Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Do you think SVG be served court papers this weekend, preventing him from competeing?
Yes 4 12.50%
No 28 87.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3235129)   #76
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
an engine issue that was outside the rules. found after he won the race.
I dont think it would have been Shane Re Setting the ECU, anyway there was about 4/5 Pinged for it anyway, all for the same thing
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3235135)   #77
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
We'll cover "there" and "their" in the next class, and that will be followed by "your" and "you're" next week.
You're displaying your ignorance........what about "they're"?
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3235142)   #78
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
You're displaying your ignorance........what about "they're"?
Yes! That too! And two for that matter...
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3235144)   #79
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I'm bored.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3235147)   #80
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Only one "o" in "to" Pecky

Two in "I'll have one too."

One in "You don't need to."

We'll cover "there" and "their" in the next class, and that will be followed by "your" and "you're" next week.

We will then be covering correct use of apostrophes, so watch this space...
so you ask a question, i give you the answer civally and then you feel the need to insult me. lesson learnt. thanks.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3235150)   #81
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
I dont think it would have been Shane Re Setting the ECU, anyway there was about 4/5 Pinged for it anyway, all for the same thing
Correct, and I don't think Fabian was building the formula ford engines either. It's the engine builder who was cheating not the driver.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3235154)   #82
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so you ask a question, i give you the answer civally and then you feel the need to insult me. lesson learnt. thanks.
1. I didn't ask you anything.
2. I'm not insulting you, I'm sure you are a very decent chap.
3. I'm just bored.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3235529)   #83
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Not being a great speller does not make you a bad person (if it did then the entire Gen Y would be bad people, and I know of two of them who are not bad people).

That said, when I was 7 years old I went to school with a boy called Kevin who was not a great speller. He had red hair, and used to slap you over the ears. I thought he was quite annoying, although I am not sure if he ended up being annoying because his name was Kevin, because he was a bad speller or whether it was because he had red hair. I suspect it was because he was called Kevin.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3235534)   #84
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We have a man at my work called Len Nel - he is a living pallindrome...
Must be that dodgy "l" on the keyboard again. One l in palindrome.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3235551)   #85
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He was just making up for the one he missed.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3235557)   #86
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I may also be going blind, especially in the dark (which is usually where I am kept).

The other day our black cat (who is very black), jumped onto our black rug in the dim light. It took me four hours of crawling around on my hands and knees to find him, only for him to scratch me on the hand for my troubles. I bet he thought it was funny, too.

I reallllllly do have to get my keyboard fixed though...
Old 17 Apr 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3235700)   #87
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Done something there Goat boy that not many can do.........stop Pecker in his tracks.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3235707)   #88
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's been bamboozled with facts.

Poor Pecky.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3235712)   #89
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
He's been bamboozled with facts.

Poor Pecky.
i figured he was drunk, so i was just ignoring him

sorry wasn't aware there was anything i needed to say or any comment i needed to respond to
Old 18 Apr 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3235997)   #90
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Nope, I was bored - teaching a class of adult students to use CAD, very boring while they're busy doing the exerises.

Once, to entertain myself during these long intervals, I brought in a video of that famous clip "How to overtake at Bathurst," and played it on the data projector. This had the unfortunate effect of bringing in all of the passing boy-racers (who inhabit the institution where I teach in large numbers) who then proceeded to run outside and do donuts in the car park. As the room I was in was down on the ground floor and adjacent to said carpark, it quickly filled with smoke, setting off the fire alarms and causing a general evacuation of the building which, due to the fact it was an evening class, luckily only consisted of eight of us plus some disgruntled cleaners.

By the time we got back in (after the six fire engines had departed) it was too late to continue the class, and half of the students had had their cars stolen. Mine was okay though, as it was a Suzuki XC90 with a sign on it which said, "Please steal."
Old 22 Apr 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3237686)   #91
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did someone mention SVG??
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3318159)   #92
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR/EREBUS V SVG

Both parties of to the courts, Lawyers laughing all the way to the Bar,
http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2013...in-court-39428

Interesting to see the outcome of this
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3318176)   #93
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I note the article states that there are no claims for damages, or to try stop SVG racing. So, that begs the question, what are they after?
Old 16 Oct 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3318288)   #94
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting. I'd heard on the weekend that it had already been settled earlier in the year. Obviously not.

But reading the article, I think the purpose is to use it as discovery. Erebus are asking for correspondence between the VGs, Tekno and Holden. They want to know whether they took advantage of Shane quitting and enticed him back, or whether they actually contributed to him breaking his contract.

In short, they want to know who to sue.

The VGs are looking for a way to prove that the contract they had was rendered meaningless by the change of ownership and subsequent change to AMG cars. Which I understand, but any non-compete clause in his exit agreement surely acknowledged he had a valid contract, otherwise he could have just walked at the end of the year free and clear.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3318314)   #95
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Technically the #9 car is still entered by SBR isnt it? With a car supplied by Erebus in that REC slot. So it may well be in the 50 shades of grey...

Although does it become a moot point if Mr van Gisbergen is not staying at Tekno next year..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3318342)   #96
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Technically the #9 car is still entered by SBR isnt it? With a car supplied by Erebus in that REC slot. So it may well be in the 50 shades of grey...

Although does it become a moot point if Mr van Gisbergen is not staying at Tekno next year..
A lot of waffle on this on another site, all to do with said manager at Tekno not making the pilgrimage to Bathurst , but sorting out things that needed to be sorted back at Stapylton. Hmm woudln't that need Team Owner , Dad
Old 16 Oct 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3318454)   #97
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Total waste of time and money....

What's the motivation for Betty/Stones to pursue this? Either money or revenge? Neither are likely to be satisfying with mounting legal bills and possible fan backlash for Erebus.

FWIW, I'm not condoning drivers breaking contracts, but this action is silly. Perhaps V8SC need to have power to determine driver contracts? Like F1.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3318526)   #98
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
A lot of waffle on this on another site, all to do with said manager at Tekno not making the pilgrimage to Bathurst , but sorting out things that needed to be sorted back at Stapylton. Hmm woudln't that need Team Owner , Dad
Do you have a link to the other site. Interested in reading what is said.
Cheers
Old 16 Oct 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3318651)   #99
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by onza View Post
Do you have a link to the other site. Interested in reading what is said.
Cheers
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/t...2&whichpage=44
Old 17 Oct 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3318701)   #100
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Total waste of time and money....

What's the motivation for Betty/Stones to pursue this? Either money or revenge? Neither are likely to be satisfying with mounting legal bills and possible fan backlash for Erebus.

FWIW, I'm not condoning drivers breaking contracts, but this action is silly. Perhaps V8SC need to have power to determine driver contracts? Like F1.
Deterrence. They're simply doing what almost every team would do. Monster were willing to have Jamie Whincup benched from the championship if they didn't get a certain amount of money from him because of the Red Bull deal - and nobody could suggest that was in his control.

Teams and sponsors do these things to try and stop others from following suit. Because if they don't, what's the point of a contract. The idea of stopping him racing is long gone, but they'll want to get some compensation out of them for it. And if they can drag Holden into it, that might make it more fun.

And while it may ultimately be a waste of time and money, Betty has plenty of both.
Closed Thread