Dean Canto. If he does the same at the Mount, Lee will do the rest. Good Luck Lethal & Robbo!!!
The #34 driver line-up has the reputation and the ability to be well inside the top 10 by late Sunday afternoon. I think Greg and Steve will surprise a few people.
The GRM straight line speed up the Mountain and down Conrod was a weakness in the past few years, and in my opinion the only weakness. The chassis and the set-up of the GRM cars from the Cutting to the Elbow is one of the best in the field, so I am looking forward to the most competitive weekend GRM has had at the Mountain for many years.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 30 Sep 2008, 03:25 (Ref:2300838)   #80
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was a story doing the rounds near Bass Strait about another team with black cars also being short of engines.

Does anyone know this to be true and whether more engines will be available to mount a Bathurst charge?

Their sponsors product is good on the rocks, which are quite different to the rocks thrown at the team should they not be able to start the Great Race due to engine shortage.

Last edited by Just Do It!; 30 Sep 2008 at 03:27.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2300844)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
There was a story doing the rounds near Bass Strait about another team with black cars also being short of engines.

Does anyone know this to be true and whether more engines will be available to mount a Bathurst charge?

Their sponsors product is good on the rocks, which are quite different to the rocks thrown at the team should they not be able to start the Great Race due to engine shortage.
Why would they be short of engines when there are at least 3 tied up in development series cars of a similar specification?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Sep 2008, 06:47 (Ref:2300885)   #82
drift king
Racer

drift king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You sure your not confused with the TKR car?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 12:19 (Ref:2301076)   #83
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I reckon that might just be a bit of
Old 1 Oct 2008, 01:00 (Ref:2301593)   #84
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Source is overseas and uncontactable. Let's see what light can be shed.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 01:25 (Ref:2301602)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Source is overseas and uncontactable. Let's see what light can be shed.
Everywhere is overseas from UnZud
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Oct 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2302465)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not long now
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Oct 2008, 03:50 (Ref:2302466)   #87
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New HRT Bathurst livery..........

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Oct 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2302467)   #88
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Were is that from GTR, and is it 100%
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 2 Oct 2008, 03:53 (Ref:2302468)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From the HRT website, so presumably its the right pic
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Oct 2008, 04:04 (Ref:2302469)   #90
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I like it.

The lion being more prominent gives the car more of a Holden look.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 04:04 (Ref:2302470)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is Russ-hole a shot?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Oct 2008, 04:32 (Ref:2302477)   #92
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I think he is.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 05:57 (Ref:2302498)   #93
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can write off HRT now that they have changed the livery on the car.

Some racers in the past have suffered at the hands of this superstition. Think about the year Brock died and they had the special black bonnets in honor of the great man. They didn't even make it to Turn 2!!

Take a look at what happened in China for T8 when they rang the LG paint job. They thought having 888 on the side of the car would bring them good luck as per local superstition and what happened?? They had a shocking round. Then look at the PI 2006 when they dropped the Betta signage off and started with Vodafone stuff on the car.

Even Schumacher decided to change his helmet for the Japan GP and ended up losing the Championship to Mika.

It doesn't look like much of a change, but I'm going to write them off in my book.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2302519)   #94
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
That is GORGEOUS.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2302529)   #95
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
You can write off HRT now that they have changed the livery on the car.

Some racers in the past have suffered at the hands of this superstition. Think about the year Brock died and they had the special black bonnets in honor of the great man. They didn't even make it to Turn 2!!

Take a look at what happened in China for T8 when they rang the LG paint job. They thought having 888 on the side of the car would bring them good luck as per local superstition and what happened?? They had a shocking round. Then look at the PI 2006 when they dropped the Betta signage off and started with Vodafone stuff on the car.

Even Schumacher decided to change his helmet for the Japan GP and ended up losing the Championship to Mika.

It doesn't look like much of a change, but I'm going to write them off in my book.
True.

Tander and Skaife watch out for Jack Perkins.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2302583)   #96
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so what was GTR doin on the hRT site?
Old 2 Oct 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2302688)   #97
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well 60 minutes think GT is a sex symbol, i assume GTR was looking for some "nice" shots of GT.

watch right at the end of the video. P.S i'm laughing with Leanne.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2302695)   #98
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
It was a mistake. He was looking up Hormone Relacement Therapy.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2302698)   #99
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
I was kinda hoping that the driver combos would have been mixed up, to put Mr Seton along side Mr Tander... and completely ruin the betting on the race...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Oct 2008, 03:43 (Ref:2303170)   #100
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

That's NICE. They should keep it for the rest of the season.
Good to see V8 Supercars in the mainstream media, is that episode of 60mins for this Sunday upcoming or have i missed it??