Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Sep 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2002096)   #76
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or from another point of view, maybe Giovanardi shouldn't have cut Onslow-Cole's nose off ?...
Old 2 Sep 2007, 22:05 (Ref:2002100)   #77
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Onslow-Cole can get as involved as he wants. It's racing.

It wasn't that bad a move either to be honest. A racing incident, I thought both drivers could have done better.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 22:12 (Ref:2002111)   #78
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just got back, would have got home earlier but it took an hour to clear the car park and then another hour to get to Kincardine Bridge.

Any way cracking day's racing. I was in the paddock before the start of the walkabout and Matt Jackson was not happy with Mr Neal (not seen it yet on TV will watch it in the morning). But 3 good race's today. As for Legends what great fun can we have them back on the TOCA package full time please Mr Gow?
Old 2 Sep 2007, 22:25 (Ref:2002123)   #79
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant days racing viewed from Clark/Carlube.

Touring cars were entertaining, the FBMW first race was spectacular...if for the wrong reasons. A Scottish Champion crowned.

Last but not least the Legends were as always some of the best racing of the day....only complaint is that they didn't stop to do donuts at Clark where there was still a big crowd.

Can't wait for the next set of action in a couple of weeks at the SMRC meeting

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 2 Sep 2007 at 22:28.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 09:38 (Ref:2002397)   #80
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Just a question, why is there a six week gap till Thruxton?

Was the gap caused by a (few?) cancelled events or something?
Old 3 Sep 2007, 09:51 (Ref:2002407)   #81
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rugby World Cup on ITV. Same situation as the football causing the long gap mid-season last year.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2002493)   #82
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone
anyone else think onslow-cole was an idiot to get that involved with Gio?

I wasn't happy

It's not the getting involved that makes him an idiot. He'd clearly run out of ideas for getting by legitimately and had made his mind up to lunge in at the hairpin some while before whether it was on or not.

That's what makes him an idiot.................
Old 3 Sep 2007, 11:59 (Ref:2002514)   #83
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Rugby World Cup on ITV. Same situation as the football causing the long gap mid-season last year.
Sadly ITV think that watching Italy get raped by New Zealand will be more entertaining than F1 qualifying at Monza.

Rugby is just the stupidest sport - random violence with a ball chucked in and no tactics. Then again, if it was WBC, the start of the NFL season or any other real sport it wouldn't even get shown.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 13:47 (Ref:2002615)   #84
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST
It's not the getting involved that makes him an idiot. He'd clearly run out of ideas for getting by legitimately and had made his mind up to lunge in at the hairpin some while before whether it was on or not.

Yeh i worded it badly really. I don't have anything against people getting stuck in. But i thought the move was poor, and so did the officials

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 3 Sep 2007, 14:25 (Ref:2002657)   #85
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Ah ok, I knew Silverstone was cancelled before the season started, just wondered if that was a factor.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 14:33 (Ref:2002666)   #86
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thruxton's first rounds were effectively Mondello's replacement, and Rockingham's, Silverstones.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 17:33 (Ref:2002842)   #87
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST

Not sure if I agree. He was quite far alongside, and only ended up hitting Gio in that manner when he realized Gio was shutting the door. I also saw several other similar moves during the day that passed off without incident because the drivers gave each other room.

I am giving TOC the benefit of the doubt as he didn't mean to put Gio in the gravel, and after watching Gio's antics in race 3 I was beginning to wander if Plato and Gio had swapped cars! Plato was surprisingly level headed yesterday, he didn't get involved in any silly incidents and drove very well despite a SEAT that looked like a snail down the straights in comparison to other cars.

While I'm not saying TOC was in the right, Gio should have also used his head and thought of the championship IMO.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 21:45 (Ref:2003078)   #88
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Gio left the door far too open, and TOC came from a long way back. Racing incident, both could have prevented it, but neither was hugely in the wrong in either going for the gap or turning in.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 16:31 (Ref:2003676)   #89
Koulle
Racer

United Kingdom
Koulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Turner get a couple of wins, he's had some awful luck this season.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 17:21 (Ref:2003710)   #90
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by how clean the racing generally was last Sunday. Everyone giving each other room and generally using their heads. Good stuff.