Old 21 Mar 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3222411)   #76
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark25787 View Post
Have you got a link to the entry list please?
Try this

http://www.themastersseries.com/event-information

I agree then entries look very "interesting" Just hope the forecast isnt correct!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3222415)   #77
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
And you get well soon my friend
Old 21 Mar 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3222479)   #78
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This weather is looking decidedly poor. Not looking good for Saturday. But Im sure the SMC Stages at Weeton will still be on for Sunday. Rally dont mind snow!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3222576)   #79
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This morning we have roughly 2ft of snow in stoke. It is still snowing bit more horizontal at the moment
Old 22 Mar 2013, 08:37 (Ref:3222595)   #80
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Apparently they have about 2" at Oulton and today's testing is going to be cancelled. Hope it clears by tomorrow.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3222601)   #81
stevenage_saint
Rookie

stevenage_saint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
clear in Stockport at the moment but it is snowing now,
Old 22 Mar 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3222622)   #82
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggispeed View Post
Apparently they have about 2" at Oulton and today's testing is going to be cancelled. Hope it clears by tomorrow.
Not according to their official twitter account. Will make descision at midday
Old 22 Mar 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3222643)   #83
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Oulton Testing will commence at 11am
Old 22 Mar 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3222661)   #84
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
Oulton Testing will commence at 11am
That's a bit of good news then, the call I got first thing this morning said not to bother coming down as it was going to be cancelled, will see if I can get along this afternoon
Old 22 Mar 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3222662)   #85
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Hopefully be ok for tomorrow
Old 22 Mar 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3222685)   #86
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I understand it, a large number of marshals are expected tomorrow, so perhaps we should run a shift system and standown members of the post team for some sessions to warm up.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3222692)   #87
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthportFC Fan View Post
As I understand it, a large number of marshals are expected tomorrow, so perhaps we should run a shift system and standown members of the post team for some sessions to warm up.
I've just been stood in the shower thinking exactly the same!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3222722)   #88
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
... And always remember, Orange friends, that when your colleague starts to strip off his clothes because he wants to dance in the middle of the track with the nice fairies, this is normally an indication of late-onset hypothermia.

On the other hand, if a Post Chief does this, do not be alarmed as it's quite normal ... particularly at Oulton.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3222738)   #89
ibuckley
Rookie

United Kingdom
Littleborough
ibuckley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please not Hill Top, please not Hill Top, please not Hill Top, please not Hill Top
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3222751)   #90
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
Woolley and Mark - man up guys! Its only a bit of mild weather! and you havent got that far to drive. After the meeting I'm driving down to Poole, Dorset!
LOL. But if the weather's bad you can get home as an alternative to going to Poole, whereas for me I'll be sleeping in Race Control until it clears...!

Reminds me of the old days of the Welsh National rally, heading for Clocaenog through roads that were several feet deep on either side of the road and wondering if I would be getting home again!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3222767)   #91
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's the BBC forecast for Little Budworth tomorrow.

Wrap up warm !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2644361
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3222773)   #92
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look at the wind strength! Combined with the temperature, it's going to feel pretty cold out there! How many layers can I wear and still move is the biggest question.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3222782)   #93
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
What's the maximum number of marshals allowed to be in Race Control ?
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3222784)   #94
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakersboy View Post
Look at the wind strength! Combined with the temperature, it's going to feel pretty cold out there! How many layers can I wear and still move is the biggest question.
Think there's going to be a lot of Michelin men and women tomorrow.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3222789)   #95
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
What concerns me is the number of new marshals who don't have the experience to bring the right food/drink/equipment. Any volunteers to be the Post Chief/Incident Officer who has to send a first time marshal home early ?
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3222794)   #96
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I personally think that Donington/750MC have made the correct call in postponing their event scheduled for tomorrow!
It's not about "Manning Up" but being sensible.
The forecast for Stoke/Crewe is for heavy overnight snow.
Although I'm looking forward to the meeting, I'd rather be put out of my misery now than at 9am tomorrow, when we've all turned out and incurred expenditure.
The law of sod though says that if the event was canned.........tomorrow would be bright and sunny!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3222797)   #97
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret squirrel View Post
Anybody camping at oulton on friday? Who do I contact for marshalls camping.....or just turn up?
According to the MSV website - there IS a campsite available - FOC - from 18:00 tonight!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3222798)   #98
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
I'm with you 100% on this. Of course we could now notify the Chief Marshal that we're going to be no shows, but I can't help thinking that, with 25 years + in this this game, if anybody should be there, it should be us !!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3222800)   #99
Rob Williams
Rookie

England
Birmingham
Rob Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
What concerns me is the number of new marshals who don't have the experience to bring the right food/drink/equipment. Any volunteers to be the Post Chief/Incident Officer who has to send a first time marshal home early ?
this is when your first priority is to your fellow team, the cold will hit some one fast, get them off post but tell them to go to one place normally the medical centre so they don't get lost around the circuit, and report it to race control.
stay safe, remember when you have lots of clothes on and cold you wont be doing a sub 10sec 100mts.
see you all at the end of the year,
Robert Williams,
CSCC
Old 22 Mar 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3222801)   #100
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
I'm with you 100% on this. Of course we could now notify the Chief Marshal that we're going to be no shows, but I can't help thinking that, with 25 years + in this this game, if anybody should be there, it should be us !!
Yep